Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    ISO Speed Hammer today. Only 22 minutes, but still a good workout. I had to dig deep for motivation today, so I'm glad this workout was a little easier.
  • BadMuddah
    BadMuddah Posts: 10 Member
    Hi!
    I've got a five year old son who runs circles around me, even at my most energetic. I've also got a one month old beauty chunk who keeps me busy as well. Still working on that sleep schedule. I was at my best physically at the time I got pregnant, and I'm really hoping to get back to that. It's hard with two kids, and right now, a broken down car soooo I'm determined to be creative in getting where I need to be. Add me please, everyone! :smiley:
  • MikePXstream
    I have a house full of 13 year old girls. Lord help me!
  • achoulat395
    achoulat395 Posts: 27 Member
    I have 18 month old who keeps me on my toes on top of being a full time student and working, I stay busy. Find it hard to stay motivated and workout.
  • MikePXstream
    Today was rough. I only gave it about 75% today. And I had to talk myself into it. My wife and kids are on spring break right now. I work tonight and tomorrow, then have the rest of the week off. I need it too I think.
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    kasey39 wrote: »
    Mine has ADHD as well. I still struggle with it from time to time. I'm not a medication person so it's hard for me to grasp the fact that we haven't gotten to the root of the problem and fixed it (she was also diagnosed at 6), rather than just make it possible for her to function, but that's where we are. Mobile therapy and wraparounds didn't work, so we just do the best we can.

Kasey, have you thought about giving martial arts a try? I teach karate and we have had a large number of students over the years that have had ADD, ADHD, and Autism. Many of them are able to reduce or get off their meds because of the focus and energy release that martial arts gives them. Most schools will let you stop in and watch a class or two to see if you think it might be something that will help your child. :smiley:

• KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    It's Sushi time. Who likes Sushi?

mmmmmm..... Sushi. Now I feel the need to talk the hubby into a date night soon for all you can eat sushi.

• kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    We've tried pretty much everything out there. This is just where we are right now - I was more or less empathizing with other parents dealing with ADHD and the stress that can go along with it in relationship to the weight loss journey. I do appreciate the suggestions, it's just been a long 6 years of trial and error.
  • MikePXstream
    This week is proving to be challenging. With my wife and Kids home for spring break, my motivation is low to get done what I need to health and fitness wise. Been sleeping in, not really exercising, except for shotting some hoops with my boy, and relaxing on the nutrition, which I know is a big no no. We shall see what tomorrow brings. How are you all doing?
  • MikePXstream
    eve2w5hlu56q.jpg

One of my mentors shared his thoughts on the secrets to success and it resonated with me so much, that I wanted to share those thoughts with you. What is the secret to success? Do it anyway! What does that mean exactly?

When we set out to take on a challenge, were excited about it. Whether it be to lose a few pounds, exceed on a project at work, start seeing promise with your business, or flourish in a new relationship that you are in. You continue to do whatever it is that is making that work and granting you "success." However, have you ever noticed that after a while, that excitement starts to dissipate. The willingness to perform the tasks or energy to work the magic starts to become smaller and smaller. That is because many people, myself included, think that the motivation to succeed needs to happen at the beginning of the venture and will carry us through to the end. Well, that is not always the case and if you believe that, you might be setting yourself up for failure. Whats worse, if this pattern continues, you will be disappointed and the chances of you wanting to quit will increase.

So what is the golden ticket to not falling into this conundrum? When you are too tired to exercise, don't want to pick up the phone to make that much needed phone call, sick of hearing no all the time, or just not seeing any forward progress any more, DO IT ANYWAY!

So many times we quit right before we hit that breakthrough that takes us to the next level. We wallow in self pity on how we didn't hit that milestone or didn't see the results quick enough.

The drive, motivation, and determination to push on happens after action, not before. Think about it. Once you have finished your workout, talked to more people that are interested in a product or service you provide, or had that wonderful moment with the person you just started a relationship with, you are motivated beyond belief to keep that greatness going. But, don't let it stop there. When the next day starts, and you have to get up early to get that workout in, (or maybe stay up late) jump on the phone to keep that excitement flowing with the new client, or setup the next encounter with that new found friend or love interest, don't lay there in bed, hitting the snooze button over and over, thinking about how you can get it done. TAKE ACTION!!! Turn off the alarm, get out of bed, pick up the phone, and Do It Anyway! You'll be glad you did.

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/2015/04/the-secret-to-successdo-it-anyway.html
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    6 year old, 2 year old, full time college student, just picked up Shipt (grocery delivery) to earn money in my "free time" (aka, when my husband is home to watch the kids and I want to GTFO of the house).
  • Kristinewants2bfit
    Kristinewants2bfit Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a mom of three kids 9, 7 and 2. I am also looking for supportive friends.
  • MikePXstream
    4ulag59alzxy.png

Alright, our spring break is over, so it is time to get back on track. I have lots going on this week, and part of it is reclaiming some discipline for my nutrition. I can't believe how much I let myself slip this week. ugh.
  • tetsumi27
    tetsumi27 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a mom of three kids also, all of them are boys.. :smile: 8, 4 and 2. I want to be back in shape because I'm afraid that my husband would leave me or even look for other girls. :smiley:
  • gingerdoesfitness
    gingerdoesfitness Posts: 12 Member
    Hi I am just starting out ... I'm the single mom to two girls 18 and 9 years old. My husband walked out in Jan so we are dealing with a lot intiallly I dropped quiet a bit of weight and realized how much I had gained due to his insistence...so this is all a process of finding myself again
  • MikePXstream
    tetsumi27 wrote: »
    I'm a mom of three kids also, all of them are boys.. :smile: 8, 4 and 2. I want to be back in shape because I'm afraid that my husband would leave me or even look for other girls. :smiley:

I hope your husband wouldn't leave you or look elsewhere just because of if you were in shape or not. That bond should be unconditional. Just saying.
  • MikePXstream
    Yesterday was going great until.....my order of girl scout cookies showed up at work. Why did I order those again? lol. Because it is for a good cause right?

The next couple of days I am doing a little bit of a nutrition refresh. All whole foods, no junk, with very little exercise because my calorie intake will be a lower than usual. Just to shakeo things up a bit and give my body a little kick from a different angle.

Next month it is back to HIIT and running. I'll have about 2 months to get ready for the Bolder Boulder 10k. My wife and I have ran this every year for the past 6-7 years. It's a lot of fun. One of the biggest 10k's in the country. If you are ever in Colorado for Memorial day, you you run it!
  • quotelawrence
    quotelawrence Posts: 10 Member
    I am new to the community I have lost 45 lbs just cutting sugar, and carbs, then I started increasing my walks I now walk about 5 miles a day and am under 220 for the first time in so long, "I have toes", the idea of walking is so good I walk alone yet nightly I walk by an Asian couple talking amongst themselves and I wave and they smile it is both relaxing and communal, our country needs to do much more walking and less sitting and driving
  • MikePXstream
    our country needs to do much more walking and less sitting and driving

I couldn't agree more. Part of the reason I exercise as mucha s I do is because I sit at a desk 8 hours a day, plus hour drive to and from. I get up and stand or walk as often as I can, but still doesn't feel like enough. Thank youfor sharing.
  • MikePXstream
    Well, after last weeks little bender with spring break and all, I am down 3 lbs already. Amazing what happens when you eat right :smile:
This discussion has been closed.