Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning, Bbbrrrrrrrr, It's Cold!! Our outside thermometer read 19 degrees this morning. All the animal waters are at least 1" thick with ice. I've been carrying buckets of hot water out to melt the ice. The jokes on me !!!!!!! As I was adding some water to a pool that had already
    started melting, a goose decided to jump in and splash around. Wow, their wings are strong and move A LOT of water. I got totally drenched, had to strip down in the laundry room (at the back door) and will be forced to do at least one load of laundry today. Well, getting laundry done today isn't a bad thing, it's about time.

Only got 3 emails answered. Many more sitting here waiting for me. I guess I should be happy with the 3 though, if I could do 3 a day, I'll get caught up by my next update and then start all over again.

John's calling, see you later...or, tomorrow.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi all, We will do our usual shopping today and I am going to get a rotisserie chicken and make mashed potatoes. My grilled cheese sandwiches came out pretty good yesterday. My friend told me the secret is to cook them "low and slow" and she was right. It worked well. We had pizza delivered for dinner. It was very tasty.

Sheryl, your pork loin sounds very good. I agree - you see one circus or parade you've seen them all. I wanted to try to catch a little of the parade yesterday in honor of my friend Grace's mom who loved to watch it but I couldn't stand all the commercials and only watched about 2 minutes of it. They did fly the balloons but they were the lowest I've ever seen them. Barely above the floats. Brrr 19 degrees is way too cold. Yikes! Bummer about getting all wet but good thing you got changed right away before you caught a chill.

Well Dan is rushing me to get going so I'll talk to you all next week.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Getting soaked sounds no fun Sheryl. We weren't quite that cold but went up to 53.
    Just popped in to say hi. Service for my uncle went fine. Thanksgiving was good. 39 were here total but only 37 were in the house at one time. It was rainy so our gravel road was slick but no one went in the ditch. Several projects going that have deadlines so feeling a bit overwhelmed. Worked on Christmas shopping online today and finally had one family almost done and heard from daughter-in-laws mom and she had ordered some of the same things (she spends a whole lot more than I do). So after a few tears, I was able to cancel the one things and will figure out what to do next. I've had the list so should have have procrastinated. This week was the Fesper - a special afternoon at church for those over 70. It was very nice. Had a funeral this morning and another one tomorrow afternoon so our foods committee and the custodian (my grandson) have had a busy week. Doing frozen lasagna tomorrow so not too much work. Will check in again another day.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, busy weekend for me also. I actually slept in Saturday morning until almost 9 (of course I didn't get to bed until almost midnight). I finally don't have to wear the trays anymore and my front tooth got filled. The dentist did a beautiful job. I now have to wear a night guard which will also act as a retainer for my top teeth and an actual retainer for my bottom teeth. A bit annoying but livable. After our usual shopping we sat and watched college football. I never thought I'd ever watch college football nor become a fan but a close friend is a "Buckeyes" fan and since I had extra time last week I sat and watched a game and I'm hooked. I discovered that college football is actually more interesting than professional football because the teams are more evenly matched (at least most of the time) and the games are usually very close and therefore much more exciting. The buckeyes are undefeated this year and just won the big 10 championship.

My friend Grace told me that all she wants for Christmas is loose tea. The only place to buy loose tea around here is at the mall so I had to brave going to the mall this morning. I got there at 10am only to discover that most of the stores don't open until 11 on Sundays. :( I had an hour to kill so I wandered around the mall. Finally went into Sears. The "large women" section was having a big sale. I purchased a pair of pants for $5.99 and 2 shirts for $7.99 each. By that time the tea store was open and i bought Grace 3 different kinds of loose tea. I also bought Jami a Thomas Kincaid calendar for Christmas. I buy her one every year. So my Christmas shopping is done.

Debora, glad you got a chance to stop in. Sounds like Thanksgiving went well and the weather cooperated for the most part.

Sheryl, hope you didn't catch a cold or anything after getting all wet. Did you get a chance to watch any of the fatty liver documentaries? I have not had a chance at all. Oh well.

Ok, going to go and get dinner started. Have a wonderful week ladies!
  • sannferris
    Good Evening. What a week I've had trying to keep up with the Fatty Liver Docu-series...which, in short, I Haven't !!!! Each episode starts at 6 pm my time which is plenty late for me. By that time of evening, I'm exhausted and ready for bed. I can not even think straight let alone having to concentrate on something and take notes. They run each episode 24 hours, but by the time I watch part of it throughout the next day, with many interruptions from John, that episode is taken down and the next one is ready to start. These episodes also seem longer than the previous series I've watched, each one between 3 to 4 hours. I've missed several speakers that I would really like to hear, such as how to utilize essential oils to their ultimate benefit for the liver. I'm hoping that this series is like the past series in that they have all episodes available the following weekend after the series is over and I can go back and watch the ones I missed. I almost gave up after the first 2 interviews because the first one was very hostile towards the FDA and traditional medicine. I thought this might turn out to be a political stand and not really noteworthy for me to get good info for myself. Then, the second interview was with a woman who was very difficult to listen to. Every 5th and 6th word she said was "you know", soon, I was yelling at the computer screen, "NO, I Don't Know!!" I get very impatient with that phrase. However, the third interview was very, very good. I got information that I could use and learned just how important our liver is. It seems to be the healing source for every other organ. Just about every ailment and condition can be taken back to the liver and healed from there. Skin problems, the heart, the brain, diabetes, digestion, migraines, autoimmune, joint pain, and many more. Of course, the main fix is diet along with vitamins and supplements and herbs. They stress going gluten-free, dairy-free and also no corn because that crop is always affected by GMOs. Well, I know myself and I don't have the discipline to go that strict with my diet. So, I'll take what info fits into my life and go from there. I'll try to share more details after I see more interviews and make some sense of my notes.

Our weather warmed up again, we only had that one morning that I had to melt ice. A couple mornings with frost, but nothing totally iced over. The rain is back, so we have mud again. Not quite sure which I prefer, the ice or the mud. Neither, and either way, I'm still complaining, sorry about that. I truly am grateful for so much, I don't want to complain about anything, especially the weather which I have no control over.

Back to diet...I wasn't so good at Halloween, I bought some candy this year. I think we've gone candy free for Halloween ever since I started NutriMirror. BUT, I caved this time. And, I gave in regarding my egg nog too. I love that stuff. I bought a quart earlier in the week and it's gone, I drank every drop, did not share with John. The only thing I can be proud of is that I limited myself to the quart size. In the past, I bought half-gallons. I have zero will-power.

I'm ready for bed again, seems early, but I'm tired.
  • sannferris
    Good Afternoon, Boy, do I feel like an old woman. John and I worked outside less than 2 hours this morning, came in when it started raining, had lunch and then promptly sat in our comfy chairs and both fell asleep. Only babies and old people take naps, right?
    Oh, it's OK for us to dose off ?
    Thanks for the reassurance, now I don't feel so bad.

I was going to try to listen to another episode of Fatty Liver, but I'm too tired to concentrate. Yesterday, I came across what sounded like very interesting info, but just can't take good notes, so I purchased the package and will get the videos, plus a written transcript and quick guides. That way, I'll have the proper spelling of the big words they are using. ha ha ha

Several speakers are putting a lot of emphasis on the main culprit of liver dis-function is due to stress and anger as much as diet. Interesting. I try not to stress, but at the same time, know that caring for John now is taking it's toll. I also honestly feel that the cancer manifested itself due to the stress I was going through dealing with the County and the developer/lawyers for the property behind us.
    All the series that I have been following are Spiritual based, so it's comforting to know that they tell you to rely on God to ease the stress. Meditate, have devotionals and pray and let God handle it. I am doing my best.

Has anyone made purchases on Cyber Monday? I needed several items and decided to check prices the weekend before and then on Cyber Monday. For the items that I wanted, there was no price difference. What exactly is on sale?

Isabella, you brought back great memories for me regarding the Buckeyes. When I was in high school, the pastor that we had was originally from Ohio and the Buckeyes played against USC in the Rose Bowl several times. From that point on, I have been aware of how good the Buckeyes are. It seems they are always at the top of all the teams. It was a fun competition at our church.

Well, I'll listen to a little more Fatty Liver before I fall asleep again.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Hello everyone, long time no see here. I have been away and neglecting myself in a bad way. I have had a hard time with keeping up with a good sound diet because of the health problems I have encountered but things are starting to look up so I am heading back into doing the right thing for myself. I still have lots of problems but I can at least stand a little longer now than before so I can cut vegetables again. I haven't been able to get into the groove of sleeping in the night instead of the daytime so that doesn't help matters either.

I hope you are all doing well and I am sorry but I have been gone for so long I am just going to jump right back in from here to start.

Have a great day everyone. I hope the sun shines for all of you.
  • sannferris
    Good Evening. Hi, Anew, so good to see you. I am so sorry to hear that you're still facing lots of issues, but praying that things will continue to get better. I know in my case, prayer is working miracles.

Just popping in tonight because mornings seem to be impossible these days. Trying to catch up on these webinars, which I think these people must be reading my medical records. I got another email and they are going to have a docu-series in January on the vagus nerve. That's the nerve that has caused paralysis throughout my body. I'm interested to know what they have to say and find out how important this nerve is to all function. And, hoping and praying, maybe they will say something that's a trigger to reverse the paralysis.

It's that time of year again, we got a load of hay today. Fall, Winter and into Spring, I feed the llamas some hay every day. We go through a ton (30 bales) every 2 months. Spring and Summer, I cut back on the hay and make them graze more, but now, the pasture is so muddy, it's hard to get to what grass is out there.
    Anyway, the truck gave me fits again today and I really stressed out that we would not be able to get the load and get back home before it rained on us. We ended up only getting caught in a very short sprinkling, so that's great, but I hate the feeling of not getting the truck to run properly. I think it's time for me to look for a new truck, since John can no longer work on the vehicles we have. This also has really spurred me to get the inventory list completed and start selling these old trucks and parts. What a daunting task.

• isyvanek
    Hi all, I took Friday off again this week. I had a "to do" list for myself and managed to get them all done except make a DMV appt to get the "real ID" since my driver license is up for renewal in February. I tried to go on line to make an appt and they didn't have one available until March 13th. Sheesh!! I will probably just walk in and deal with whatever time it takes. I'll call Monday to find out exactly what I need to do. I don't even necessarily need a Real ID, I could use my passport if I ever have to travel but I don't really like that idea for some reason. I'll have to think about it a bit more. On my list that did get completed tho are: I got my Christmas cards completed and mailed, gifts wrapped and then package to my friend Grace mailed. Then Dan and I had lunch and went to Trader Joe's.

I'm very happy to report that the free concerts at the library have started up again. Looking forward to going today. I think Dan will be up for it. I plan to make chicken soup today or tomorrow. Looking forward to that as well. Jami is going to dye my hair tomorrow. Always look forward to seeing her. We used to have a tradition many years ago for the holidays we would have oysters and crackers for an appetizer. We stopped doing that because we do not need appetizers before a big holiday meal. I decided to buy some for us to have while we dye my hair tomorrow. We'll see if they are still as tasty as we remember.

Anew, SO good to hear from you!!! Sorry you are still having so many health issues. Will keep you and hubby in my prayers. Happy you are working to get back on track. It is a continuing struggle for all of us.

Sheryl, I have not been able to listen to any of those fatty liver interviews. I listened to one of them for a couple of minutes and it didn't have much. It may have been that one that you thought was political. Anyway, let me know if you get any tidbits to share when you get the series. Amazing that they are going to have one on the vagus nerve. I hope you get some good info on that. Too funny about the Buckeyes playing your school team and bringing back those memories. I love it! Now remember you are supposed to try not to stress so don't make yourself too crazy about the truck parts, etc. Easy does it. And yes, it is OK to nap! ;)

Debora and Norma, hope all is well with you. :)

BTW I noticed that Anew started the 5 letter game again so if anyone wants to go over there and participate, I put a new word there as well. :smiley:

Well, I'm going to close for now. Have a wonderful week all!
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Good morning everyone, it's good to know some folks are still hanging out here in the boards. :smiley:

Sannferris-I hope you can get the truck issue worked out soon. We have been hem hawing on selling our diesel 4x4 for a while now and think we will list it somewhere this week to get it out of our side yard. It runs fantastic and he still drives it now and then but we don't own an RV anymore so we don't need the truck. We bought a new one, not 4x4 and automatic so I can easily get into and drive both of our vehicles.

Isyvanek-Good to hear you get to enjoy those Saturday shows again. I don't miss the long lines at the DMV in California. The longest I have ever had to wait is about 10 minutes around here.

Our big deal is we are finally going to build that garage we have wanted since we bought the house in 2012. It will be 16'Wx30'L and the whole side yard is getting concrete in there as well. We will insulate the garage and have mini split a/c as well. The garage will be windstorm certified to 140 MPH and the doors we are buying at rated at 150 MPH as well. We will use this to move our collector car out of storage but also to use it for woodworking and lawn equipment storage. We are planning a loft over the back 8 feet for wood storage and things like our plywood for the windows of the house when a storm comes. Thank goodness that doesn't happen very often. The concrete crew will break ground on Wednesday to clear the area of all the grass and do all the site prep with the forms and rebar. Electrical conduit will be run underground from the house about 10 feet into the garage area so the power will be underground and the breaker box will be inside the building instead of on the outside. I can't wait to start building our cabinets in the house.

Yay, finally making some progress. :smiley:

Well, I am going to close out now, I'll check back in again soon.

• arobed53
    Merry Christmas. Not even sure how long I haven’t checked the site. I felt like I was behind in everything and on top of that, I killed my computer. One Sunday morning, it was not behaving so they always say to turn it off and then back on. Well, turning it off went fine. But it would not turn on – had a message which I asked a couple of guys about and they said it had to do with the hard drive. Monday afternoon we took it to a computer place and found out it was so bad they could not even get anything off the hard drive. Said the computer was very dirty. So blame that on me. But I’ve never done well with keeping the case clean and this has never happened before. They gave me the repair price and then said they had a refurbished one for just a little more. So we went with a new one. Took it home Monday evening and found out it was not wireless. Made me ready to get the old one fixed but they said they could send me a dongle that would do the trick. (I could have had the telephone company string a cable but that probably would have cost more. :). So we went in and bought the dongle and I had internet but it was dropping all the time. Called them the next day and the guy was puzzled. Said I need to make sure it was in a blue USB port and that changed things around. But now I don't have microsoft office so not sure how I’ll get to my documents in the cloud. But internet wise, it’s working great. It still occasionally drops the internet but seems to do better all the time. (Update - restored one document and was able to use it on the office program on here and save it so so far so good).

We do our family Christmas on the 23td. Today I’m putting up the tree in the basement and nativity upstairs. Plus wrapping presents – doing 1 each hour. :) (5 left to do tomorrow or Monday) Bought rolls already done so did not have to bake them.We have a Christmas Day service. Our family is in charge of the Claassen cousin get-together and then the 27th is a get together on my side. But the busiest part will be over Monday evening. Youth Group will come caroling Sunday evening. Our children’s Christmas program was last Sunday and several of the grandkids had programs. So it’s been a good season.

We had snow/ice last Sunday/Monday but it’s all melted now and got up to 43 today. So no problems with traveling. I’ll go read what you all have written so I can comment and then get this on it’s way. I miss not checking in as much but something had to give for a bit. I won’t even try to catch you up on the weeks past – I’ve had not trouble staying busy (and even added another job for next year – editor of our church newsletter).

Isabella, for braving the mall, you had a successful shopping trip. I prefer college football too but mostly when teams I know are playing. My oldest sisters watches most of the games and tells me who wins and who loses. I don’t take the time to just sit. Fun to have them to watch.

Oh my, Sheryl, I can’t imagine watching 3-4 hours a night and absorbing it. But I’ve learned a lot from what you’ve said. I’m with you, My will power is not very good. If it gets in the house, watch out, it doesn’t last long and I don’t share much either. I don’t think you were complaining about the weather – just stating the facts of how you have to do things. You deal with what you have.
    Yes, feel free to doze off. That’s easy to do when you sit still. I used to do that to Ralph when we would be driving to town. Haven’t done it so much lately but just can’t seem to help it at times.
    No, I don’t do much cyber Monday – didn’t seem to fit my schedule. I did order quite a bit online. I suppose it depends on what you are buying. I’m not looking for big buck items and I think those are the ones often on sale but I’m no expert.

Anew, so wonderful to hear from you. I’ve thought about you off and on and wondered how you were dong. Jumping right in is a good way to do it. Glad you are doing better but sorry to hear you weren’t doing so well.

Sheryl, sorry the truck acted up. That is frustrating. Glad it was only a sprinkling you got caught in. It has been awhile since you worked on that inventory. Will pray you can find time to work on it and it will go smoothly and that John will be okay with what you do.

Isabella, yay on the free concerts again – always fun to hear about them. And you look beautiful now after being with Jamie. How were the oysters?

Anew, happy you are finally getting your garage. A huge project but something you will really use.

Well, Ralph was out dropping hints that’s it’s bedtime since I was out till 11:30 last night babysitting for Alan. In case I’m not on again before Wednesday, Merry Christmas everyone.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, Friday was the holiday breakfast for our installers. They wanted Mexican and American food so we had machaca and tortillas and all the fixins, scrambled eggs, pototoes, pancakes, bacon, and fresh fruit. It was really nice but not cheap. I got to work at 5:15am to get everyone organized and get things set up to begin at 6am. Then I worked until 5:15pm. It was a long day but I wasn't tired. A good time was had by all. Dan and I got up bright and early yesterday morning to do our Trader Joe's and Sprouts shopping at 8am so we could beat the crazy holiday crouds. It was still plenty busy but much better than it would be if we went at our usual time in the afternoon. We bought lots of extra stuff we wouldn't normally buy. We felt we could treat ourselves for the holidays. Trader Joe's had this wonderful orange flavored dark chocolate that is shaped like an orange and comes apart in "orange sections". It is absolutely fantastic! Later I did a bit of "spring cleaning" in my kitchen and really scrubbed the counters down. Then we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather until the sun started going down. Yesterday was the shortest day of the year so after today every day is supposed to get a little bit longer. Yay! Most of our shows are on hiatus so we have been watching lots of movies. I took Monday off and Tuesday and Wednesday are paid holidays so I will have a 5 day weekend for Christmas. Love it! I am hoping to get Dan to go to the movies with me on Monday to see Ford vs Ferrari which I heard was very good but I don't think he will go. He is spending part of his time lately trying to teach himself spanish. In our area it is a good 2nd language to have.

Anew, I am SO excited for you to get your garage built finally! That will be really nice. Sounds like a good plan the way you are going to have everything laid out.

Debora, Glad you got a computer up and running again even though it was a bit of a hassle. Yes, the oysters were as good as we remembered. We had a lot of fun. Sounds like you have a lot of great family time planned with Christmas then the 2 family get togethers. There is nothing better than quality time with family and friends.

Sheryl, hope you and John are doing well and that the truck part task won't be too daunting.

Well, I am going to go outside and enjoy the day while I still can.

Just in case I don't make it back here on Wednesday, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!
  • arobed53
    Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Isabella, your holiday breakfast sounds like a lot of work but a lot of delicious food and is much appreciated. Smart to go to Trader Joe's early. I've never had one of those chocolate oranges but I've heard they are good. Not you've confirmed that. How fun to have 5 days off and several of the days paid for. Did you go to the movies?

We had our usual Sunday. Two of the grands needed white elephant gifts so I walked around and found 5 things so they could choose. The one took a chicken something - could put candy in it. The other took a can crushes and a picture of Clark Gable. I also brought out a 300 piece puzzle which Alan wanted for his family and I put out the egg mcmuffin thing like Marcie had and Lori said she had been going to buy one for her husband so she took it home. I don't think he has tried it yet. But that's 5 more things out of the house.

Monday night all but one were here. We had our pizza and then snacked while opening out gifts. We do it one at a time so we can see what the person go so it takes some time but is fun. I got several gift cards, new fitbit covers and some unique stamps to use on the letters I write to the grandkids. They were only here a little over 3 hours but it was a busy time.

Tuesday was a nice day at home. I worked on the puzzle that was started at Thanksgiving and more on some checks for the missionaries and this and that. Today we went to out Christmas Day service - There was a lot of music with some skits with the Christmas story in it. The junior high girls did a song with sticks which was very moving and as tradition, we ended with the Hallelejah Chorus. Then Lori invited us to come eat with them. She fixed ham, potatoes, corn, orange salad and 3 pies. Very nice. The kids played, Ralph took a nap and Lori and I put together a 300 piece puzzle which was harder than we thought but a cute picture.

Tomorrow a friend and I are going to Walmart at 6 am to check out the deal and I need some things for tomorrow night. We did this last year and it was fun. This year we are also going to eat breakfast out. She still has to be at work at 9 so will be quick but fun.

Hope all of you had a good day. I appreciate your friendship so much.
  • arobed53
    Other than having to get up at 5:15, the the shopping at Walmart was fun - not much candy but don't really Neeeeed it. We ate at a place called Jimmy's Egg. We both got the same meal but her sides were yogurt and fresh fruit and mine were hash browns and cinnamon raisin toast. Now you know why I'm not losing any weight. :) Came home and got stuff ready for the evening, emailed a few more missionaries on their Christmas gifts and then spent 4:30 on at the bigger Claassen gathering. Doing it with Ralph's sister went okay. All but two of our kids were there and I got to hold a 2 day old baby that Derek and Lindsey picked up on the way. They'll have her just a few days probably.

Friday we did our usual shopping but my list was not very long. Got a few more bargains. Then I had the rest of the day at home. One project gets done and another begins. Today I was home most of the day. I finished wrapping a few gifts for tomorrow, made cream puffs, did dishes, ordered pizza for tomorrow, loaded pop for tomorrow and hauled it to the church to put in the fridge. Timing was good cause a couple of the guys cleaning up from their gathering helped carry it in. Went to the office to look something up and grandson who is the custodian came in with a problem. The other night he left a room unlocked and someone went in and used a lot of marker. He should made sure it was locked but no still should have done it. I happen to have a magic eraser in my Sunday School room. It easily removed from everything but the two pillar but it did make it lighter. Taking another eraser along tomorrow cause the one I had wasn't in such good shape after I got done. Grandson gets down on himself pretty easily so I tried to encourage him.

And now you're up-to-date with me. How are all of you doing?
  • isyvanek
    Good morning all, I have to get going to church soon so I'll make this quick. The very little kids at our church did a Christmas pageant on Christmas eve. It was SO cute to watch the little ones. They are so funny! We had a really nice, quiet Christmas. I made fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and broccoli. I really paid attention to detail this time and it came out REALLY good. :) We had rain on Monday so we did not go to the movies. That's OK though. Work was pretty quiet the rest of the week so I was able to get to things that I had to put on the back burner for months. Feels good. I went to the movies with Jami and her mom yesterday - Jami paid for us all. We saw the new version of Little Women. It was very good. Lots of good actresses, scenery and costumes were beautiful. A quality production. Afterward I went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts. We watched an old Elvis Presley movie last night. Viva Las Vegas. Dan didn't think he was going to like it but it was cute. We enjoyed it. I'm going to go to Target today. It should be safe now. Maybe I'll find some discount Christmas cards for next year along with the usual stuff I get there.

Debora, Your holidays and family time were wonderful! Did you all get the rest of the marker off of the pillars? I don't know what makes people do stuff like that! Your poor grandson must have felt absolutely aweful. Great that you were there to encourage him.

Sheryl and Anew, Hope your holidays were good.

Happy New Year all!!

God's blessings to you - Love you!
  • arobed53
    Hi Isabella, it is a joy to watch the little kids do a program. Quiet is not bad. Glad your dish turned out so well. You don't have time to cook a lot but you do a good job at it when you do it. Wonderful to get to do some things that have been on the back burner - especially after several days off. We girls are planning to go see Little Women - glad it hear it's so good. Was your Target trip a success? i got cards at Walmart this year - actually found some with verses.

I left the rest of the marker to Thomas - will go look sometime. Magic erasers are good for so many things. Ralph was teaching the college age class (where it happened) and I didn't say anything to see if he noticed and nothing was said so took that as a good sign. My family gathering went well. Still had pizza left but want to have enough. My sister had brought homemade mac and cheese cause she needs to eat soft foods and it was really good - I'm a big Kraft fan. There was another group using the church after us so we had to leave and it started snowing but I think we would have stayed longer this year. Lots of visiting and the kids mostly enjoyed their gifts. Got everything cleaned up and home and unloaded. Only cold stuff got put away.

I have all of today and maybe tomorrow so have high hopes of things to do here. Hope to get back to some projects that got put off. And especially the decluttering but I think I say that every year.

2020 will soon be here - may it be a year full of joy and blessings for each of you. God may take us through hard times and struggles but He never leaves us along and that is a blessing.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, just popped in to say Happy New Year to all of you! May the Lord bless you all with a happy, healthy, 2020. May He protect you and supply all your needs according to His riches and glory! Amen!
    Love you!
  • arobed53
    Happy New Year. We didn't stay up to see it in. What I enjoyed more is the three days (Dec. 30, 31 and January 1 of 2020 that I had almost all at home. Can't say that great things got done but I did get some small things accomplished. Yes, there are more to do but each one helps. Today is Willing Workers with a lunch before hand. That will be fun too.

So wonderful to know that God is in control.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, had an efficient but very good day today. I waited too long to make a DMV appt to renew my driver license and have it made into a "real ID" so I went to the DMV today without an appt. The online system said there was 0 wait but when we got there we found out that the online system isn't working and there was plenty of wait! Their number calling system was down so at first they were calling out the numbers. Then their system got fixed so they decided to stop calling out numbers and wait until the system got caught up with the numbers so we all sat for about 25 to 30 minutes with no one being called. Once they started up again though things moved pretty quickly so all in all we were there about 1 1/2 hours but it is DONE! Then Dan put the new tags on my car, we went to lunch to Jersey Mike's, went to Trader Joe's, and went to Sprouts. When we got home I put the groceries away. Next I updated my Christmas card list and now I'm getting caught up here. :) Whew!

It was an absolutely stunning day so it was a shame to spend it mostly indoors but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! ;)

My friend Grace sent me a gift card for Christmas to Carribas. We don't have that restaurant here but it is also good at Outback Steak House. Dan does not like Outback since we had such a terrible experience there last couple of times so tomorrow my friend Paula and I are going to go there for lunch.

Debora, we didn't stay up till Midnight either. We watched a movie until about 10:30pm then went to bed. We're both getting over some sort of bug so we didn't want to push it. Besides, you've seen one ball drop, you've seen'em all! It doesn't seem to be as entertaining as it used to.

Well, have a wonderful week all!
  • arobed53
    Finally done with all my have tos today. We went and watched Lucy play volleyball and then ate at Taco Bell and tied a new taco on the cravings menu. We liked the crunchy nacho but the reaper ranch was too spicy. I peeled and cut up 8 lbs. of carrots. Ones that don't fit in the roasting pan will be for munching this week. Also baked rolls which I haven't done for at least 3 weeks and i think they turned out okay. Fixed brownies for dessert.
    We spent quite a bit of time hunting things this week. The day before Willing Workers I hunted for the books I use to measure my strings for bracelets. I knew we were low on small strings. I didn't find it and found out we were out of springs cause one lady had taken some home (and I forgot) so I spent my time cutting them one at a time. That evening, I finally felt int he right place and found my books. Yay, now I can have plenty of strings ready next time. Then today Ralph could not find a certain book and some notes he had ready for Sunday School. I was helping him hunt but we weren't having any luck until almost time to leave for the games. The book was under another book and the spine was turned so we couldn't see it. Then he told me the notes were on the back of a Christmas letter. I stuck that letter back in with the pile of Christmas cards. So all was found.
    I thoroughly enjoyed not having so much going this week. I even got my cards up-to-date on how many miles I've walked each day (helps me know when to change tennis shoes), finished a puzzle that was started at Thanksgivng and some other little things that just always get pushed off. This next week doesn't look real busy either so hoping I get get to more things. I haven't gotten started decluttering again but it will come.

Isabella, amazing to me that your DMV is open on Saturdays. An hour and a half with waiting is not bad at all. It takes about that long just to go through all the process for a license here. Now you have it out of the way, your shopping done and enjoyed a meal out. Enjoy your time at Outback. (A bad experience does make it harder to go back somewhere).