Butt depressions, will exercise cure this or do you need plastic surgery to correct it?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stop thinking and get your focus back on the basics. Good calorie intake, good exercise, good intensity, lots of patience.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Sthere wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Not to be completely nosy- Do you have some sort of spinal or muscular condition? You look very unbalanced honestly.

Not that I know of, but I was starting to think that. I am very left side dominant. Now I'm getting paranoid there is something wrong with me.

Getting a functionality and mobility check out from a physical therapist is not commonly a bad idea.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Not to be completely nosy- Do you have some sort of spinal or muscular condition? You look very unbalanced honestly.

Not that I know of, but I was starting to think that. I am very left side dominant. Now I'm getting paranoid there is something wrong with me.

doubtful- just more mindful of your training to make sure you're building up both sides equally.

I second Jackson's thought- don't over think it- get your diet right- get the training locked in. You look fine- we're looking hard at you because you asked us too essentially- but no one would bat an eye if you were walking down the street- you look fine- no one is perfectly symmetrical (for the record- my spine does the same thing- and My left trap is bigger than my right trap- I know why- and I'm working on evening it back out)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I favor my right side which is funny since I'm left handed and all of my injuries are on my right side.
    It's something to be aware of when you lift. I notice that my strength isn't balanced between the sides so I focus on making sure that I'm pulling/pushing evenly.

• lishie_rebooted
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Getting a functionality and mobility check out from a physical therapist is not commonly a bad idea.

I concur with this.
    It's been an eye-opener for me.
  • dbmata
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

I concur with this.
    Same, and the best part was leaving the meeting with a laundry list of things to do to correct what was found.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

I concur with this.
    Same, and the best part was leaving the meeting with a laundry list of things to do to correct what was found.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

Leaving with that list is great but sucks at the same time. Since it's like "oh, I'm broken, this list will help fix me, it's a little daunting, but I'll be fixed so it'll be great"

OP, I do suggest to look into a PT and fixing the unbalanced thing if it bothers you.
  • dbmata
    Options
    There are many broken things which cannot be fixed. Having a broken thing which can be fixed is good, no?
  • sillajayne
    sillajayne Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I know this is an old post, but I'm curious if you noticed any change. I'm saddened by some of the feedback you got. "You look unbalanced" is just rude and not helpful with the issue you're asking about.
  • ninnieshka
    ninnieshka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I realize this post is super old, I found it doing a search on Google. I was wondering if you were able to fix the problem with exercises? Thanks :smile: