FitBit....worth it?

2»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    kwrecks wrote: »
    So my HRM is off, too? When I do my class I know my heart rate is up. I have the Garmin FR70 and I know that it's made for running but there is a "General" setting too. I've been using that. I know my heart rate is up and I know I'm working hard. So is the calorie count that it's giving me wrong?

Here's
    some info about using a heart rate monitor during weight lifting.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Edie30 wrote: »
    I've found HRM most accurate so you could just stick to that. Mfp totally overestimates! Don't believe a word! Fitbit is fun though :-)

A HRM is only accurate with steady-state cardio. You rarely lift fast enough or with enough steady rhythm to keep your heart rate elevated to the point that a HRM will work with any degree of accuracy.

I only used an HRM for running... Not lifting :-)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I've found HRM most accurate so you could just stick to that. Mfp totally overestimates! Don't believe a word! Fitbit is fun though :-)

A HRM is only accurate with steady-state cardio. You rarely lift fast enough or with enough steady rhythm to keep your heart rate elevated to the point that a HRM will work with any degree of accuracy.

I only used an HRM for running... Not lifting :-)
    Cool. You didn't specify in your original post so it was read in the context of the discussion, which by then had turned to tracking during lifting.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Aha :-)