was this considered a binge?

2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Hi, I've never posted on the forums but have been using MFP for a while. I'm 23, female, weigh 130, and am 5'4". I'm recovering from an eating disorder and have recently gained a few pounds because I have been eating more. Today I ate 2 Luna bars, 2 veggie burgers, a lean cuisine salad, a Luna protein bar, and 250 calories of edamame with sea salt- a total of 1300 calories. Any way to minimize gain from this? I only did about 30 min of exercise today.

Do YOU consider it a binge? did you eat because you were hungry? Did you eat for some other reason?

I wouldn't really sweat it too bad. Today is done. Don't do it again tomorrow. Easy-peasy. The way to "minimize gain" from this is just to add an extra 5 minutes to your workouts for the rest of the week, and stick to your calorie goals.

Ignorant response is ignorant response. Did you even read the original post ?

OMG, wow! That WAS a clueless response! :huh:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    No that sounds like breakfast to me.

You need to seek professional help.

:flowerforyou:
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    No
    It wouldn't be a binge if you ate it all in one meal either. If you could do that everyday I wouldn't call it a binge. Just a way of life. Barring indigestion/gerd,etc., It wouldn't make much of a difference. You'd probably have some malabsorption but there could be worse things...like eating 800 calories.

If you've been shooting for 800 a day, for a long while (weeks, months) you probably have some metabolic slowdown and or damage. The good news is it's reversible with consistency.

You've gained weight because you needed to!

Please try to keep you calories at 1300 for as long as you can. Try to relax and know that your weight gain was healthy. Of course if you don't have professional help, look into getting some please.

Got any more questions then friend me.
  • The other day I ate that calorie count in brownies, now that was a beautiful binge. It was a stressful weekend.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Hi, I've never posted on the forums but have been using MFP for a while. I'm 23, female, weigh 130, and am 5'4". I'm recovering from an eating disorder and have recently gained a few pounds because I have been eating more. Today I ate 2 Luna bars, 2 veggie burgers, a lean cuisine salad, a Luna protein bar, and 250 calories of edamame with sea salt- a total of 1300 calories. Any way to minimize gain from this? I only did about 30 min of exercise today.

Do YOU consider it a binge? did you eat because you were hungry? Did you eat for some other reason?

I wouldn't really sweat it too bad. Today is done. Don't do it again tomorrow. Easy-peasy. The way to "minimize gain" from this is just to add an extra 5 minutes to your workouts for the rest of the week, and stick to your calorie goals.

Ignorant response is ignorant response. Did you even read the original post ?

I did, but I missed the part about the eating disorder. I figured it was another "1200 calorie" person freaking out because they were over their goal. The main thrust of my comment was "don't freak out about it," which is sound advice.

Mea Culpa. OP, I'm sorry I missed the part about your recovery. Good luck in getting things sorted out.