30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

12345679»

Replies

• sxcbut
    sxcbut Posts: 3 Member
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?

• sxcbut
    sxcbut Posts: 3 Member
    I just started phentermine to drop 30-40 pounds
    It's working great
    Lost 6 in the past 3 days
    Appetite is barely there
  • Is that healthy, @sxcbut? I mean, that's great, but it really isn't sustainable as you are not developing healthy habits, not to mention the nutritional deficiencies your body will experience.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Hi. I am "new" here as I signed up for mfp a few years ago and never posted for more than a day.
    Anyways I have 25-30lbs I need to lose. After my youngest daughter was born almost five years ago I lost all the baby weight and I was 125. Then year by year Ive added 10-12 lbs and now I am up to 156. I barely recognize myself when I look in the mirror.
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Zorks. I have to agree with you on the phentermine. I tried it about 6 years ago. it is not sustainable. It also raised my blood pressure.
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Me too! I got about 35-40 lbs to lose and not find it again...but i am so out of shape! I feel like I'm dying and can't catch my breath so i just give up. I hate exercise but i gotta lose this weight and be happy again.
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?

YES! I am sick and tired to. I am also 46 and only have 30lbs it seems like it would be easy to do it's only 30 but it has been the hardest 30 to get off. lol I am with you on this. I am currently doing T25 focus and eating better just started past Monday. will friend you

Thanks Ray
  • Betsyx72
    Betsyx72 Posts: 19 Member
    I am 43 and started with MFP at the end of November with (at least) 30 lbs to lose. So far I have lost 17 1/2 pounds and counting! Would love to be on the journey with people who have similar goals and are committed to logging everyday day and sharing their diary, so please friend me if this is what you are doing or plan to do this and want to be friends:)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Me too! I got about 35-40 lbs to lose and not find it again...but i am so out of shape! I feel like I'm dying and can't catch my breath so i just give up. I hate exercise but i gotta lose this weight and be happy again.

Exercise is the worst when you're just starting out and everything is hard. If you can soldier through a few weeks of it though, you'll start to feel a lot better - promise :)

• alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    I am 46 with more than 100LBS to lose. I have been heavy my whole entire life. Never really cared about it until my niece came into the world.

I have to get healthy to keep up with her as she grows.
  • filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, I'm 44 and have 25-30 more lbs to lose. Loving MFP and the support have had on here so far. Please feel free to add me :)
  • funnygirlt
    funnygirlt Posts: 23 Member
    I am with you...I have been tracking for weeks and lost a big five lbs. it used to be so much early...just found out that I am officially in menopause...actually, I found out last year at 47.. Now stop 48, with fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis, I so miss the girl who could so easily could just go God a walk, be healthy and lose weight. Love to have everyone in this group for support :)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Betsyx72 wrote: »
    I am 43 and started with MFP at the end of November with (at least) 30 lbs to lose. So far I have lost 17 1/2 pounds and counting! Would love to be on the journey with people who have similar goals and are committed to logging everyday day and sharing their diary, so please friend me if this is what you are doing or plan to do this and want to be friends:)

Great job so far
  • Sophiasmomma

Best thing I ever did was buy leslie sansones walk off the pounds dvds . Slow going and you actually walk miles in your living room. A huge game changer in my journey to help myself
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    I walk on the treadmill every day Sophiasmomma but it gets so boring. I even switch the routines on it but i just do it anyway cuz something is better than nothing i guess.