Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

NBA anyone? Who's your team?

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Meh. Took until the third period for your team to come alive. The Raptors whittled away and has some crappy calls. A team that's never made the finals making the so called dynasty work???? My husband was at the game it wasn't quiet princess.
  • AliNouveau
    Btw he'll be at game 5 and I'll be hosting a girls pizza party. Who *kitten* cares who wins. We're partying as Toronto does best
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    edited June 2019
    Meh. Took until the third period for your team to come alive. The Raptors whittled away and has some crappy calls. A team that's never made the finals making the so called dynasty work???? My husband was at the game it wasn't quiet princess.
    Apparently you don't know how the Warriors play. It's VERY COMMON, for them to go into the half down in points to their opposition. The series before this, they were down double digits (15) the last 3 games at half time and swept. And the Raptors have been contenders for the East for years, but LeBron and company kept winning the East the past 4 till this year, so it's not like we're playing a wild card team that happen to be lucky to make the Finals. Raptors deserve to be here. Too bad he can't go to "ROARACLE" arena for the next 2 games. That's LOUD. As for Drake, if you watch Iggy's last shot, he pulled his hoodie over his face cause he KNEW we were winning this game. And WE care who wins because it will only be the 2nd time in history an NBA team wins 3 consecutive Finals, not to mention it's the last hurray in Oracle before they move to San Francisco (across the Bay) next year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Crucial game for the Raptors tonight, and semi crucial for GSW. If the Raptors lose, it's almost a given that with Durant coming back game 4, that the DUBS will win the Finals. The DUBS can still lose tonight, with a great chance to still win it all with Durant coming back. GO DUBS!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Hoped the DUBS would win with no Klay and KD. Supporting cast just couldn't get it done. Well IMO, Friday is do or die for the DUBS. Don't want to go back to Toronto down 3-1.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm cheering for Toronto but i try not to watch from the start. So i tune in around the 3rd end. I don't want to jinx them
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cracks in the "dynasty". Hope to see it crumble some more on Friday. #wethenorth
  • AliNouveau
    Raptors played great yesterday!!!

Hubs was hoping to sell his game 5 tickets but looks like he better go. I'm very game is turning into a party. Canada is showing everyone how to watch sports hahah
  • ninerbuff
    No KD tomorrow, but Klay will likely play. IMO, do or die for the Warriors tomorrow. We go down 3-1 and it's pretty much over.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • AliNouveau
    Holy smokes. Raptors started out playing like crap. Coach Nick must have really given them a talking to wow. Serge was amazing, I could look at that man all day
  • 33gail33
    Honestly we had that one bad third quarter in game two or we could have swept them. #wethenorth
  • ninerbuff
    Not looking good. Now it's do or die. The only condolence we have right now is that Durant will play the rest of the way. Still need 4 to be champs, but I'm not confident that the Warriors can do that against this team. One game at a time to see who the champ will be.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • 33gail33
    edited June 2019
    Not looking good. Now it's do or die. The only condolence we have right now is that Durant will play the rest of the way. Still need 4 to be champs, but I'm not confident that the Warriors can do that against this team. One game at a time to see who the champ will be.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't think Durant is coming back. He hasn't even practiced yet. I almost hope he does so Raps can win with him in the lineup. ๐Ÿ˜ You might recall that the Raps did beat the Warriors in December with Durant in and Kawhi out so it can be done. #wethenorth
  • AliNouveau

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't think Durant is coming back. He hasn't even practiced yet. I almost hope he does so Raps can win with him in the lineup. ๐Ÿ˜ You might recall that the Raps did beat the Warriors in December with Durant in and Kawhi out so it can be done. #wethenorth

We like you!!! Haha
    I just dug out my dinosaur cookie cutters. We are pulling out all the stops for Monday's celebration . Even if they don't win game 5 it will be incredible. The city is just so alive. We're a friendly bunch but it's like we've stepped it up a level
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Raps ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿคž
  • ninerbuff

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

He's practicing today. Here's hoping we can win tomorrow.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    That one hurt. My heart is so heavy. :( you could tell no one felt good about how that game went. Weโ€™ll get them next time. ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿ€
  • AliNouveau
    Raptors didn't play a championship game last night. It's like they just couldn't find their rhythm

Thet poor Durant guy, let's hope he didn't end his career coming back too soon to play.
  • ninerbuff
    Winning can come at a price. Durant's injury didn't look good and if it's a ruptured achilles tendon, he could be out all next year. Hopefully it's only a minor tear. I am proud that the Warriors held their ground even though he went down though. It's pretty obvious that if Durant was healthy, this may be a whole different series. But back to ROARACLE and let's get another game to bring it to 7!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • AliNouveau
    edited June 2019
    It's not good when an entire team relies on one player to get the job done because then they end up play injured and sick. Happened to me with my skating team two years ago, I had to compete with pneumonia and it's probably partly why I now need shoulder surgery. I skated in lots of pain for an entire year. ETA: not making direct comparisons between my amateur adult figure skating but I do understand the pressure and its sucks when you feel you have to suck it up for the better good of the team. It's called a TEAM for a reason....there ain't on I in there!!! haha

Raptors took two games in Oakland already. My cutie Kyle likes playing on the road. But really if it goes to game 7 we stand to make more money to put into the vacation fund. We made $2300 last night I can't imagine what people will be willing to pay for a game 7!!!