Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hello. Did my usual shopping yesterday but also went to Target to stock up on some things. Got some low sodium V-8. They have the best price on it there. Also got bread, eyedrops and disposable masks. Just puttered around when I got home. We ordered pizza for dinner. It was very good. Then watched some old movies and Tucker Carlson Tonight. He seems to be speaking the most truth right now. Today I worked on Dan's puzzle a bit, read the local paper, listened to my church service on line, and we had a chicken sandwich for lunch. Jami bought a new car yesterday - a top of the line Lexus - and stopped by for a while to show it to us. It is beautiful! She got a really good deal on it and will have it for many years. It was nice to have her stop by. I plan to make meatloaf tonight even tho it is a tad hot to have the oven on. It will be worth it and we have the AC on so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm going to bake some potatoes too.

Debora, sounds like the wedding was very nice. The flower girl sounds like she was too cute! It will be nice to have the whole family there Sunday. I'm sure there will be enough food to go around. Very interesting that you are joining a study for one of the vaccines. Let me know how it goes. So nice that the grands are able to go back to school. Our school district is ready for the students to come back to school but our governor won't allow it yet so the school district pushed the start date to Sept 2nd in hopes that they will be able to open and if not, they will have virtual learning until the governor allows the children to go back.

Have a blessed week.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Sunday dinner was a hit. I did find out when I was making the noodles that the herb packet in one of the boxes was already open and it was dried. But with 6 boxes, no one noticed less seasoning. I did decide to email the company to let them know and they are sending a coupon for a few box (only $1 but…) ODS suggested we cut pieces for the candle blowers to blow over. I put the initials on the cake and the frosting was soft so most slid off but it worked. (the next birthday deal, I’ll do cupcakes). We celebrated 6 birthdays. I did have some leftovers but not a lot. Everyone hung around for awhile too.

Monday I enjoyed a whole day at home and just plugged along on thing. Again, I’m doing tings a little different and it’s lasted a whole week. Tuesday was our appointment. It lasted the whole morning. It was mostly of the time getting paperwork done and then we got a shot – but no one knows if we got the real thing or not. I can’t even see where mine is. We have to answer some questions each night. Will get a phone call once a week for now and then go back in a month for a booster. Wednesday morning was Bible study. I have actually been getting it done ahead of tie esince this one has us looking up lots of scriptures. Thursday I worked with my friend – we got almost caught up on bracelets and in the evening was Willing Workers. Our speaker is a gal who works with CRU on a college campus. She said they still don’t know how things will work this year. But they will just keep doing their best at pointing people to Jesus. Friday morning we went to town. Stopped by one Bible study friend who is having work done on the house so she could show it to us. It is looking really nice. She talks about her house being a mess (and it’s not) at least not according to my house. Then we did our shopping and came home – put the cold stuff away. After we ate, Alan called to see if the kids could come in the evening while they tried to change their phone to a different carrier. Of course, we did. I had to think on supper cause we had only bought 1 pizza. I had some already browned hamburger and some mozzarella so did homemade pizza – have not done that for a long long time but everyone seemed to enjoy it. They plated – one game was pillows in basement were safe areas and floor was hot lava. Then at the end we enjoyed America’s Got Talent. Today I’m at home and just straightening the house and doing food stuf. Think for fun I’ll make breadsticks this week. I haven’t made them for some time either.

This next week is 4-H and a dentist appointment with the periodonist and I need to take Lucy shopping for her book bag (8th grade promotion gift). It won’t take long cause she knows what she wants so I hope they have it. We’ll get ice cream or a meal depending on when we do it. Our good car was getting worked on last week so that’s whey we’re doing it so close to the start of school. I realized I did her brother this late last year so it just shows I’m good at procrastination.

Cool on Jaime’s good deal on the Lexus. Yes it should last yer. Smart to do baked potatoes along with the meatloaf. We had to change the batteries in our thermostat and I finally got it set up for the correct cooling schedule. Was not as hard as I thought it would be.

Cases keep going up. I hope Covid doesn’t cause problems with the start of school. So many would like to have their kids back in school.

Have a good week.
  • isyvanek
    Hello! I am having a very nice day! Temps in the mid 80's. Should stay that way most of the coming week until Friday and Saturday are supposed to be in the low 90's. Went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts today. Saw a gal at Trader Joe's that I used to see at the gym all the time several years ago. We chatted for a while. We are of like mind on all the craziness going on. It was very nice to get caught up. Also encouraged me. Dan and I split a turkey sandwich for lunch. It was really good. Then I made a chicken pasta salad for dinner that we can eat any time we feel like having dinner so that will be nice. I also called an old friend that I haven't spoken to in several months. It was nice to catch up with her as well although it was not good news. Her grand daughter attempted suicide a couple of weeks ago. They can't keep people locked up like this - especially the kids.

Big news for me ;) - I passed the baton for taking care of the plants at work to someone younger and taller (most of them are on top of filing cabinets and hard for me to reach). I have been doing it for 15 years and am DONE! She was happy to take on the task and took several plants home this weekend to re-pot them. They will be much happier under her care! :)

We will probably watch a hallmark movie tonight. Something with some fluff. There isn't much to watch anymore anyway. We've been watching stuff like Lonestar Law. Crazy. We keep asking ourselves why we don't just cancel the cable since they aren't compensating anyone for the lack of programming but we probably won't. At least not yet.

My meatloaf last week was just OK. not as flavorful as usual. But that's OK. Got 3 meals out of it.

Debora, family dinner sounds like it was wonderful and I bet homemade pizza was a big hit. Homemade breadsticks sound great too.

Well, I'll close for now.

Have a great week.
  • isyvanek
    edited August 2020
    Hello. Temps are in the mid 90's this week. No surprise since it is August but the first part of August was unusually pleasant in the mid 80's so it is just a bit hard to take. I took Friday off to use a vacation day. Didn't do much of anything. Piddled around on the computer, read a magazine, got subs at Jersey Mike's for dinner. Our company gave everyone a $25 Visa gift card as employee appreciation so I used that to buy the subs. Still have about $5 left over on it. We watched several news type shows then watched a Hallmark movie and an episode of Pawn Stars. The Hallmark movie was a bit different than their usual formula so it was very enjoyable. I'm making hamburgers for dinner tonight. Then the evening will probably be basically a re-run of last night but maybe a TCM movie instead. I wish they'd put on some better programming like re-runs of West Wing or something like that.

The girl at work who took over the plants and re-potted them did something wrong and they are NOT happy. They are massively in shock and very limp. Several leaves are turning brown. Oh well, they are pathos so they should come back. If not, no harm. So long as I don't have to take care of them. :)

OK, Take care and have a great week!
  • arobed53
    It’s been a busy week. Monday was 4-H so I got ready for it. We had it in-person but also available in zoom. We had 5 families in person (all wearing masks) and 4 via zoom. The one who set it up did a great job of involving them. Tuesday I had the entire day at home – so nice and I got a few things done that have been waiting for quite some time taken care of. Wednesday was Bible study and then at home.

Thursday was pretty much all gone. I worked with my friend at church and sorted Sunday School papers for next quarter. I got home and picked Ralph and we headed for the big town. First we ate at Outback since we had a gift card for our upcoming anniversary. Then we went to my periodontist appointment. It had originally been at 2. Wednesday they changed it to 1 and Thursday morning to 3. We adapted. That took over an hour. Got one tooth treated with antibiotics. They gave me regular toothbrush to use with it and said I could use my electric one on the rest. Well, I’ll just go non-electric for 2 weeks. :) From there we went to Lori’s house and I took Lucy to get her book bag - 8th grade gift. She got the same brand as her brothers got cause she knows it hold up well. Then we went to Braum’s for a snack and a little time to talk. Back to the house and Lori was awake so we could say Happy Birthday. They were headed out and we headed home.

Friday was our usual errands. Then in the afternoon I worked on straightening the house and working toward Sunday. I planned an easy meal since I knew I would be gone quite a bit on Saturday. So this morning I went to a bridal shower. It’s a covid romance. First date was a walk – 6 feet apart. Couple are both from our church. His wife died 4 years ago. They got engaged in 4 weeks and will be married next month. Enjoyed some quich and a cinnamon french puff. They had a quiz for Lenissa to answer on how well she knows Dennis. I learned he cuts his own hair, eats a sleeve of saltine crackers every day and taught cows to pull a coaster wagon as a kid. From the shower I went to town to have lunch at Panera with a friend who is celebrating her birthday today. I was glad she came and tried to encourage her. She is ready and wants to die – she does go for a walk with her neighbor every morning but spends the rest of the day laying on the couch. So I going to pray about things I could do to “help”. She does have depression and stuff and is a Christian. If you’d have any ideas, let me know. I headed home then and was close to Derek’s so stopped in and said “hi”. Then we went to McDonald’s for supper to celebreate our 45th wedding anniversary a bit more. Matthew and Julie joined us. They had eaten but we took eggs for him to take to work and sell. They bought us ice cream for dessert. Yum. I came home and cut up the cantaloupes and will soon head for bed.

Fixing frozen lasagna tomorrow, french bread, corn, cantaloupe and oreos for dessert – one package left from a several months ago.

WE’ve had warm weather here too. Yay on passing off the plants but sad that they have to go through some shock. Change is hard on everyone. So sorry to hear about the friend’s granddaughter. All going on is hard on people. Some of our schools are starting on Monday and in person so we’ll see how it goes. Derek’s kids don’t start till after labor day and mom is already dreading the days they have to work at home. She may just have the kindergartner not do school this year cause 6 hours a day on the computer is not his thing with his IEP. And they are still waiting on the okay to take the one with asthma to a special clinic. They so wanted it to happen during the summer. Katie is homeschooling all 4. And Lori’s are the ones headed to school on Monday. Things will be different. Some will eat in the gym, certain classes use certain doors etc. Son-in=law had his first volleyball tournament today so we’ll hear how it went tomorrow.

Glad you can still find shows to watch. I don’t think there will be new programming this fall but I and always fall back on Andy Griffith, Hazel and shows like that.

Have a good week.
  • arobed53
    Family enjoyed the meal last Sunday – not much leftover. Thomas ate some for supper and we finished the rest up another day. Monday we went to a funeral at church for Ralph’s cousin and did stay for the email. Small group but a number of the cousins came for the visitation and not the service. The visitation is a better time for visiting with the family. I had Tuesday all at home. I think I’m making some progress here but maybe it’s because I’m moving a lot of my cards ahead and not making the day’s work impossible.

Wednesday was Bible study, Thursday I worked with friend. Started on the two year old SS material. Takes more time with a class of 14. Friday we did out errands. Ralph went to town one day to go to the thrift store and look at Bibles at the gift store and we finally ordered one for Thomas for high school graduation (now over a year ago) but now we know what we’ll do with the grandkids. :) We’re having his name put on it so will take longer to get here but hopefully he’ll like it (better than using one with a girls name on it).

Today we went to a CEF training. It was a time to share ways we can do thing if schools aren’t in session they do a thank=you meal which was delicious. Then I came home and made rolls and cupcakes and the other stuff for Sunday. I am teaching SS tomorrow as the one who was to teach found out her daughter has covid (finally got test results back) so they need to stay home just in case. The church has let everyone know (not by name) so people can decide about attending church. Ralph hasn’t seen the email yet. I feel I’d need to at least for for Sunday School but I won’t fight wearing the mask so much.

Tomorrow we celebrate the August birthdays. I did the cupcakes so one doing the candles blowing will just blow on their cupcake and the cake won’t be cut up funny.

We have another funeral this coming Monday and then the week will be pretty much like last week. Hope all is well for you.
  • arobed53
    Hi, Isabella, is all going okay with you. They must be keeping you too busy at work. We had the first covid case in our church - well, actually two. And they aren't sure where they got it from. The two weeks are now past and no one else got it but it had some people on edge. But a close-by church (the one that formed from ones that left our church several years ago) has had a lot of cases. They have not had church for two Sundays now. One gong there is in the hospital. He is non-verbal and some other learning disabilities so his sister is staying with him (he is 69). He's been in a week now but not on a ventilator. Mainly did the usual things this week. Did not make rolls today as doing chicken tacos tomorrow but did make two pans of brownies. One for us and one to take when we help a missionary friend unload their truck. They are home from Kenya finally.
  • isyvanek
    Hello! I guess I missed last week. I didn't even realize it! Not sure what I was so busy with but I guess I was involved in stuff. This week was pretty nice. Relatively peaceful. Except I slept funny and now my hip has been sore all week. I've been trying to nurse it with ibuprofen but I finally decided that I need to give up and make a chiropractor appointment so I am going to call her tomorrow and see when she can fit me in. I have to renew my notary commission this year. Notary Publics in California have to renew our commission every 4 years. We have to take 6 hours continuing education then at the end we take a state test which usually lasts about an hour so it is an all day affair. I am scheduled to take my class and test on Monday Sept 14th so it is only 2 weeks away now. I better start studying! :) Not much else new here. The usual shopping and watching TV. Went for a short drive this morning.

Debora, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like things are going fairly well with you. Did the people in your church actually get sick or did they just test positive? Our church finally started doing church outside in a park but I'm not attending. You have to register and they can only have 100 people. I'll wait it out a bit more.

Well take care and see you next week.
  • arobed53
    Good to hear from you, Isabella, and know that all is well. You don’t miss a week very often. My week had some different things. Sunday afternoon we went and helped our missionary friends get their boxes into the house that they had shipped from Kenya two years ago. They are finally in a location to stay a few months.

Monday we ended up going about an hour away to where one of my sisters lives. They are selling their store. Her kids had gone Sunday and cleaned out a lot and I helped her with one small area. Also, helped the one person emptying out her booth (it was a flea market style business). She put a lot of stuff out front for free. I can’t imagine how much money she didn’t make cause she talked about how much she paid for things but she didn’t want to take it home either. We got there just before lunch (Donna got meals from the Senior Center). We left around 4, picked up our second car that we had driven part way and went to town to fill both cars with gas and use our fuel points and then ate at Braums. I got home, unloaded all I took and then loaded a few things to take to Good will.

Tuesday we had our second appointment for the covid vaccine study. We got our second shot. (Ralph ran a low fever and had a bump on Wednesday so he’s pretty sure he got the real thing). In the afternoon the ones who teach in the two year old class got together and went through stuff in our room and actually rearranged it. We’ll see if we like it. We start a new class tomorrow of 14. We’ll see how many stay. All 4 of us will be there for a few weeks. In the evening I went to Lucy’s volleyball game. She has improved which is good.

Wednesday morning was Bible study and then at home. I spend a lot of time cutting string for wordless book bracelets and necklaces and cut up several t-shirts into strips for jump ropes. Thursday morning I worked with friend. At the last minute I baked a brownie mix as I realized it was the church secretary’s birthday. So sang and ate a brownie and gave her the rest. In the evening was our women’s meeting. 25 were there so it was a nice turnout. Friday morning was our usual jaunt to town. We were home by noon. Since then I put stuff away, straightened the house and today I put the casseroles together, baked rolls, a peach jello and no bake cookies. I decided to quit when I got to 15000 steps. I feel like I’ve done plenty.

All but Dereks will be here tomorrow. I made pizza pasta casseroles which don’t need a long time to bake so hopefully I can time it right with out coming home.

Isabella, is your hip any better/ Have you been to the chiropracter? Not sense in being in pain if you don’t need to. I had not idea there was so much you had to be for being a notary. Good luck on your test. Glad your church has been able to start back up. Our church has few that wear masks and is doing things as usual. Tomorrow morning is juice and donuts before Sunday School.

Yes, the ones I know in our church were really sick. One was tested, her fiancee did not get tested. But they quarantined and no one else has gotten it that I know of. The ones in the other church I’m sure were sick too but don’t know if they got tested. None of them would just go get tested. :)The one that was in the hospital went home after a week to continue recovering. This one for my flyldy’s friend’s daughter came down with it. She doesn’t have her test results yet but her older brother (who she had no contact with) had the same symptoms and his test was positive.

Hope you have a good week.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! Happy Labor Day! It was 107 degrees yesterday and supposed to be about the same today! The entire state of California is having a heat wave which is very unusual since we have so many diverse areas. I went shopping very early to beat the heat then just stayed in all day and night. We tried not to run our AC too high in order to keep the electricity usage down so we had it warmer in the house than usual but still much better than outside. I am going to visit with Jami around 11:00am. We will probably watch a movie. Her area is even hotter than here so we definitely will not be doing any outdoor activities.

One of my favorite co-workers is moving to AZ. This coming week is her last week in our building but she is still going to work remotely in AZ so we aren't losing her completely. She is such a ray of sunshine in the office though so I am sad to see her go. She and her husband decided that CA is just too expensive and now with the crazy governor, etc. they made the decision to move.

Debora, Are you doing anything special for Labor Day? My hip is still in pain and my chiropractor was on vacation this week so I still have not been able to make an appointment. I am going to call again on Tuesday and see when I can go in. Jami gave me a couple of her muscle relaxers but they really put you to sleep so I haven't tried taking one yet. Maybe later today.

Sounds like things are going will with you. Glad that you are staying healthy. The vaccine trials seem to be going well. Nice that you got to see your sister and help out and get a few things to take home. Pizza pasta casseroles sound interesting. I'm guessing they have pasta, sauce, pepperoni and cheese?

Well, have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Wow, Isabella, that is hot and we had a much cooler week - even had the furnace on although it warmed back up to 80 today. We had mornings in the 40s and some days in the 50s. We were glad it warmed more on Friday as a woman in our church turned 100 and they had a drive thru party for her. She and two of her daughters sat on the porch. As you turned into the driveway, one daughter gave a container of trail mix to much on as you slowly moved on. Another had a guest book for us to sign. Next stop was in front of the porch and you could wave or speak into the microphone (and we left a card) and the last stop we got a cupcake. All of her children were there and some of her grandkids (and great grands). Ralph said she is the 3rd person in the 140 years of our church to make it to 100.

Labor Day I went with Lori and her girls to a town about 90 minutes away and met up with a person from KC who had stuff for Lori’s shoeboxes. We looked around the auction but didn’t stay long. We stopped to eat at McDonalds on the way to her house and then worked on her shoebox area. Ralph came in to help and to take me home.

Tuesday morning we had a flylady get together in a park. That was the day things were cooling down (and later in the day rain started) so it was almost too cool but we enjoyed the visiting for the 4 that came. Then Ralph and I went to a Walmart that had Dr. Pepper 10 and past Derek’s house. In the evening we went to the Farm Bureau annual meeting. We wore our masks some – couldn’t while eating. After the meeting, there was a legislative deal but Ralph couldn’t hear so we left. The rest of the week was the usual things.
    Grocery prices are coming down. Last week I got a 5 lb chub of hamburger for $6.99 and this week $8.99. Pork Loin was $1.49. Doing meatloaf tomorrow – used all 5 lbs. You guessed well on the dish from last week. It also had hamburger.

Tomorrow there will just be 12 here as Julie is doing her sleepover with the girls 1st grade and up (except for Ava). So she has six of her nieces there tonight.

Matthew and Julie had an conference call on a little girl who is up for adoption. She will be three in October. They were hoping to visit with the foster mother this weekend and decide if they want to move forward. There is also another family interested so prayers would be welcomed that they would see God leading them if this is their child.

This next Monday is 4-H. Tuesday I’d like to go to Taryn’s tennis match and then I think it’s mostly the regular stuff.

Glad you got to spend some time with Jamie. Inside stuff is good with that heat. Sorry your friend is moving. You’ll still have a good workers but you wont’ get to see her or talk. When you can work remotely, where you live can be so different. We had a girl move back home and set up her brother’s room as her office and is even getting overtime.

All the kids are in school now. Derek’s kids started Wednesday. They had one day in person and two remote. That will change week by week depending on cases. Lori’s are in school all the time and Katie is homeschooling all of theirs. Some schools have been going for almost a month now.

Oh year, we started our new SS class – only had 12 of the 15 and yes, there was crying but they were all quiet for the story and doing their papers. All 4 of us were kept busy and I had one on my lap while I told the story. We’ll see who all is there tomorrow. It’s a roomful but we’ll get into a routine.

Have a good week.
  • isyvanek
    Hi! A bit cooler here this week but air has been hazy all week due to so many fires in surrounding areas. Thank God none are close enough to have to worry about though. They changed my notary seminar to a zoom webinar instead of in person so I had to hurry up and get my desktop at work set up to do the webinar. I completed the 6 hour continuing education and got my certificate. On Monday, I will go in and have my fingerprints and picture taken. Then they will have a short refresher course. State administered test will start at 10am for about an hour then I will go to lunch and should be at work by 1pm. I don't think I will have a problem passing. Once I pass I will have to go to the county recorder, take my oath of office, and file a bond. Then I'll be all set for another 4 years. I don't plan on renewing next time.

Did my usual shopping yesterday. Studied for my state test. Then the usual TV watching. Today is more of the same.

My bible study starts up this Wednesday. We will be meeting outside for now. I finally got an appointment with my chiropractor for Tuesday morning. My hip feels somewhat better but I'm still going to keep the appointment because it still gets sore and stiff.

Debora, Sounds like you had a really good week. Seeing your fly ladies is always enjoyable. I will definitely keep Matthew and Julie in my prayers for the Lord's wisdom and direction. Keep me posted on how it goes.

Take care and have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Just popping in to say it's been a hard week after a good Tuesday (my birthday). Grandson wit asthma went to hospital but did not go as usual. He coded twice, was on ventilator and intubated and His parents are saying their good byes. I'll write more later.
  • isyvanek
    Oh no!! So sorry to hear it Debora! I am praying! Please keep me posted.

It seems silly to write about my day to day after that so I'll just say that other than the usual shopping, We rented the movie Ford vs Ferrari. It was very good. We also got KFC for dinner which we haven't had for around 20 yrs. It was still the same. Would get it again but probably legs & thighs and coleslaw only next time.

Again, praying the Lord has mercy and spares your family this tragedy.

Love you.
  • arobed53
    Well, Isabella, this week was way different than we wanted but God always knows best. Just before midnight last Saturday, Deacon ran from his earthly father’s arms into his heavenly Father’s arms. I had gotten the three younger kids Friday night knowing it was a possibility but still praying for him to stay with us. The kids had a chance to “talk” to Deacon Friday night and again on Saturday night. They didn’t want the kids to be too shocked when Deacon didn’t get to come home. Then Derek had me take the kids home Saturday evening. I put them in bed and then Lindsey’s sister was there so I came on home. I think her parents came to the house and waited for them to come home. We got the text right at midnight.

The rest of us still came here for Sunday dinner and then we went to Derek’s in the evening as did a lot of others – seems like everyone was bringing food. They were using neighbors fridges and freezers. It’s a close knit neighborhood. Monday we went to Taryn’s tennis meet since she wanted to play. She also did school and it went okay. The other kids waited until Tuesday as their teachers were going to tell the classes and have counselors available. Deacon’s teacher said in her 15 years of teaching she had never had to tell news like this. Tuesday we went to another tennis meet. Wednesday was the visitation. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him so still. They had pictures of him going to. We stayed the whole 4 hours. Derek and Lindsey brought the kids in about 4 and had the grandparents go in with them. So hard for them. Madden (5) thought he was scary. But he did go up and see him before the end.

Thursday morning was the burial (although they didn’t lower the casket while we were there) and in the afternoon was the service. It was a beautiful tribute to Deacon. You are my friend on facebook so maybe you’ve gotten to see the pictures. Most of them took place with his neighborhood family or the other grandparents cause I’m not a picture taker and thing were calmer here but he did have an adventurous spirit. After the service we went to Derek’s to eat again (their small group provided a meal) and then I went to a 4-H leaders meeting (we do it once a year). It was a long day.

And for us things go back to seeming more normal much of the time but it won’t be that way for Derek and Lindsey. So we will continue to pray for them. His empty bed, not seeing his smile and antics and so much more will be there day after day for them. Her Sister is still there (she can work from anywhere) so that will be helpful. Think I might encourage Ralph to meet up for lunch with Derek someday.

We had our third appointment in the vaccine study today. Biggest thing was drawing blood. Now we don’t go back till February. In a bit we are leaving for a wedding. So I’ll leave this to finish when I get home. Wedding was nice. Bride is 46 (1st marriage) and groom is 63 (wife died 4 years ago). Outside due to covid but we sat in shade and it was quite breezy. They stood on a trailer so we could all see them – very spread out since sitting at tables. They used his 4 grandkids and her nieces and nephews. Then they served the meal as soon as ceremony was over. BBQ chicken, potatoes, green beans, roll and cupcake. We were home before 7. So now finishing up a bit for tomorrow.

Yes, tell me about your weekend, week and whatever. Life still goes on. I had 4-H questions during the week and when families apologized for asking questions, I said it was good for me to have some normalcy going on. Thanks for letting me drone on about all that went on. I sill miss his ‘Hi, Grandma”, and “you make the best rolls” and can I go see the chickens. But it’s just good-by-for now as Lindsey wrote in the obituary. (She did a beautiful job with it although I’m sure it was hard to write).

Tomorrow is SS (had 14 of the 15 there last Sunday) and I work in the nursery. Then kids here and the start of a new week.

I miss Sheryl. Hope things are going okay for her.
  • isyvanek
    Hi Debora, So very sorry for your loss. The video on FB is beautiful! I can see that he was truly a great kid who brought so much joy. I will keep the whole family in my prayers.

Sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday last week. Glad you posted about your week and how everything went. Sounds like the wedding was nice. I miss Sheryl too. I keep thinking I need to call her.

I had a nice week all in all. Very busy. A girl who does the same job I do quit so they are going to send me her contracts to process at least for the foreseeable future so I see lots of overtime coming my way.
    Did my usual grocery shopping yesterday. Went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts. I also went to a store called Home Goods. They sell home furnishings, kitchen stuff, bedding, etc. I don't know if you have them where you are. I am searching for a new quilt but I don't want to settle. Didn't find anything this time but I'm not in a hurry.
    We rented a DVD from red box again this weekend. Saw the 2017 movie Wonder Woman. It was really well done and very enjoyable.
    Today I am about to watch church on line then do a bit of FB and some of my bible study homework. We started a new study. My bible study teacher usually creates a study but she recently lost her brother and just wasn't up for it so we are doing a book study this time. It is called "He Speaks to Me" by Priscilla Shirer. It is about hearing from God. I'm not used to having to do homework but so far, so good.
    We are going to have hot weather again in the middle of the coming week. Monday thru Thursday is supposed to be around 97 degrees. We also have fire danger warnings due to high winds expected. Praying the Lord spares us any further fires especially in our area.

Stay safe and have a blessed week.
  • isyvanek
    Hello. It is hot here this week. High 90's. Supposed to get down to the mid 80's after Tuesday though. Yay! I was able to work yesterday to try and get caught up. I went into work at 7am till 10. Drove home to get my hair cut. Went back to work till 1pm. I am still a couple days behind but feel a bit better about the work load. After that I went shopping then picked up dinner at a local restaurant called Chicken Charlie's. I got the fried chicken basket for Dan and the chicken tenders basket for me. it was tasty but a lot of food. Today I listened to my church service then ordered a couple of things from "My Pillow" - a sheet set and a bath towel to try out. I don't usually do that but they are supposed to be a reputable company. Now I will go and cook my greens and do some laundry.

Hope all is well with you. God bless your week.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning Debora and Isabella,

I have thought of you so many mornings, (afternoons and nights too), just so hard to get over here, but I've got to turn over a new leaf and stop in more often. I need you both. I can't believe it's been so long, another 77 comments to catch up on. I still haven't caught up reading the previous 35 or so before that. I hope you both had a Merry Christmas and all the other holidays I've missed this year.

Thank you so much for your emails, checking up on us, and words of encouragement. I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Especially your prayers, so important.

I'll skip a lot of details here, I hope to get an email update out to everyone very soon, but I will tell you my good news...I'm officially in remission. I've had 3 clear CT scans. The liver procedure that I had last year wiped the cancer out of my liver and now I'm being monitored every 3 months. Next time will be a PET scan and if that's clear, then we'll change to every 6 months. Praising the Lord for healing. I can now proceed with my eyes, have had severe problems with them and my vision is poor, but soon will schedule to have cataracts removed.

John is a lot worse now. This past year he has declined rapidly. The Lord has given me back quite a bit of strength to help him along, but I still tire easily. He needs constant care and he really keeps me on my toes. I am ready to try in-home care again. I trust this coronavirus will ease up enough that I can feel comfortable having someone come into our home. We tried it January/February, but John gave me so much grief. I was so stressed by his reactions that I put it on hold and then the virus put everything on hold.

Debora, my condolences on the passing of Deacon. I saw the obituary post on Facebook. I am so sorry for your loss. I know he was a remarkable boy and will be missed by so many. What a testimony in his short years on earth.

Thank you again for keeping me in your prayers. I'll do my best to check in with you more often, hopefully, I'll get back to every morning. It will be the three of us "regulars" again. I have missed you so much.
  • arobed53
    Weeks are basically going like they did before covid it seems like. We had one evening we went to a tennis meet and a volleyball game and I plan to do that again tomorrow. Last tennis meet and nice to take care of two things in one night. Wednesday nights start up again this week – have no idea how many will be in the nursery. So will either be busy or have time to visit. I’m going to encourage Ralph to go to the Senior Bible study. He’s always so tired by evening and usually has to wait on me.

Yesterday was a Fall Festival. Our 4-H Club had a float in the parade. The kidss (and adults) did a nice job of decorating. I got a few books at the book sale. I toured the art exhibit (even put my crocheted swan picture in it), the town museum and jail and watched Lori and Thomas make balloon swords, dogs and hats. On the way home I stopped and helped Thomas a bit at the church with setting up for children’s church. My feet were very sore when I got home – the concrete or just standing or ust something. Took them awhile to settle down.

Had the usual group here Sunday. Since I was gone Saturday did Stouffer lasagna and garlic bread. Kids stayed till around 3. For the evening we were invited to the neighbors for a yummy supper. Our missionary friends home from Kenya were invited too. The one couple has two daughters and they got to listen to all three couples tell how they met. The girls left then and we talked about a lot of things. Thomas was asleep at our house and he wanted me to wake him at 7:30 so I set the alarm on my phone to remind me and tried several times. Then I decided I could call Lori and have her call. She finally got him awake aroudn 9. I knew he was tired. Fortunately, he didn’t have to be at till 11.

We had communion Sunday morning and again used pre-packaged unites. Paige brought hers home he cup and drank her pop from it – takes a long time to drink a 12 oz. Can of pop in something like that. :)

Isabella, sounds like you have ob security with doing the work for two now. The overtime will be nice and you are good at leaving the work at work. Hope you’re enjoying your haircut. I got one last week and it feels so good. 90’s does sound hot. We are getting up to the 70s no but it takes longer to get that warm and starts cooling down more quickly. I have thought about calling Sheryl too but I think about a lot of things that don’t happen. I thought she had popped in but if she did she didn’t have time to write after she got here. Hope you can get caught up with work this week. I’m sure your Bible study will be interestiend. I’ve heard her speak on a video once. I was getting mine done ahead of Bible study but am back to doing it the study – but it’s not a lot so works okay.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I’m glad it was before everything happened with Deacon. Derek and Lindsey are looking for a different vehicle. Lindsey is finfing it very hard to be in. Deacon sat right behind the front seats. And they don’t need something quite as bit. Derek would like to do a SUV which are higher priced than minivans but I’m sure God has a vehicle for them and will show it to them soon.

Have a good week.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Afternoon, came in to fix lunch and thought that if I don't at least pop in to say "hi", another day will pass without coming by here. My mornings are filled with John. Seems like the only time I get away is when I tell him I'll go in the house to start lunch and he stays outside a little longer.

Debora, wow! lucky you that your life is almost back to some 'before covid' normalcy. We're still in stay at home quarantine unless absolutely necessary to go out.

John is coming in already so I better get lunch on the table.