Gym Attire for Women

Options

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think women my notice but don't care. I personally wear compression capris. If someone sees my panty lines, whatever. Enjoy the view because while you waste time staring I am still working out. I don't dress to impress at the gym. I dress for comfort....HOWEVER, there are some girls I see in the locker rooms touching up their makeup before going on the eliptical and treadmill....WHY?! When I am at the gym I work up a sweat, like to the point I have my makeup running (I go right after work) so why bother dolling up? Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

Because when you feel good about yourself, you work harder. I wear makeup in my home gym. So I'm certainly not trying to impress anybody.

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I'm all about women learning BJ(J)s
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I think women my notice but don't care. I personally wear compression capris. If someone sees my panty lines, whatever. Enjoy the view because while you waste time staring I am still working out. I don't dress to impress at the gym. I dress for comfort....HOWEVER, there are some girls I see in the locker rooms touching up their makeup before going on the eliptical and treadmill....WHY?! When I am at the gym I work up a sweat, like to the point I have my makeup running (I go right after work) so why bother dolling up? Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

I would not be wasting time. I get to stare for another 30 seconds til my timer goes off for my next set.

I said I would take a poll this year of see through leggings to see if women know it is happening. Yesterday there was no ladies with leggings doing squats or deadlifts. There were no ladies doing leg exercises period.

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I tend to dress modestly at the gym. It does make it a little hard to find things that I can wear and feel comfortable in. I've found on store that on occasion I do find things. (Though I am still looking for a tank top that is not low cut or skimpy straps that I can wear in the summer when running.) I am probably one of the most covered people at the gym. I can tell you I was Sunday morning! Oh wait I was the ONLY one in the women's part of the gym! It was snowing. I didn't care. I wanted to go the gym and run (via treadmill) and needed to do it before church (which ended up being cancelled because of the weather) I got my workout in and it felt great. (I got another workout in walking to and from the gym and walking through the snow!)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    It's happened to me at the pool before. I caught a glimpse of myself in the change room mirror and realized the butt of my swimsuit was see-through. I was horrified. I really wish someone had discreetly told me about it. I think generally most women don't intentionally show their goodies and might appreciate it if someone let them know.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    its the crappy manufacturing. most women don't know it is see through, or they know but dont worry about it. i personally have had a hard time actually finding ones that arent see through. i have a few that are, but thats just the way it goes. As for the short shorts, i am sure there are some women who do it intentionally however for the most part it is for comfort.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    It is a funny contrast. Most guys at the gym are in shorts and a t-shirt. Most women are in skin tight outfits, the shortest possible shorts, no shirt with just a sports bras if they're slim enough. I think it's just a product of the programming our society has done. In any case you're not going to get a real answer out of anyone. You'll get the stock "I dress this way because it's comfortable."

the athletic tights are becoming vogue for men- I see several of them wearing them at my gym. I think they realize it actually IS comfortable.

shrug- I do think it's quiet possible to be conditioned- what's acceptable and what you find comfortable.

As a woman- most of our clothing IS fitted- so we find it comfortable- we live in it essentially. Men's cloth's- even when properly tailored is not form fitting.

this is why we can sleep in it the night before, fall out of bed and crawl to the gym without needing fine motor skills.

I think my heavy duty sports bra would leave bruises on me if I slept in it hahahaha.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    You know I guess I am kind of surprised at my gym that the ladies do not wear the short shorts with the words on the butt. Then again I have not really seeing women wear that since high school.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    You know I guess I am kind of surprised at my gym that the ladies do not wear the short shorts with the words on the butt. Then again I have not really seeing women wear that since high school.

I genuinely want a pair of them. And I want them to say "DANCE! too much booty in da pants"

It's the small things in life.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

I genuinely want a pair of them. And I want them to say "DANCE! too much booty in da pants"

awesome song.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    angf0679 wrote: »
    I tend to dress modestly at the gym. It does make it a little hard to find things that I can wear and feel comfortable in. I've found on store that on occasion I do find things. (Though I am still looking for a tank top that is not low cut or skimpy straps that I can wear in the summer when running.) I am probably one of the most covered people at the gym. I can tell you I was Sunday morning! Oh wait I was the ONLY one in the women's part of the gym! It was snowing. I didn't care. I wanted to go the gym and run (via treadmill) and needed to do it before church (which ended up being cancelled because of the weather) I got my workout in and it felt great. (I got another workout in walking to and from the gym and walking through the snow!)

I have 2 tank tops from g2oh.com. The straps aren't super skimpy so try checking those out. They are about $25 a piece but some are pretty funny. Like today since I will be doing squats and lots of them....this is my shirt.
    http://www.g2oh.com/women/tanks/squat-you-must-women-s-burnout-tank-top#494=121&76=127&493=4

I'm a nerd and totally okay with it!
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll wear my wetsuit next time to satisfy the OP's hangups on what I would normally wear. xwjphtdpoa45.jpg
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    angf0679 wrote: »

I just got this one (in purple) at an Asics outlet store. I wore it running this morning. No cleavage and its light weight. I highly recommend.

amazon.com/Asics-Womens-Favorite-Small-White/dp/B0099FMU1E/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1420740103&sr=1-4&keywords=asics+tank
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I find this totally unacceptable!
    Anastacia-Sokolova.gif

Everyone knows orange and red clash
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

To control their hair? My hair is curly and too short for a ponytail. I don't shower before going to the gym so I roll out of bed with very interesting hair that I try to tame a bit before heading out. On a good day I can kind of press it down so it's not so big. On most days I have to put on a headband. On a really bad day, if I had one on hand, I'd probably wear a ball cap if I didn't look like such a dufus in them.

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love the chicks at the gym in a tiny sports bra, and a pair of men's boxers rolled down at the waist band. The never seem to actually exercise either, just flit around.

I used to go to the y in downtown Nashvile. There are at least eight strip clubs nearby. The girls from the clubs always had... Interesting attire.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

awesome song.

Truth.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

And I touch my make up up- I don't put like more on- but I mean- I fix my eye liner and make sure my lipstick doesn't look busted.

I mean I'm wearing make up- might as well make sure it's SAT before I go in public again.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

And I touch my make up up- I don't put like more on- but I mean- I fix my eye liner and make sure my lipstick doesn't look busted.

I mean I'm wearing make up- might as well make sure it's SAT before I go in public again.

I wear makeup as well. I generally workout after I get off work. I had someone comment on it before (he basically said I wasn't working out hard enough b/c my makeup still looked nice when I got done), and I had to let him know that it wasn't my fault that my mascara and lipstick last all day. Don't be made at me b/c I invest in quality products!