Ladies over 30 with only 15-25 lbs to goal weight success?

2»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    And I'm 39.
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Im 31 and have about 25lbs to lose. I have done it before but just gave birth again and am holding on to baby weight. I'm 5'10 with a small frame, and trying to stay within my calories (1600) and be active by walking 3x a week and spinning 3x a week. My biggest issue is trying to control my boredom and emotional eating… I just start to eat and can't seem to stop.
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    30 years old here. My initial goal was to lose 30 lbs, which is a little more than your original post is looking for, but I think the habits and practices are the same, since 30 lbs is not the same as trying to lose 50, 100+. I've lost about 20 lbs in the last 3 1/2 months (195-175 -- I'm 5'8") and would like to lose another 10-15. I lost the first 20 by following a strength training program with a trainer (lifting heavy 2 to 4 times per week -- I can bench press 100 lbs now!) and running.

I typically stick to 1600 calories and follow a 40% carb/30% fat/30% protein macro ratio. Sometimes I eat more than that. Sometimes I drink too much beer. or eat too much chocolate. or cheese. or hot wings. The key is sometimes, not often. I'm choosing to lose slowly so that my lifestyle will be sustainable.

Some of the keys to my success thus far have been:

-Bring my breakfast and lunch to work. I make a batch of egg frittatas (ground turkey, quinoa, veggies, and eggs) each week, and keep a stash of healthy stuff in the fridge at work (lean lunchmeat, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, fresh veggies). Even "healthy" takeout options often have tons of sodium or a surprising amount of calories. I've also saved a bunch of money!

-Schedule your workouts. For me, this is accomplished a few times a week because I'm working with a trainer. It was an expensive investment but has been worth every penny. Financial commitment is surprisingly motivating. If that doesn't fit in your budget, put your workouts on your calendar and schedule your life around them like you would any other commitment. Make it realistic. If you're not a morning person, don't schedule 6am workouts. If you're too tired after work, try getting up earlier. If you know "stopping home for just a minute" will derail you from actually getting to the gym, leave your gym clothes in the car and go straight there. Do what works for you.

-DRINK WATER. ALL THE TIME.

-Don't be afraid to lift heavy. I have friends that are fitness competitors. They have to work very hard and do very specific things to look the way they do. I'm proud of my strong quads and (almost) visible biceps.

-Eat protein after workouts and before heading out to "tempting" food situations. I'll sometimes have a protein shake before going to the bar or an event that will have lots of appetizers or food to "take the edge off" and help keep me full so I'm not tempted to snack.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!