Graham Crackers Were Invented To Curb Your Sexual Desires.

124»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that cereal was invented for the same reason. Mr. Kellog invented Corn Flakes to reduce lust. Now where did I read that...
    I've read that too, not sure where though. It was for a whole slew of maladies.

They made a movie about that... Matthew Broderick, Anthony Hopkins, John Cusack... movie is called "The road to Wellville" ... it's actually pretty funny.

As for Graham crackers... it's all I will use for pie crust. I'm making Pumpkin Cheesecake for Thanksgiving... I can't imagine it with any other kind of pie crust.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I read somewhere that cereal was invented for the same reason. Mr. Kellog invented Corn Flakes to reduce lust. Now where did I read that...

They made a movie about that... Matthew Broderick, Anthony Hopkins, John Cusack... movie is called "The road to Wellville" ... it's actually pretty funny.

As for Graham crackers... it's all I will use for pie crust. I'm making Pumpkin Cheesecake for Thanksgiving... I can't imagine it with any other kind of pie crust.

this cast sounds like a movie I'd enjoy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Oh my no! I actually found the FULL MOVIE online for free on my first click. that like NEVER happens. It's a Christmas MIRACLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-vv7V8URe8
  • Ninkyou
    edited November 2014

this cast sounds like a movie I'd enjoy.

I know, right? I love me some John Cusack. Ah, I also forgot Dana Carvey.

Definitely check it out. I feel like it was just one of those movies that skipped over, but still has some great stuff to it.

Man, now I'm gonna have to find it on DVD or Netflix or something and watch it.
    Oh my no! I actually found the FULL MOVIE online for free on my first click. that like NEVER happens. It's a Christmas MIRACLE!

Holy Graham cracker, yo! I'm so watching it. RIGHT NOW. lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    edited November 2014
    ...^me too. now if only i actually had graham crackers...maybe i will just pick the dry marshmallows out of the hot cocoa envelope and pretend.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    matthew broderick has a beard and john cusack is eating oysters.

this movie is already paying off. ;)
  • Ninkyou

Heh, it gets better.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    yeah that's a good cast.
  • MyChocolateDiet

Heh, it gets better.
    Whoa. Sersly. Diaper broderick> beard broderick
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I don't like nutella- dark chocolate only.

aw. you're like the only person I've seen admit to not liking crack in a jar.

it comes around occasionaly as a topic- my friend sent me a jar from Germany- it was just to... ahem (dirty jokes to follow) nutty for my taste- which is weird- b/c I'll drink hazlenut coffee- I like peanuts- snickers- almonds- almond snickers walnuts etc etc- but something about nuttella that's just.. meh- it so doesn't do it for me. I'd rather eat brownie batter.
    nomnomnomnom
  • Ninkyou

Heh, it gets better.

Hehehehehe.

Hope you enjoyed the movie. :)
  • MyChocolateDiet

Heh, it gets better.

Hehehehehe.

I did. Particularly the period clothing. Also, the holiday time setting. It almost looked like a Christmas movie. I think if I find myself super annoyed/bored etc. at any holiday event this year from Thanksgiving to New Years, I'll tell people I'm putting on a forgotten 90's rendition of "A Christmas Carol" and put this movie on instead. And then like bundle up and go for a walk outdoors. >:)
  • Ninkyou

Heh, it gets better.

Hehehehehe.

I did. Particularly the period clothing. Also, the holiday time setting. It almost looked like a Christmas movie. I think if I find myself super annoyed/bored etc. at any holiday event this year from Thanksgiving to New Years, I'll tell people I'm putting on a forgotten 90's rendition of "A Christmas Carol" and put this movie on instead. And then like bundle up and go for a walk outdoors. >:)

ROFL, awesome.