Success is anything but a straight line.

124»

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Glad I read this today - needed a lift! Thank you!!
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Way to rock dude! Great resilience and very motivating. This is life!
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    I remember reading your original post back when you first posted it. I was in that very same dark corner of my mind as well, and I thought 'Wow... there is someone who has been going through the same - he made it, I should be able to make it'. And I did. For a while. Then I slipped too, work troubles, pressure, etc got to me, so I'm back again at where I was nearly 10 years ago. Not happy with it, but I'm determined to get over this once again, but this time make it for good. Good luck! I know you can make it too!
  • EpicMedic
    EpicMedic Posts: 24 Member
    LBL1986 wrote: »
    I appreciate your honesty with your struggle with depression. And most of all sharing that the road to success can be a winding one.

I'm still new to my journey but I've been struggling with depression and I'm certainly realizing that my dependency on food is directly related to how I feel at any given time which makes things tough.

Best wishes to you and you can do it!!!

Thank you for the support! I'm up front and honest with my depression because I simply cannot stand the stigma attached to mental illness. Yes, I suffer from depression, and NO, that DOESNT make me crazy or any less of an awesome person! Nobody pokes fun at people with arthritis or cancer, and it's about time that people start seeing depression and other mental illnesses as similar MEDICAL conditions.

Depression is everywhere in our society, and people don't realize just how many of their friends and acquaintances are fighting with hidden illnesses every single day. If my optimism, if my attitude and honesty about depression, if it can help one person who feels like they are all alone realize that they are surrounded by people who understand and who have been there, then it's worth the fight. Depression sucks, but it sucks a little less when you've got a support system that includes people who understand what you're going through.

• EpicMedic
    edited January 2016
    You will do it. Do you have access to counselling with a psychologist? I loved your first post. I like to hear the stories, and I find they so often resemble my own. I've been there. I've put almost 3000 hours into an MMO, the whole time eating and eating and consoling myself with food and "accomplishments" obtained in the virtual world, as I felt my real one falling apart and tried to deal with all the stresses from many places at once.

I was able to see a psychologist through an employment program, and after some time and a lot of headway there, decided to ask my doctor about a mild anti-depressant. I'm so glad I did. I have my life back. I have a positive attitude and I've learned how to turn around the negative thinking as soon as it begins.

It can be done. Making the start is always the hardest, especially when you are depressed. People who have never experienced it can't even fathom how hard it is. If you need a friend, add me. I'm here every single day and my diary is open to my friends. I also post motivational quotes daily. I wish you the best!

I've added you, thank you so much for the kind words and the support! I too take an anti-depressant and it has completely changed my life for he better. Originally I took the medicine during the winter since that's when my depression is by far the worst, but I'm finding that I'm going to need to take it year round to remain where I want to be!

• EpicMedic
    Yivs_87 wrote: »
    I remember reading your original post back when you first posted it. I was in that very same dark corner of my mind as well, and I thought 'Wow... there is someone who has been going through the same - he made it, I should be able to make it'. And I did. For a while. Then I slipped too, work troubles, pressure, etc got to me, so I'm back again at where I was nearly 10 years ago. Not happy with it, but I'm determined to get over this once again, but this time make it for good. Good luck! I know you can make it too!

You did it before, you can do it again. The fact that you are back to continue the fight speaks volumes about your character! You are a FIGHTER, and that kind of drive means the only outcome is success, failure is not an option! Sure, maybe the lines that show our path to success are a little less like a county road and more like a roller coaster, but that doesn't take away from the end result that we will both attain. Keep pushing forward man, I'm right here with you!
  • whiskyandsoda485
    whiskyandsoda485 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am very new to this app. What a truly terrific story. Your honesty and resolve is great. I so wish you all my best wishes and support . Inspirational. When you achieve your goals you look great and happy. lol from London.
  • loha2328
    loha2328 Posts: 24 Member
    Your story is inspirational and your struggles are our struggles too. I agree that we all get knocked down (usually we trip ourselves up) but what we do after that is the key to success.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    I think this story hold true for many of us! You just had the guts to verbalize it. Thank you for sharing and I now know I am not alone out there - no one can be perfect all the time. It is how you deal with the downs as much as the ups that makes us successful.

Thank you!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Congrats on your success. Like myself you found that inner why.

I know I don't have to explain this to you anymore cuz you know exactly what I'm talking about once you found out why everything else was easy. Enjoy the journey
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    So great! And so true. Getting back up is the most important thing, well done!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    I admire you for going deep within yourself to find the true source of the issue and the cure. Few, including often me, are unwilling to go there. Well done Sir - and you look great!!!
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Great job and perfect example of tenacity. Keep up the good work!

I have same starting weight and goals. At 229 now after 2.5 months. We can do this together bro!
  • Becarolach
    Becarolach Posts: 26 Member
    Keep going I gust started 6days ago working on first twenty thanks for motivation
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Situation well understood. I lost over 60 pounds, then returned to a job I had left 2 years earlier (medical) and worked huge amounts overtime, often 7 days a week. I lost control of my personal time, and exercise and eating healthy flew out the window in favor of finding enough time to sleep. Then several months later I broke my knee and spent 2 months laid up and bedridden. Have gained back 25 pounds and am so discouraged as I refuse to be one of those statistics that regains all their weight back. Am just now able to return to my own home, start exercising my knee back to normal function. Lots of sitting around, so MFP, now that I have access to a computer again, here I come! A big zig-zag in the line on the road, but slowly wandering back again to the main route. We all inspire each other, these posts are definitely worth reading for motivation.
  • ttedeski
    ttedeski Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you for being so candid! Life in general is full of so many ups and downs, it can be hard to stay motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Needed to hear this today. Thanks! Look great
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    This is an absolutley amazing read.
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far.
  • donnaanne3gr
    donnaanne3gr Posts: 1 Member
    Good job! Good advice!
  • shannshine1
    shannshine1 Posts: 617 Member
    Thank you for this post: the honesty and clarity get to the heart of the matter, of what matters. In a humorous style, you convey an inspirational message to us, the kind of message many of us need to hear, want to hear and through which we can find direction.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!