Thanksgiving- Are you counting calories or macros?

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    what happens on thanksgiving stays on thanksgiving.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    I've eaten like a beast everything Thanksgiving before this and it hasn't worked out well for me, I'll be counting. We had an office Thanksgiving party at work and I ate very light plus no desserts, I felt great! I weighed myself the next day and actually lost a pound! :)
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Maybe, but just out of curiosity. Won't be weighing and measuring -- just eyeballing and guestimating. I plan on eating whatever I want but, I suspect, I'm not going to want to eat much of the unhealthy stuff (except dessert, a traditional English trifle, which I'm bringing).
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    NOPE! Not at all!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    I'm going to log and I'm also going to eat whatever sounds good.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    272.gif

I'll be eating my body weight in deep fried turkey, baked macaroni and cheese, sweet potato souffle, deviled eggs, and mashed potatoes. Then I'll be topping that off with a sizable serving each of cheesecake, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. Finally, I'll be sitting on the couch with my pants unbuttoned for the remainder of the evening.
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm hitting the gym in the morning for a Spin /RPM class and then I plan to eat for the remainder of the day. Once I get home from my brother-in-law's home, I'll drink a few beers and fall asleep on the couch.

And I'm going to be just fine on Friday morning, starting a new day as any other.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Yes. I'm going to try to keep the damage to a minimum.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I kind of feel like it's sorta pointless. Even if you weighed all the food, getting the correct calorie count of every single homemade dish would be agony. Searching for any Thanksgiving food in the data bank will give you 400 choices with totally different calories and macros for the exact same food. Pointless. Either gorge and enjoy, or eat and moderation and enjoy.....but trying to accurately count would take all damn day. LOL.
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Yup just because I wanna see the final number :) I am hoping for over 6000 :)

light weight.

i'll be a failure if i don't top 8k
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm not logging on Thanksgiving and I won't go over because I never do. The company is always more interesting than the food.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'll log, but I'm not going to be neurotic about it.

Scooby had some pointers about drinking a couple cups of water before hand, plan on having two plates: the first mostly veggies and lean meats with a small sample of other dishes. The second, wait a little bit after the first, talk with family and what not so you don't pile it high when you do go back. :wink:
  • tianamortiz
    tianamortiz Posts: 3 Member
    Calories, I want to know exactly how much damage I may ( or may not) be doing.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    I don't over stuff myself even on holidays, but my body will be paying the price the day after thanksgiving.. I am going to murder some stuffing. (Usually gluten free for health reasons).
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    edited November 2014
    Nope. I'm going to destroy everything in sight and not feel one lick of guilt about it.
    Although I am curious as to what the counts would be...but with everyone cooking this and that and not knowing what or how much of what they put into everything that seems pretty close to impossible...and sounds like a pain in the *kitten*. Lol.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    I'm going to log, but I'm sure chocolate pie will set me I've calorie goal... I am breaking my gluten free streak for some stuffing.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    And not 1 single Macro was tracked....

Good foods? bad foods? haha, this is too funny.

Anywho; yes I will track, even if i dont enter it in I will still track. You mean to suggest that after days/months of tracking that one does not have a general idea? One always does, like a glass thats been shattered, ignorance cannot totally be replaced w/knowledge at this point. Happy Festivus!!

From the great wise Words of Kane a.k.a Timbahwolffff

"Practice discipline.
    or practice being disappointed. Your choice"

I will still wake up on Friday shredded after this Festivus splurge or non-splurge. Is chipotle open on thanksgiving?? LOL
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    I can't count that high! I am definitely putting in my 10000 Calories. :)
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    NOT COUNTING ANYTHING! Just going to enjoy myself & not go overboard. :)