Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

NBA anyone? Who's your team?

Options

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Damn Warriors didn't even need Durant the Raps beat themselves. Lots of missed chances and they couldn't buy a 3 pointer - should have rushed in for a 2 and possible foul at the end there. Why go for a 3 when you have been missing them all night and only need 1 point?!
    Anyway they have been coming back with a strong game after a bad one so let's hope Thursday is our night!!
    And I hate to be "that person" but what does it take for Kawhi to draw a foul? Lots of contact there.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Winning can come at a price. Durant's injury didn't look good and if it's a ruptured achilles tendon, he could be out all next year. Hopefully it's only a minor tear. I am proud that the Warriors held their ground even though he went down though. It's pretty obvious that if Durant was healthy, this may be a whole different series. But back to ROARACLE and let's get another game to bring it to 7!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yeah I just turned to my husband and said "that does not look good". But I mean there was a feeling that he wasn't ready and they were rushing him back I was hearing all along that you don't come back that fast from his injury. Unfortunate all around but it honestly could give the Warriors a shot of adrenaline too so ....
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Damn Warriors didn't even need Durant the Raps beat themselves. Lots of missed chances and they couldn't buy a 3 pointer - should have rushed in for a 2 and possible foul at the end there. Why go for a 3 when you have been missing them all night and only need 1 point?!
    Anyway they have been coming back with a strong game after a bad one so let's hope Thursday is our night!!
    And I hate to be "that person" but what does it take for Kawhi to draw a foul? Lots of contact there.

Omg that last shot just shoot the darn ball. You need just 2 points. Even if the raptors lose the whole thing they haven't let the Warriors have any blow out wins . They've kept in the game yesterday just wasn't a good one
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    The refs missed calls on both sides. The issue here was that Nurse called a timeout when the Raptors were on a roll. That time out gave the Warriors time to resettle themselves and then they went on to take the lead for good. And yes, they were in the bonus, but even then if someone ran the paint I doubt the refs would have left the game up to a foul call unless it was totally obvious. This is a GREAT series. Even with the Warriors depleted and our bench not even being as talented as Toronto's, being able to still carry on and make it competitive is making the Finals fun. Win or lose, I don't think as a Warriors fan I'll be disappointed.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Let’s go Raps!!! ❤️ 🇨🇦 🏀
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Champs!!!!! Yay Raptors
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for winning their first championship. Proud of my team though. With all the injuries and adversity against them, they managed to bring it down to the final seconds of a possible game 7 (which I don't think they would have won anyway). This not only was a loss of the championship, but 2 bigger losses in Durant and Klay for possibly the next whole season. So our chances of going back next year don't look too good. So, now onto football for me!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • 33gail33
    Options
    Yeah maybe the Warriors should be looking at upgrading their training staff or something. I mean we always look at injuries as kind of random bad luck, and it could be, but I think part of fielding a championship team at that level is keeping them healthy enough to get through the playoffs - and to have two of your best players go down on strain type injuries isn't a great look.

As a Toronto fan it is great to finally have a team that you aren't *expecting* to crash and burn in the playoffs. Even down 10-12 points, or after a *kitten* game, you always have that feeling and confidence that they will come back.

Here's hoping we can keep Kawhi and this is just the beginning!!

• AliNouveau
    Options
    Yeah maybe the Warriors should be looking at upgrading their training staff or something. I mean we always look at injuries as kind of random bad luck, and it could be, but I think part of fielding a championship team at that level is keeping them healthy enough to get through the playoffs - and to have two of your best players go down on strain type injuries isn't a great look.

As a Toronto fan it is great to finally have a team that you aren't *expecting* to crash and burn in the playoffs. Even down 10-12 points, or after a *kitten* game, you always have that feeling and confidence that they will come back.

That's a good idea. Clearly they allowed KD back too early, that injury to Play was unfortunate but why did they media have to keep relying it???? I hate when they do that it's really tasteless. Cut to commercial it was obvious he has blown out his knee.

I feel like this Raptors team really has grit and they were like kids in a candy store. They look like they all get along and are buddies and that's such a great atmosphere to have on a team. I saw a clip of Fred taking questions from the media and Kyle asked him how it feels. They just seem fun.

Let's see what happens with Kawhi. He is leasing a house in my neighbourhood. Maybe I should go take him a basket of baked goods to say please stay. Get the neighbourhood kids to maybe go over and beg????
  • FLBlackMax
    FLBlackMax Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on your Keep Kawhi campaign :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    The restaurants are trying I have to do my part 152gtxt7dwod.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2019
    Options

Had nothing to do with the training staff. An injury happens when things don't go right. They aren't planned. Other medical experts chimed in saying that based on assessment from the Warriors medical staff, that the CALF was fine. The ruptured achilles likely happened due to the body trying to compensate for the calf injury. And Klay flat out landed wrong which caused his ACL tear. It's obvious Kawhi wasn't playing at 100% with a slight gimp, but he decided to and didn't sustain any more injury. It's part of being a pro athlete. And unlike the regular season where you can have them sit and recover for however long, we're speaking of the Finals which is a finite number of games. Durant, his agent, his doctor and others thought he could play. Klay's hamstring seemed to be doing fine games 5 and 6 as he ran up and down the court with no problem. They chose to play because they knew it was the Finals. Unfortunately the both got hurt and no Warrior fan will ever doubt that they didn't try to give it their all. With that said, I look forward to next year as a "training" year for draft picks and current players to be better in the system to make another run at another championship once Klay and hopefully Durant are fine to play again.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• 33gail33
    Options

Had nothing to do with the training staff. An injury happens when things don't go right. They aren't planned. Other medical experts chimed in saying that based on assessment from the Warriors medical staff, that the CALF was fine. The ruptured achilles likely happened due to the body trying to compensate for the calf injury. And Klay flat out landed wrong which caused his ACL tear. It's obvious Kawhi wasn't playing at 100% with a slight gimp, but he decided to and didn't sustain any more injury. It's part of being a pro athlete. And unlike the regular season where you can have them sit and recover for however long, we're speaking of the Finals which is a finite number of games. Durant, his agent, his doctor and others thought he could play. Klay's hamstring seemed to be doing fine games 5 and 6 as he ran up and down the court with no problem. They chose to play because they knew it was the Finals. Unfortunately the both got hurt and no Warrior fan will ever doubt that they didn't try to give it their all. With that said, I look forward to next year as a "training" year for draft picks and current players to be better in the system to make another run at another championship once Klay and hopefully Durant are fine to play again.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well obviously injuries aren't planned but proper conditioning and strengthening helps prevent them, and proper management of minor injuries prevents major ones.
    A hamstring strain and the a torn ACL in the same leg and a "calf strain" and a torn Achilles in the same leg? That seems like way, way too much of a coincidence to me.
    But its neither here nor there at this point hindsight is 20/20 they took a chance and lost and I certainly understand their drive to get back in the game.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    The restaurants are trying I have to do my part 152gtxt7dwod.jpg

I'll pledge to name my first born Kawhi! (He is 29 but I'm sure he'll be fine with changing his name ... 😁)
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well obviously injuries aren't planned but proper conditioning and strengthening helps prevent them, and proper management of minor injuries prevents major ones.
    A hamstring strain and the a torn ACL in the same leg and a "calf strain" and a torn Achilles in the same leg? That seems like way, way too much of a coincidence to me.
    But its neither here nor there at this point hindsight is 20/20 they took a chance and lost and I certainly understand their drive to get back in the game.
    Any injured part of the body (for anyone) even though fully rehabbed and recovered could have subtly affected that side of the body. If someone injures a shoulder lifting, rest recover and return, then later their bicep tendon started hurting, it was likely a byproduct of the initial shoulder injury. It's NOT coincidence, it's just how the body works. You're speaking of pro athletes who have THE BEST sports/medical staffs at their hand and they all have the athletes health first on the agenda. Many athletes will push past injuries and do everything they can to play, BUT they cannot unless they get the medical staff clearance. Demarcus Cousins TORE his quad in the same leg as his achilles surgery and came back after sitting out the next 2 series. Was he 100%? Of course not, but he didn't sustain another injury the rest of the way. So yes, the staff know what they are doing. Sometimes chips don't fall your way.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    A big thanks to KD for helping us win 2 more championships. Hope he recovers well and good luck in Brooklyn. Gonna miss Iggy as well. These are the times that try teams and there will be a new look Warriors team next year. Let's see if D'Angelo Russell fits in and helps us to be competitive next year. Life goes on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    [/quote]

• 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Thx to Danny Green, the real MVP. If he doesn’t inadvertently hurt Klay on the fast break attempt the Raps lose game six for sure and who knows what happens in game 7
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Wow Kawhi and PG to the Clippers! Next year is going to be crazy in the West.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Seminolefan22
    Seminolefan22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Golden State Warriors
  • 33gail33
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Wow Kawhi and PG to the Clippers! Next year is going to be crazy in the West.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

😭😭😭

At least Kahwi didn't go to the Lakers but damn it sucks for us that he wouldn't stay one more year to defend. NBA free agency is a wild ride.
    Looking forward to seeing what Siakam can do going forward, and we have loads of contracts coming off the books next year, so hopefully Masai can work some magic.