Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Good afternoon! It has been crazy weather here lately. We'll have a couple days in the 60's and 70's then all of a sudden it will be in the 80's and even 1 day in the 90's. Good weather to get sick. Oh well, I'm not complaining. It will be hot every day soon enough. I did my usual Trader Joe's and Sprouts shopping today and also went to Aldi and Ralphs. Then I went to the Dollar Tree because Dan's birthday is coming up and I needed to get him a birthday card. Their cards are all 50 cents or a dollar. And they are nice Hallmark cards. I just can't see spending $6 or $7 at the regular stores just for a card! I found a very nice one for 50 Cents. We had lunch when I got home and now I am reading stuff on the computer but I am getting sleepy so although I just want to go take a nap I'm probably going to go sit outside for a while. Sprouts had their house made sausage on sale for half price so I bought a bunch of the hot Italian chicken sausage because we really like it. We'll have a couple for dinner tonight then I'll freeze a couple portions for future reference. Then tomorrow I'm making sloppy Joes. We haven't had that in a very long time. I have a recipe to make my own sloppy Joe sauce so it doesn't have too much salt or other ingredients we don't want.

My brother Joe said that my great niece's wedding was very nice. They only had to wear masks to walk in then they could take them off once they were seated. They seated my brother at the master table with the bride's family. His only complaint was that the music was so loud that there wasn't much conversation so he didn't get to catch up with family very much. He was there until 10:30pm though so he must have definitely had a good time.

Debora, sounds like you've been having some very good weeks. Glad you were able to get your hair cut. Good idea to look for a place while you were away. Sorry about the loss of Ralph's relative but it was nice to get caught up with the family. Are Ralph's dentures fitting any better? Interesting that Thomas is heading off for the summer and that he is going to get his own place when he gets back. He's really growing up! It's really nice that your fast food places are allowing indoor dining again. I look forward to the time that they start to open up here. We have a couple of tiny local places that are allowing indoor but the national brand type places are still only drive thru. Oh well, hopefully soon.

Well take care and have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! It's been a very busy week at work and doesn't show signs of lightening up any time soon. They have given me contracts to process for all of California now - at least until the girl in northern CA gets back from maternity leave. I took this coming Wednesday the 12th off because it is Dan's birthday. We'll go out to an early dinner and not sure what else. He wants to get a massage but I don't know if it will be on his actual birthday or not. I also took a half day for our anniversary on May 21st. I didn't want to take another full day with the crazy work load I have right now.

I did a lot of shopping yesterday. I went to the farmer's market, then to Trader Joe's then Target, then Jimbo's then Sprouts. Whew! My feets were tired after all that. :) I almost went into shock at Trader Joe's when they said it was now OK for them to touch my grocery bags and bag my groceries for me. The other stores still would not touch my bags. Sheesh! All restrictions in CA except for mask mandate are supposed to be lifted on June 15th. We'll see. Then I came home and made banana bread with some over ripe bananas. It came out pretty good. A tad dry but hopefully that will lessen as it gains moisture in the bag. Dan and I watched a Hallmark movie in the evening. It was cute. Not much else going on.

Debora, hope all is well with you. I'm sure you're very busy as always. Have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    Good morning. Had a great time for Dan's birthday on Wednesday. I took the day off and we just relaxed, did the puzzle together, went to late lunch, watched a movie. Very nice and relaxing. It was his 65th birthday and he said it was one of his best ever. Made me very happy. Planning to do my usual shopping today and not much else. Maybe clean a bit. It will be cloudy and cool today so not sure if I'll sit outside and read. I thought of a new system to follow up on contracts at work and it seems to be going well which made my supervisor very happy. Not much else going on. Hope all is well with you. Have a great week.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Time flies. May is already halfway over. We had our Good News Club party – weather was super nice – kids all had fun and we didn’t run out of food. We had Willing Workers in the afternoon cause of school concerts. Speakers spoke about their experiences with international students and was very good. That evening Paige had her school program – OH Jonah. So cute. She was the queen of Nineveh. She had her hair pulled back so I didn’t figure out where she was standing until she had her time to act which was almost at the end of the program. I should have asked her dad but I kept thinking she was offstage.
    Friday night (7th) I went and spent the night with Lucy, Paige and Maggie. Mom went with the band to Branson and dad worked overnight. I didn’t go till 8 but I did take donuts which they liked. Non school night the little ones sleep in the living room. So they were on the two couches and I got the recliner. Maggie crawled in with me during the night so after she settled back down, I went to the couch. We cleaned up the living room a little before bed so I didn’t trip over anything. :) With all going on with the family the next day and night, Maggie came home with me. I think she had a good time. She got to go to Alan’s house for about 3 hours. Then I slept with her that night so I didn’t have to wonder if she would wake up.
    She was glad to see everyone at church. It was nice not to have anywhere to go in the evening. Monday was 4-H so spent the day getting things ready. It was a good meeting with some good talks. Tuesday night was Maggie’s Kindergarten Graduation. She was so excited. For the program, they sang about 8 or 9 songs, said their ABC verses and then got their diplomas. Then there was a reception with a Candy Land theme and there were booths for them to get prizes and cupcakes and punch. The cupcakes were packaged individually so I took mine home and ate it.
    Oh yea, Sunday Alan brought along the table that my sister had used but I get now (had to wait so long cause my younger sister thought she wanted it). I wasn’t sure it would work since it’s 9 inches wider but it’s oval so not that way the whole way. I really like it. The legs are under the center more so we won’t trip over them. The other one got carried out to the chicken house cause of course we can’t toss anything. :)
    Thursday night was Taryn’s concert. They only had 4 tickets so Lindsey’s mom and Ralph went since I could get it via Youtube. They all had to sing with masks on. Each school district has different rules. Friday we did out errands. Then in the afternoon I went over to a friend’s house (had seen her for a long time) and got quart jars that she doesn’t want (dirty cause in the barn) but nice jars. I have a couple of friends they are going too. I don’t can. But then we went in and enjoyed a rhubarb dessert she had made. Delicious. We visited for a long time (was gone two hours).
    Today I’m gearing up for everyone. We are celebrating Thomas’ birthday. It’s in July but he’ll be in Michigan then. And I’m fixing his favorites (which are favorites of several others). The rolls are raising now. I still need to bake the rolls, do the brownies and cut the watermelon. Plus the basement has not been touched since they left last Sunday so need to get it all picked up (so they can mess it up again). All is going well, but time seems to speed by.
    Just talked to my oldest sister. She slipped out of her bed last Sunday morning and couldn’t get up so was taken to the hospital. She is doing better. I had a brother-in-law have surgery on his toe and he is in the hospital closer to home now and Katie’s mother had surgery for cancer on her tongue on Wednesday. Glad everyone is doing better.

Isabelle, wow on all the California contracts. Glad the new system you figured out is working well. Your celebration with Dan sounds really nice. The main thing was for him to enjoy it and he did. Glad your brother enjoyed the wedding. How were the sloppy jos? Nice that you can cut down on the salt.
    Our weather jumps around quite a bit too. It was cooler again this week so back on with the furnace. We got some much needed rain the last couple of days.

I had better get this sent off and then get back to things I have left to do for tomorrow.
  • arobed53
    Oh yeah, you asked about Ralph's dentures. They are better but not right. He still has sores and is going in every two weeds for an adjustment. He is not very happy about it. Hopefully, they get it soon. Off to get the mail and straighten the bedroom. Getting close to done.
  • arobed53
    Hi, we’ve had a wet week. We’re up to 4 inches of rain in the last week. It’s wet. I saw mushrooms in the grass when I went out to get the mail. But in between the rain, we’ve had cool days, warm days and of course, wind. I had Monday and Tuesday at home. Nothing big got done but I did get the house straightened from Sunday. Wednesday was Bible study and the a friend and I went and had lunch with another friend who we had not seen for a year. We picked up Arby’s sandwiches and had a good time visitng. Thursday Ralph and I went to an estate sale. We went in part just to see the house. A cousin had a stoke so is selling the house cause he is in a care home now. It’s a beautiful home – 3200 square feet so large. It plus a small house and 5 acres is on the market for $750,000. We bought a few things. We decided to think about the washer and it was gone the next day so not meant to be. Friday I met up with some of my flylady friends at Panera. Again more good visiting. I was the first to leave. I just had a drink there and Ralph and I went and ate at Chick-Fil-A. Then we got groceries and headed home.
    Alan stopped by to say they wouldn’t be here Sunday. Katie’s mom had surgery and they found out the doctor was unable to get all the cancer so she’ll start sooner. The surgery was on her tongue so eating is a problem. Anyway, Katie’s brother was coming for the weekend so they’ll be with them. And Lucy is taking Driver’s Ed so we’ll just be 6. I’m going to use the “new to me” kitchen table and see how it works with six.
    Today was at home too. I made about 6 dozen cookies. I needed 4 dozen for Bible School next week and the rest are for us. And I baked breadsticks for a change. They turned out okay.

Isabella, Happy Anniversary. How did you celebrate?
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! I worked yesterday (Saturday) and got pretty well caught up. Lots of overtime so that will be nice. Did my usual shopping afterward then sat outside and read my book. Our anniversary Friday the 21st was nice. I worked until 12:30. We went to late lunch at 2:30 at Olive Garden since I had a gift card. We decided we didn't want anything fancy this year. The food was good basic and we took about half of it home. Then we watched a hallmark movie. We had the leftovers for dinner last night along with a bottle of wine one of our sales guys gave everyone for Christmas. It was a good bottle of wine and we had a nice evening.

Debora, you have a lot going on as always. The new kitchen table sounds nice. How did it go using it this Sunday? Funny about the old one going out to the chicken coop. Well, no sense in wasting it. ;) Oh, and the sloppy Joes were a winner. Dan wants me to make them again. I would use less sugar next time though. The sauce mix was a tiny bit too sweet. Nice that you got some good visiting in. Good fellowship is always a blessing. Sorry to hear that Ralph's dentures are still a problem. I will keep it in my prayers that they get it resolved soon. Mouth pain is terrible.

Have a blessed week.
  • arobed53
    Hi, another week zoomed past. Sunday was different with just 6 of us here but fun too and I got Lori to go through all the yarn. Monday I helped with registration at the Community Bible School and then worked at home. Tuesday morning Alan’s kids were here. Fixed pigs in a blanket for our meal which they enjoyed. In the evening we went to Taryn’s 8th grade promotion. She has 271 in her class so we watched a lot of kids we didn’t know.. Then we went to the house for dessert.
    Wednesday I had the whole day at home. Clark (grandson) had a seizure (has never had one before0. They went to the doctor who found nothing so now he go see a neurologist. Until then he can’t swim or ride bike or drive the go-cart. Not more have happened. Thursday I worked at church. Arlene and I finished up our SS material so it’s good to go. Friday was the usual errands. My cover for the loveseat came. I’m curious to see what the grandkids say tomorrow. I think it looks nice.
    Today I went to a bridal shower and later looked at two houses with Thomas. Here I “cleaned” the house, cut up a watermelon, mixed up meatloaf, baked rolls, and did the dessert so ready for tomorrow.
    Nothing big happened but I’ve enjoyed the week and feel like I made some progress on a few little tings.

Isabella, always nice to be caught up. Overtime makes for a nice paycheck. Happy Anniversary. Your celebrating sounds nice and relaxing. How years for you? (You may have said before but I forget).
    Having six at the table works fine. I am enjoying it and don’t have any trouble working with a little less space. And Ralph cancelled going in for his dentures this week so they are doing better. He may go in later but it has improved so I’m glad for that.

Enjoy your week. I’ll have Derek’s kids Tuesday through Saturday morning through breakfast so it will be interesting – have ball games and things to take them too so will be busy in different ways..
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! Happy Memorial Day weekend! I have a sinus infection so taking it easy this weekend. Just puttered yesterday. I of course did my usual shopping then went to Target as well. Did the unthinkable and watched a movie DVD in the middle of the afternoon called The Incredibles. It is an animated superhero movie. I enjoyed it. I decided not to go to church today because I don't want to bring my germs there or make anyone worried if I cough or something. So I will watch the service on line in a few minutes. Other than that, I'm doing laundry and will clean the floors. Not doing anything special tomorrow either. I'll make hamburgers for the occasion. :)

My friend Jami and her dog, a husky, were attached by a pitbull while they were out for a walk a couple of days ago. I don't know how much you know about pitbulls but once they latch onto someone it is difficult to get them to let go. The owners were out of town and their daughter was home from college and when she opened the door of the house the pitbull came flying out and latched onto Jami's husky. The girl just stood there screaming so Jami was on her own. All she could do was keep kicking the pitbull in the face and head until it let go. Jami had her hand in her dog's collar so when the dogs rolled they damaged her fingers. One of them is broken in several places. She is in a cast. Her dog has puncture wounds. The vet cleaned them and told Jami to keep an eye out for infection. She is going to go and have a discussion with the dog owner today now that they are back from vacation.

Debora, we celebrated 33 years of marriage. Glad Ralph's dentures are working somewhat better. It sounds interesting having the kids in the mornings. Hope it's not too hectic. My friend Jami's son had a seizure in the shower once several years ago and had to undergo tests. They didn't find anything and he hasn't had another one so hopefully this was nothing to worry about.

Well, take care and have a wonderful holiday weekend!
  • arobed53
    Hi, spent Monday getting things done before we got 4 of the grands. They had been with their other grandparents since the previous Friday. We got them Tuesday morning. We met the other grandparents at their house and they suggested we just take Derek’s vehicle like they did cause it was all loaded. It’s a big SUV but not bad to drive. Way fancier than our car. You push a button to start it and other nice features and enough space for the kids so a seat between each two. Took the kids to McDonalds since it was noon and then home to unload and get things settled in. Taryn had tennis in the evening. The other three had games but they got canceled so we went to Lori’s and a playground to fill the time. Taryn had basketball camp each morning so Ralph took her back and forth. The girls and I went in for a game Wednesday evening which also got cannceled but we still ate at Wendy’s before going home. They were rather disappointed. Ralph did great with Madden. Thursday night I had Willing Workers. I took the two middle girls with me since Junior girls were on so others their age were there. They had fun and helped the two older ladies serve the refreshments. Friday morning we went with Ralph. It was National Donut Day so we took them to Krispy Kreme for something to do. Came up with a couple of new projects for that day. Legos were played with a lot. I taught one to crochet (she did know how to chain). Madden (6) really liked to color so I printed off batman and other things and he spent a lot of time coloring. Stays in the lines very well. We watched some TV. I made some of the foods I know they like and they all ate pretty well. We had Alan and his kids come over one afternoon for dessert since it was Alan’s birthday. Then when they got up this morning (not fat), we took them home. They had fun but were glad to see their mom and dad. From there we went to Dillons for groceries – actually didn’t need a lot and then home to straighten things a bit and do a little food stuff. I made rice krispie treats to use up most of the rice krispies. I tossed two boxes of cereal that had gone bad and I don’t like doing that so wanted to use these while still good. I did deviled eggs for a thing we’re going to tomorrow night and cole slaw. I made jello for noon. We’re having frozen lasagna that a friend made for me (I’m paying her but wanted to try it out without Ralph seeing cottage cheese go in it. We’ll see how it cooks. Tomorrow is communion so we don’t have Sunday School.

And by tomorrow night all our kids will be back in the area.  Derek and Lindsey (one we kept kids for) went to Costa Rica with friends. Lori and family took Thomas to Michigan when he'll be till about the end of July (they got back this afternoon) and tomorrow, youngest DD and hubby will return home from their vacation.  Had a nephew pass away this week - only 46 and unexpected.  Shows we never know. And my brother-in-law who is in swing bed after his toe surgery (toe is fine but he’s refusing to walk) got to feeling bad and tested positive for covid so his wife has to stay at home for two weeks in quarantine.

Hopefully will get back to decluttering this week.  I have my mammogram Wednesday afternoon so want to get my trunk loaded for Etc. Shop.  

Another little interesting thing – The group of 10 that went to Costa Rico all tested negative for covid before leaving to come home but they said they were required to buy travel insurance for $50. Then if anyone would have tested positive, they would have $2000 to pay for hotel and food for the two weeks they would have had to stay. Glad they didn’t need it.

Isabella, glad your Memorial Day week was relaxing. Hope the sinuses are better. That was smart to stay home.
    That is horrible for Jamie and her dog. I like court shows and quite a few include pit bulls. I hope the owners will step and pay expenses so she doesn’t have to sue or anything. I hope they let animal control know too cause that puts the owners on notification in case something happens again.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! I still have the sinus infection but I believe I have turned the corner. I feel pretty good for the most part. Just on the tail end of the symptoms. I left an hour early each day this week and took an hour of sick time so I could get more rest and that really helped. Stayed home from study and church again just to be respectful and err on the side of caution. Didn't cook at all. Just pulled stuff from the freezer. Not even going to make my pot of greens this week. Making meatball sandwiches tonight.

Watched another DVD yesterday afternoon that my co-worker lent me. It was called the Lego movie. I thought it was going to be really silly but I actually enjoyed it and watched it to the end.

We decided to get the slope in the back of our house replanted then maintained. I'm really glad Dan made the decision because I don't like the idea of him climbing up there anymore. It won't be cheap but not as expensive as we were afraid it was going to be so we're satisfied with the cost.

Debora, sounds like things went really well this week. Very happy to hear it. The owner of the pitbull was prepared to give Jami a blank check for her expenses from the attack. She felt really bad and offered to come and clean Jami's house, etc. until her hand heals. Of course Jami refused the cleaning help but good that she offered. Jami did not report the dog to animal control because in our area when you report a pitbull attack they have to put the pitbull down and Jami could not bear the responsibility of making that happen. The woman claims she has taken steps to ensure that something like this will never happen again.

Take care and have a blessed week!
  • isyvanek
    Well our cooler weather left as of today. This week will be high 80's to mid 90's. Oh well, can't complain too much. I did my usual Trader Joe's and Sprouts shopping today but also went to the farmer's market to get some honey and strawberries, and green beans. Then I went to Jimbo's because they are the only store that has good apples. The other stores are not fresh enough. Then I came home and cleaned my fruit and did a load of laundry and have been on the computer ever since.

I picked up a library book I had on hold and am going to go start reading it now. We will have hot dogs and fries for dinner. I plan to go back to church tomorrow. We are starting a new series.

The landscapers we were going to hire to clean the slope called and postponed the appointment to work on our slope. We decided they are too flaky and will look for someone else to do the work.

We are going to get together with Jami and Joe for his birthday on Monday the 14th. We are going to Hamburger factory. We are really looking forward to seeing them.

Have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    Hello. The mask mandate has FINALLY been lifted! (for those that have been vaccinated) Went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts today. At Trader Joe's none of the employees had masks on but all the customers did. At Sprouts all the employees had masks on but none of the customers did. I guess everyone will have to find out what is comfortable for them. Got an email from my church that masks will no longer be required. Yay!

We found a new landscaper to clear and replant our slope and he started today. He seems to be doing a good job and was half the price of the first guy that flaked on us. God was protecting us! I'm going to clean the bathrooms and dust then just relax and read my book. I bought a steak for Dan and I to share tonight. I'll make it with some rice and a veggie.

We had a nice time with Jami and Joe on Monday. Hamburger Factory turned out to be closed on Mondays so we went to a place called Kaminski's instead. They do "BBQ". I had a hamburger. It was good.

Well not much else to say. Have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Well, things have stayed eventful. June 3 a nephew (42) passed away. He had CIDP (a muscle weakness) so think that was part of it. No one had heard from him for a couple of days so had a well check done and it appears he went peacefully. He's the first one of that generation of my parents grandchildren to die. The family got together in Denver to share memories but we didn't go since it was right after having Derek's kids here. Also, that week my sister had to quarantine cause her husband got covid and died on the 13th. So last Saturday we still had a family meeting on Ralph's side on working to divide the farmland which went really well. Then we headed over an hour away for the funeral and then the burial was 1 1/2 hours from there and then 2 hours home. So it was a lot of driving.
    On the "good" side, I had a friend fall down 19 steps while on vacation and survive without breaking anything. She is very bruised and will be slow recovering but is alive. Another friend who works at a food pantry type deal had a shooting take place. She is fine but this is the second time so she has resigned. And a third friend who has trouble taking meds had a very bad reaction to a new one - spent 8 hours in the ER with cramps from her head to her toes but is getting better. God protected all of them. Then we had a 35 year old who was raised in our church die suddenly - just slumped over and was gone (left a wife and 4 kids). So there is always something going on.
    I had 4-H this week and a foods meeting which went okay (each 4-Hers made a small batch of chocolate chip cookies and each batch came out differently even if they had the same recipe) and we went to a t-ball game, some volleyball games and a softball game. I keep plugging away on things at home and think I'm making some progress. There always seems to be more to do however. And I'm on the hunt for a paper that has disappeared. I decided i would quit hunting until Monday. Doing hamburgers and hot dogs tomorrow and celebrating the two June birthdays.
    We've had a very hot week - I think it hit 100 one day but I'm inside most of the time so not too bothered. We keep the house at 80 but that is comfortable with the fans move the ac air.

Glad Jaimie has her expenses taken care of. Is she feeling better? Glad your infection is better. That was smart to take it a little easier. So nice you had things you could pull out of the freezer. Too bad the first landscape company didn't work out. But the new company turned out to be a better deal and got right on it. Glad you keep a book on hand. Our church library is doing a reading program this summer so that's interesting. it's got a couple of my granddaughters reading more so that's a plus. Glad your outing with Jamie and Joe was nice. Your weeks always sound so nice. You're right, Each place has to do what is best for them mask wise. I keep a mask in my purse but sure don't have to use it a lot these days. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

Enjoy your week. Sheryl, continuing to pray for you. Hope you are doing okay.
  • arobed53
    Hi, another warm day but I don’t think we have ever hit 100 yet. We got about 3.5 inches of rain last night along with some wind so the corn is leaning over but I think it will come out of it. We had needed rain so it will help the crops. Guys that weren’t done combining wheat may not be as happy but you have to take it when it comes.
    The week went by quickly. I got more done in the room downstairs. I learned I’ll only have Lori’s kids during Bible school so won’t need the bed in there but I still want to get the floor vacuumed and then it can be where I put things ready to head for the thrift store and boxes I’m keeping to use (till I have too many). Ralph need to go get the oil changed in the car so we loaded up stuff for the thrift store. So a bit more is gone and I already found a box that I missed. :)
    We went to two softball games and 1 volleyball game this week. We went to the funeral of the young man that passed away suddenly and our electric coop had a meal and tour of one of their solar farms. Very good meal. Solar farm was interesting. Always have projects to work on at home.
    Tomorrow all the families will be here but Alan and his boys have a men’s thing at their church and two of Lori’s are at Youth Retreat so will only have 17. I didn’t have to put up the third table. And I didn’t have to make dessert cause Julie is bringing a strawberry pretzel dessert.
    We are taking a load of boxes of books up to Kansas City on Tuesday. Hope we can find places to eat inside. The books will go to places in Kenya that our friend knows about. Getting ready for this has worn Ralph out so it’s good that we won’t do a lot more. He guesses it’s his fibromyalgia is acting up more. Not fun.
    That’s it for now. Enjoy your week.
  • isyvanek
    Hi! Happy 4th of July! I couldn't get here last week because our DSL went down last Saturday night and we just got it back 2 days ago! It was awful being without internet but I guess if that's the worst thing we have to complain about we're doing pretty good! :) This week we have been in the 80's. Very livable. I did my usual shopping yesterday and also went to the farmer's market and to Famous Footwear. I bought a pair of sketchers blue slip on tennies and also a pair of Dr. Schols blue sandals. I am set for blue shoes for quite a while! I got $30 off so I was happy. I just relaxed and read after that. I picked up some mexican food for dinner. Dan and I split a shredded beef quesadilla and a side of mexican rice. It was very tasty. Then we watched an old 30's movie we had recorded. It had Greta Garbo and Robert Taylor. Very melancholy and bitter sweet.

Today, I went to church then picked up some hot dogs and buns for tomorrow. I'm making a one skillet ground beef & rice dish for dinner tonight. I'm off tomorrow for the holiday so that will be nice to have an extra day off. Jami got some bad news. Her mom who is 83 has been having trouble swallowing and finally went to the doctor. She has cancer of the throat. She will have a test on Friday to see if it has spread anywhere else and she has to make an appt with an oncologist to find out what treatment he recommends. She will not agree to chemo.

Debora, sorry to hear about so many funerals. At this age I guess we'll see more and more of those. Glad to hear that the family meeting about dividing the farm went well. I would imagine that could be contentious. Was it divided between Ralph and other relatives or between the next generation? I didn't know Ralph has fibromyalgia. My friend grace has it and you're right it can be very difficult to function. Jami had the cast removed from her arm and now she just has 3 fingers wrapped together. She has a follow up on Tuesday to see how the finger is doing.

Well, I'm going to go and enjoy this gorgeous day. Happy Fourth of July! God Bless!
  • arobed53
    The last week was a full one. Tuesday we took a load of books to Kansas City. We left at 7 am and got home at 8 pm. Dropped off the boxes, picked up some books a lady had for us, went to three bookstores, got gas, ate lunch at McDonalds and supper at Wendy’s so had a full day. Ralph had to drive in some rain going up but never too hard. We had around 4-5 inches of rain in the last week and a half.
    Thursday afternoon we had our yearly cardiology check-ups. Since Ralph’s feet are still swollen some, we are adjusting his med and will see if that helps so now will have to bug him about taking his blood pressure. Then on the 22, I will have a stress test – just to check things out cause I’ve never had one. It’s a 4 hour deal so will take a good book along that day.
    Friday was our usual errand day and then I got the house straightened. Oh yeah, one evening as I was taking my shower I heard the sump pump start. That’s not unusual but it kept running and running and running. So I told Ralph we better go down and check it out. Somehow the ball had gotten stuck so the water had overflowed into one half of the basement (some of carpet in one room and most of the floor on the the other side and the furnace room) Fortunately, it came loose or the next morning the whole basement would probably have been wet. By the time we got down stairs, the water was draining out. Ralph figured out the problem but watched it over night. We put a fan on the carpet and I ignored the boxes. If something is ruined, I’ll find out someday – another reason I need to declutter. The dehumidifier is filling up fast. The carpet is almost dry and I was glad I had worked in that room recently so less was on the floor.
    The weekend we were at the school Ralph and the kids went to high school at. They were celebrating 75 years. One of Ralph’s classmates came form Alberquerque and two others came. He was in a class of 26 and half of them have already gone to heaven. They did a nice fireworks show at the end of the concert Saturday and we went to the worship service they had planned. It was a nice morning after a full day so we have enjoyed the quiet of the rest of the day. I didn’t have any of the kids over since I wasn’t sure when we would be home – if Ralph want to visit (or me) I didn’t want to have to rush off.
    Tomorrow starts our Bible School. It’s a carnival theme. We have a ferris wheel on the stage at church. Our decorators work hard. Lori’s kids will stay here this week so will spend more time on meals. But it’s fun too. I lined up meal for the teachers and took the last three left on Friday so have that to work toward too. Two of them are gluten free so had to think what I could make. And they won’t get any bread. I do want to make dinner rolls for the grandkids to enjoy and for the third meal. :)

Oh, Isabella, that was a long time to have the DSL down. Glad you were so patient. Our electricity was out for an hour and it seemed like a long time. The good thing was it was in the daytime so I could still find things to do cause we had light from the windows.
    Glad Isabella is down to less holding her down. So sorry to hear about her mother.
    Nice on the coupons to help on the shoes. Do you wear a lot of blue?
    The land is what was passed down from Ralph’s parents (the sister was bought out a number of years ago in a not so fun time) and so there are Glen and Carol’s kids and our kids and us to divide it between. It’s a process.
    Sounds like you’ve been having an enjoyable weekend and will continue it through tomorrow. Have a great week.
  • arobed53
    Well, we are In the middle of our County Fair. Set-up was Thursday. I helped with that and then a bit with setting up the concession stand in the afternoon. I was there all day Friday. Watched the dairy goat show, was superintendent with educational posters, had lunch with a friend and went home about 5. Today I was back for the swine show, was superintendent with crochet/knitting, ate at McDonalds with two of my kids, watched the bucket calf how and came home. Tomorrow I’ll be in the concession stand all morning and hand around in the afternoon till our family meal in the evening. We’re going to eat at Freddy’s and celebrate 5 birthdays. Monday morning will go in for clean-up and then in the evening for a meal and livestock sale and the fair will be a wrap. They crammed it into fewer days but they don’t ask me what to do.

Our Bible School was July 12-16 and Lori’s kids stayed here. So meals on the table and activities kept things busy. I had three hours in the morning to myself so got a few things done. Friday I made three meals for teachers and then our program was in the evening and the kids went home. Monday of this week I had Ava (Alan’s) while he took the other three kids for their first week of camp. So lots of activity going on. This weekend Derek (and 8 other guys) are in Colorado climbing two mountains. They will head home tomorrow (he will miss the dinner).

Katie’s mom had her second surgery on her tongue and they also removed her lymph nodes. Two of them had cancer so she will have to have radiation. She is recovering at Alan’s house so Katie can help her as needed.

The friend I work with on Thursday morning had a stroke Wednesday. They caught it in progress – in fact she drove home from Bible Study now knowing anything was wrong but made it safely. She in the hospital now waiting to move to rehab. I’m praying she’ll make a full recovery.

The two children that Matthew and Julie hope to adopt had a big step happen in that dad’s rights were terminated and the mom relinquished hers. Things never move fast but we’re praying things will this time. The kids are in a good foster home now but Matthew and Julie are going to see if they can get licensed so then they could have them as fosters and then adopt. So more grandkids may be on the way.

Through a lot of names in this email. Next week I hope to get back to working on things at the house. But progress is always slow. I bought 4 tops at Goodwill yesterday so need to go through the drawer and get of ones I never wear. We’ve been getting rain so crops stay looking good. Life stays busy.

Isabella, I hope everything is going okay for you.
  • isyvanek
    Hello! I guess I got used to not having the internet so I just plain forgot to come visit last week! I was a good week. It has warmed up to mid 80's to low 90's. Humid last couple of days and today.

I went to the farmer's market again yesterday. Needed more local honey. Also got some nice chard, cucumbers and some beautiful plums. Then went to Trader Joe's Target and Sprouts. Whew! Had my hair cut at noon then read a book until dinner time. Neither Dan nor I were very hungary so I made some egg salad and we had that with a piece of toast. Perfect for a hot day.

Jami's mom was told that the cancer is inoperable and they convinced her to have the chemo and radiation. She will start treatment in 2 weeks so Jami is going to go to IL to take care of her for the 5 weeks she is going thru treatment. Jami also put her hous up for sale to take advantage of the high prices right now. She has already had several offers and will look at them all and decide which one to take this evening. So she will be moving to NC sooner rather than later.

Today we had another guest speaker at church. He did okay. Afterward I got on the computer, then did my usual meal prep for the week and chopped the veggies for the skillet meal I'm making for dinner. Now I'm on line with you. :)

Debora, Sounds like your County Fair went well as usual. Sorry to hear about your friend that you work with on Thursdays. I'll keep her in my prayers. Please let me know how she is doing. Good that things are moving in the right direction for Matthew and Julie to adopt the 2 children. Hope things will continue to well and move quickly. What gluten free meals did you end up making for the teachers? How did your stress test go?

OK, I'm going to go take a shower and prepare for my evening. Have a great week.
  • arobed53
    Well, now I can say I survived the fair. Monday I went in for clean-up which was much less work. I ate at McDonalds and then went back and came back in at 5 for the meal and ice cream and stayed for part of the sale. Premium money for the 4-hers was prettying good – at least $800 for each animal. Tuesday it was nice not to have some place to go. We did decide to go to a baseball game in the evening. Matthew and Julie went too. We finally left at the top of the 14th inning cause it was getting quite cool and the Aviators won in that inning. Wednesday was my first time to work without my friend. I did it on a different day just because. I got the bead containers ready for the next meeting, but it wasn’t as much fun to do. Thursday was my stress test so no eating after 7. We had to be there at one. It wasn’t hard. I was actually only on the treadmill for 3 minutes – at a very slow walk and the las minute they inject something to make my heart act up. Thankful that the results were good. After the test we went to Spangles and ate. Enjoyed the meal a lot. Friday was errands and stuff at home. Today I got stuff ready for Sunday and when the rolls were in the oven, I learned our son and family wouldn’t be coming. I thought about inviting someone over but Ralph wasn’t interested. I still plan to make the whole casserole. We can eat the leftovers and then I’ll freeze what’s left – ham and potatoes with cream. Tomorrow is church and the start of our missionary conference. I’m in the nursery during church. We also will get out picture taken for the pictorial directory.
    My oldest sister hand a schezmic episode ( kind of like a tia) so spent a night n the hospital but is back home. She did use her lifeline button so I got the call but didn’t recognize the number so didn’t answer. So I will put a label with that number so I answer the next time – not that there’s much I can do from this distance. I visited with my friend and she is now in rehab. Sounds like it will be a long journey.
    Asked our church secretary who is in the next 2 year old class so I could start looking for them. It’s another big class – 20 kids. We did 15 last year and the room was full. I tell the others and see what they think tomorrow. I knew there were a lot of births a couple of years I a row but wow.
    The missionary conference goes through Wednesday so evenings will be busy and I told a friend I would help her with moving on Monday and Tuesday so we’ll see if I get anything done at home

Isabella, you have a nice farmer’s market to go to. Glad Jamie’s mother is going to fight the cancer and the Jaimie can go stay with her but I know you will miss doing things with her. You can still stay in touch at least. Houses sell fast these days. My gluten free meal was a ham potato casserole (three ingredients – ham, frozen hash browns and cream), applesauce jello and rice krispie bars. I did not attempt any bread. Week ahead is supposed to be very hot – but it was already 94 today. Glad you popped in this week.