Smelly guy at the gym

124»

Replies

• shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    I would just mention it to staff. Might take longer but it isn't as direct. It depends which route you want to go.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Do the American thing, sue him for spoiling your gym time.

Better yet, get him served when he arrives at the gym so you do not have to put up with it.

Or maybe be polite and mention to him that he has really bad BO and suggest nicely that he needs to change his gym kit on a regular basis and maybe shower before he works out ?

Nah, that is so NOT the American way, sue him into oblivion.....
    I'm not American so this wouldn't apply to me :laugh:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Talk to staff at the gym..Thats what they are there for...Worst thing i have seen was a lady in front of me doing lat pulldowns with hairy armpits..freaking longer than mine...I just busted out laughing after yelling WTF

:laugh:
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    If you talk to him, be ready for him to be allergic to antiperspirant, ideologically opposed to antiperspirant, or convinced that it's going to give him either Alzheimer's, cancer, or both.

Aluminum-based compounds are used as the active ingredient in antiperspirants. These compounds form a temporary plug within the sweat duct that stops the flow of sweat to the skin's surface. Some research suggests that aluminum-based compounds, which are applied frequently and left on the skin near the breast, may be absorbed by the skin and cause estrogen-like (hormonal) effects . Because estrogen has the ability to promote the growth of breast cancer cells, some scientists have suggested that the aluminum-based compounds in antiperspirants may contribute to the development of breast cancer
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    I think some people smell whether or not they shower or use deodorant because of internal issues, maybe just kindly gift him a bottle of chlorophyll and tell him u sell the stuff but the first bottle is free.

Or u could dab some tea tree oil under your nose and hope that helps mask the smell
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    "Jesus, dude, you stink, PLEASE take a shower!"
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Hang Little Tree Air Fresheners on his ears.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Perhaps ask him nicely if he also smells an overly strong odor and if he knew where it was coming from? Play it off be like "It isn't me is it??" :) Thats what I do.

I love this!

Stinky people are hard to deal with especially when you are pregnant. I had someone today and she smelled of unwashed stale body, wind song perfume, and pee. I work in healthcare and can often bury my nose in my hair (mmmmm my hair smells good) when the smell gets bad, but couldn't this time ended up nauseas and with a headache.

Take your hair and wrap it around you face like a mask, LOL.