Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Dad of two boys ages 4.5 and 3. When the first one was born I gained more pregnancy weight than my wife and topped out at 230 lbs, since then I've done the up and down that most people do until about a year ago when I really focused in on my diet. I'm now 165 and in maintenance and I don't plan on going back.

Working out for me is the easy part of the equation since for some reason I have a really good inner motivational voice that doesn't like breaks. I've also slow built a good home gym in my garage so no more motivating myself to get to the gym (always the hardest part) and I do a lot of bodyweight exercise now as well.

Looking for other Mom and Dad friends to commiserate with because we all know that most of our stress comes from our kids and they are worth all of it but it helps to complain :) and know that you are in good company.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was on here before and fell off the wagon. I need to start again and lose about 25 pounds. Anyone want to add me as a friend I will be glad to help encourage and get some pushback for myself to stay on track. I'm now pre-diabetic and my triglycerides have a comma in them...yikes I got to get busy.

Glad to have you back!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Dad of two boys ages 4.5 and 3. When the first one was born I gained more pregnancy weight than my wife and topped out at 230 lbs, since then I've done the up and down that most people do until about a year ago when I really focused in on my diet. I'm now 165 and in maintenance and I don't plan on going back.

Working out for me is the easy part of the equation since for some reason I have a really good inner motivational voice that doesn't like breaks. I've also slow built a good home gym in my garage so no more motivating myself to get to the gym (always the hardest part) and I do a lot of bodyweight exercise now as well.

Looking for other Mom and Dad friends to commiserate with because we all know that most of our stress comes from our kids and they are worth all of it but it helps to complain :) and know that you are in good company.

Thanks for sharing. I too work out at home. It fits my busy lifestyle much easier. Congrats on losing and getting to the maintenance point. That is great!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hello everyone. How was your weekend? What exciting stuff did you do? We actually took it easy this weekend. Can you believe that. No Soccer, no Cross Country meet. Nothing. Just hung out and relaxed at home. Now, that wont be the case this weekend, but I'll worry about that when we get closer. :)
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Weekend was nice and quiet here as well but I don't have the crazy sports schedule for the kiddos yet. Worked on the honey-do list and called it good.
  • cornpop23
    cornpop23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 1yr old and I greatly underestimated how difficult it would be for me to lose weight. I'm new and needing help! Add me!! And please tell me how to add people! Thanks
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    cornpop23 wrote: »
    I'm a mom to a 1yr old and I greatly underestimated how difficult it would be for me to lose weight. I'm new and needing help! Add me!! And please tell me how to add people! Thanks

If someone tells you you can add them, click on their user name to go to their page, then click on add friend and it will send them a request. I suggest adding a comment in the request just to be courteous.
  • mrscurvymommy
    mrscurvymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    New mommy here! He'll be 3 months old in a couple of weeks. I'd love mommy/daddy friends!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 2.5 year old girl :) anyone can add me
  • SchnittySanga
    SchnittySanga Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dad of 3, looking to lose somewhere in the range of 50lbs. Anyone can add me. Let's motivate and keep each other honest on our way to a healthier life.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hello all! I'm a mom to 4 girls ages 12,11,2, and 9 months. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends
  • grazz145
    grazz145 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two very active boys. Running from practice to practice, and game to game gives us very little time sit at the dinner table as a family. This means a lot of fast food or food that is easily microwaved. Not a very healthy diet. I lost 40 pounds over 6 years on WW but since have gained it all back plus 5 additional pounds. I have been trying to get back on track over the past year and have not had any luck. It would be nice to have some MFP friends to help motivate each other. Please feel free to add me.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Glad to have you with us. I know exactly what you mean running from practice to practice. My girls are in cross country and track, my son is in soccer, and we are all a part of the local running club. So we are always on the go.
    grazz145 wrote: »
    I'm a mom of two very active boys. Running from practice to practice, and game to game gives us very little time sit at the dinner table as a family. This means a lot of fast food or food that is easily microwaved. Not a very healthy diet. I lost 40 pounds over 6 years on WW but since have gained it all back plus 5 additional pounds. I have been trying to get back on track over the past year and have not had any luck. It would be nice to have some MFP friends to help motivate each other. Please feel free to add me.

One thing I have started to dive into a little more are crockpot meals. There are a ton of recipes out there, and you can prepare them all ahead of time, and then freeze them. When you are ready, drop it in the crockpot in the morning, let it slow cook all day, and you have a nice dinner for later. Plus, if there is enough, left overs for tomorrow.

• sjfitafter4
    sjfitafter4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 4 kids! 1,4,6,7 years old. Starting my journey tomorrow, I also love Beachbody programs! Feel free to add me!
  • RunZumba
    RunZumba Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom to a very active 4 and 1/2 year old boy. In the past four years or so,I have gained about 30 pounds that I am desperately trying to lose. However, no matter what I do, I can't seem to be able to lose even 10 pounds, let alone 30. I have run three full marathons and my injuries and times have gotten worse and worse. Through various trials and error, I think I have narrowed the problem down to some kind of hormonal imbalance. We'll see if I'm correct once I see my doctor. What I would like is encouragement from others who are going through similar experiences and those whose full-time mom/dad status keeps them very busy yet allows them to take care of their own health and well-being. Any input on achieving this balance would be greatly appreciated. Please also feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, my boy is checked in for the Regional USA Track & Field Cross country meet. I am nervous for him. He will be running against the best from TX, NM, AZ, and CO. Wish him luck. Race is at 09:00, and it will be about 22 degrees out. YIKES!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    sfitafter4 wrote: »
    Hi, I have 4 kids! 1,4,6,7 years old. Starting my journey tomorrow, I also love Beachbody programs! Feel free to add me!

Wow, you definitely have your hands full. What program are you doing right now?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    RunZumba wrote: »
    Hi! I am a mom to a very active 4 and 1/2 year old boy. In the past four years or so,I have gained about 30 pounds that I am desperately trying to lose. However, no matter what I do, I can't seem to be able to lose even 10 pounds, let alone 30. I have run three full marathons and my injuries and times have gotten worse and worse. Through various trials and error, I think I have narrowed the problem down to some kind of hormonal imbalance. We'll see if I'm correct once I see my doctor. What I would like is encouragement from others who are going through similar experiences and those whose full-time mom/dad status keeps them very busy yet allows them to take care of their own health and well-being. Any input on achieving this balance would be greatly appreciated. Please also feel free to add me as a friend.

Good for you running 3 full marathons. I haven't mustered up the courage to do one. 10k's are my cap at the moment. Maybe next year I will do one. I want to do a fun one, like maybe at Disneyland or something.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Alright, who has a plan to make it through Thanksgiving? Are you going to go all out and splurge, binge, and make it a massive cheat day, or are you going to be a little more conservative, so you can still enjoy yourself and not sabotage all the hard work you have put in?

For me, I am going to get my workout done in the morning, like I normally do, then focus on portion control for all that lovely food. I know if I don't, I will over eat and I don't want that.

So what's your plan?

alohx5bpdjvu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.