55-65 year old women's success?

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Thanks @Trina2040, it was expected but still a shock in some ways. We took care of her here at our home with the help of Hospice. Honestly, I'm just glad I made different decisions and worked for health before it was too late!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I really value reading about successful maintenance. I have been so close to goal weight previously and have let the weight creep slowly back up. Building maintenance strategies now and comforted to see many my age succeeding at it. Good work folks!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    Thanks @Trina2040, it was expected but still a shock in some ways. We took care of her here at our home with the help of Hospice. Honestly, I'm just glad I made different decisions and worked for health before it was too late!

I totally understand. I have my 98 year old mother living with us. She was in hospice for about a year and half before they recently booted her out because her physical health improved (though her dementia continues to worsen). The passing of a loved one is a traumatic event no matter how much it's expected. It's wonderful that you've changed your life for the better and a wonderful way to honor your sister.
  • bonniebug50
    bonniebug50 Posts: 12 Member
    Wow...the changes are so obvious! Great job, I’m sure you learned some valuable lessons from her!
    You’re doing wonderful...keep moving forward!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    @ZDandy congrats on your progress! You're looking awesome.
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks for that pick me up!
  • luluinca
    As a SR member of this group at 68 I'm sharing a link to a blog I wrote about injuries and how to overcome them, a bit of a surprise for me but "Whatever Works" right?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/luluinca/view/injuries-and-the-gym-or-not-957008
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    As a SR member of this group at 68 I'm sharing a link to a blog I wrote about injuries and how to overcome them, a bit of a surprise for me but "Whatever Works" right?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/luluinca/view/injuries-and-the-gym-or-not-957008

I think you are spot on. Rest is very very important. It’s always difficult to know when something is just nagging or going to get bad and deciding whether to bully up or rest can be hard it as we get older. I tend to err on the rest today and live to fight another day tomorrow. That prevents the major injuries which lay you up for weeks hopefully. Even so I have had some set backs. We just don’t bend as well anymore.
  • luluinca
    Thanks for the response @SummerSkier, I think age and flexibility have something to do with our injuries but I refuse to just give in............LOL I have learned however, how important it is to be a little more careful and to give my body time to recuperate.
  • sandicrouch1
    sandicrouch1 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m 64, just joining mfp, needing to lose 50#. Menopausal now 15 yrs. I’m trying to get inspired and not sure where to start. I’ve started step aerobics and strength training. I’m 5’4” 190# and pretty disgusted with my body. I had a hip replacement 2 yrs ago, and a messed up lower back keeping me inactive, plus my metabolism is SO stinking slow! I used to be very active and muscular and just wonder if I can get there again? I love reading all your successes! I hope I’m one!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    @trina2040 yup and here is my stupid example complete with picture. I woke up last Sat and the back of my thigh was hurting. Something we all experience waking up and going wtf? right? Anyway, I decided the 20+# cat must have stomped on me in my sleep or something and continued on my day - following the rule of it's either going to get better or worse. Went for a nice run. Didn't seem to make it worse or better. Just nagging. Well it kept nagging me so I eventually decided it was a minor hamstring tweak. Never had that before. Wracking my brain I remembered oh yeah - Fri at the barn I was helping to put a hay bag up and felt like it was a lot of work on my leg. It annoys me to no end that simple stuff injures us so much and sometimes we don't even know it at the time. Or we take a fall and have to wonder for a day how badly we are hurt. Sorry about the size of the pic. No idea why it wants to be a GIANT image.

k4m3rm67oazc.jpeg
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I am so glad to hear from you all. I to love mfp- I love the community boards. I enjoy looking and seeing what others are doing. As for activity- my favorite right now is walking to youtube videos- sometimes i will dance or do any old movement. I also have a fitbit- but ZI use it mainly as a way to TRY to get my 10,000 steps in some days I do more other days -not so many- but each day I TRy. I also log my food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!