Data base on calorie count sucks

2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    You guys were even NICER than I was inclined to be to MR MONTBJ. (kjllose - I was thinking you were right on!)

I guess his mommy didn't teach him "If you don't have somethng nice to say, don't say anything."

I entered all my foods, and didn't have much trouble either. I don't have a problem helping people, but not when they are rude and don't know how to use their computers for good. Or maybe don't know how to use their computers....??

No apologies.

cm.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Here's another extensive database: http://calorielab.com/index.html

They have foods from MANY restaurants as well as common and packaged foods
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Sounding like a broken record - thanks so much skinnier me. The site via sparkpeople is fantastic! Just calculated my turkey meatloaf and was thrilled to see it wasn't very high in cals.

A
  • patr
    patr Posts: 19
    Hello everyone.
    Being new to the site, I too entered to much information for the food I was wanting. I have learned it's simple to search for "chicken", or "mustard."

I find adding the foods from the products I buy simple and quick.

Love the site and thanks for all the links.

Pat
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Very welcome Alise & Pat =)
  • hey skinnier.. thanks for posting that recipe calorie counter... save me so much trouble from searching the ingredient's content one by one, listing and adding 'em up on PAPER!

:D:D:D
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Very welcome BG! =)

You'll save some trees now =P
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Generally you should be able to find something pretty close. I've only been at this a couple of weeks and started on another site until I found this one. (I prefer MFP because it incorporates calories burned into my daily intake.)

As a comparison, I did find I had to adjust my search terms a bit compared to the other site. Meaning, this search engine is not as 'fuzzy' so it can take a couple of tries to get the right keyword.

This is eventually overcome by the way the site remembers what you have had for different meals, plus the personal foods you can enter. In just the week I've been using it and getting (my personal list up to speed) it almost starts to do the thinking for you.

...It's like Teevo for Calories :)
This discussion has been closed.