Where did I lose the motivation!?

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Now i have what i call my stoplight theory. I have a green light weight, yellow light and red light. I know that when i hit my yellow light weight i need to evaluate what i am doing and make some small changes. I try never to hit my red light weight.

Leann, that's a keeper. One of these days I will be on maintenance. I'm nervous what that will look like. I don't want to throw away a year's worth of hard work.

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    shunggie wrote: »
    I was 25 pounds away from my goal weight. Someone more insightful than myself might say I got scarred.

Yup. That can be a factor. I've noticed that, despite how badly I want to get to my goal weight/body fat percentage, there is some apprehension that kicks in when I hit new lows. And I have a tendency of maintaining or bouncing back up at those moments. I'm tired of the journey, but I've known it so long that there is some real fear there.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You don't need motivation, you need consistency. Motivation will give you warm fuzzies, consistency will give you results. You're not going to feel like it a lot of the time, just grind through.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Let it go. - Elsa

Some say fate is beyond our command, but I know better. Our destiny is within us. You just have to be brave enough to see it. - Merida
This discussion has been closed.