Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Didn't sleep well last night so this is going to be short, hubby didn't work on septic lines, he decided he needed the rest instead and I don't blame him. So with us not having family for the thanksgiving weekend he said he would take a look at it then, which I guess is okay since the issue is not that pressing yet.

Debora, you have a lot of people coming, I remember as a kid we used to have big family gatherings, on my dad's side was 7 kids so I had lots of cousins, aunts & uncles. For thanksgiving, each one took turns hosting and for Christmas we all would show up at my Dad's parents which would be close to 20 people and yes we all brought a dish of some kind for each event. Oh how I miss those days, things were so much more simpler, when your a kid you have no worries.
    How did the applesauce do when you froze it, did you still get the same yummy texture?
    Hope the hernia surgery isn't put off to much longer, I hear hernia's are pretty painful.
    Yes, we live in the country 4.5 miles just outside of town, but hubby is the only one that really uses the tractor, I don't care to get on it.

Isabella, I live in a small town of just under 17,000 people so we don't have a sprouts, trader joes or a whole market place that has lots of organic foods, just Wal Mart and they are trying to get better at having more organic options, but their prices are a little high, but I will spend the extra $$ from time to time.

Have a great Thansgiving Day and enjoy family/friends. Talk again soon.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!! Everyone has left. We ended up with only around 25. Derek and Lindsey tested positive for covid so they were out and Matthew and Julie didn't come cause she had been around Derek and didn't feel good so they were missed but the ones here had fun. It was nice enough, the kids went outside for awhile and 6 of us adults went for about a two mile walk. It was chilly but not too bad. We had so much food. Didn't even use half of the ham we did. Lots of dinner rolls to freeze and my single sister left most of the desserts she brought here so I will be freezing things tomorrow. We had six or seven pies, cookies, a cake plus some sugared pecans. Isabella, we had some Trader Joe items as that's my sister's favorite store. There is one in the big store but we don't go there much. The towns we do most of grocery shopping in have Walmart and Dillons. No one hung around for supper this year and we didn't even start a puzzle. The house was all clean this morning. Now there's some cleaning up to do but not too bad. And no one will be here on Sunday so plenty of time to do it. Felt a little bad when I went downstairs and saw food kids took and didn't ate - not even a bit but deviled eggs I don't trust after 6 or 7 hours plus they only ate half of what I made (did 3 dozen eggs). Not sure what I'll do with all I have.
    We liked the applesauce just fine. We did it when my dad was still alive and used the apples off his tree.
    One more thing before I leave - our daughter Julie and husband were told on Monday that they get to adopt the two kids they have been working with who are in a foster home. So we have two more grands. I'm not sure when they will tell the kids and what the process will be. It will be hard for them to leave the nice home they in too but we are excited to meet them in person. We have pictures of them. And I actually have Christmas presents for them (hoping this would happen).
    Have a good upcoming weekend. Since we had a Thanksgiving Service this morning, I'll be off on days of the week - might feel like we have two Sundays in one week.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi ladies, We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving just Dan and I. I bought a rotisserie chicken then made mashed potatoes and a small green bean casserole to go with it. Everything was good. Then we watched a favorite movie from 2011 called Hugo. Really enjoyed it. I also had Friday off and did nothing but read a consumer reports magazine and browse the computer. Today I did my usual shopping very early then met friends for lunch. It was very nice. I also went to the farmer's market while I waited for them because they were running late and the farmer's market is right by the restaurant we were going to. Now I'm catching up with you all and I'll probably start a new book. I'm not used to having all these days off with not much going on! Dan isn't feeling well so that puts a damper on things too.

Tammy, hope you're getting better sleep and that the septic holds up till hubby can get to it. I more than understand that he needs the rest. That is one thing I'll really miss if/when we leave CA and that is the convenience and variety of stores we have very close to us.

Debora, sounds like it was fun to have school plays to go to and such. Your holiday sounds like it was very nice too. Contratulations to Julie and her husband for the new family addtions. Such a blessing! Hope Ralph's procedure goes well and he will be able to have the hernia surgery soon.

Well, take care and have a great week all!
  • tlspindor
    Good Monday Morning, let's see where to start off at. Thursday was nice and quite, had a half of chicken in freezer so took that out, made a green-bean casserole, yams, stove top cornbread stuffing, gravy, dinner rolls and had deviled egg potato salad for thanksgiving dinner, with plenty of left overs for Friday nights dinner. I do have a pumpkin pie I bought because that is one thing I just have to have no matter what, it's just not Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years without one. then I'm fine until the holidays come around again.

The hubby rested for the 4 days off so hopefully this coming weekend I can get him to check the septic out, I'll just keep a close eye on it. I'm still not up to 100 % but am slowly getting there, having trouble laying flat on my back at night no I prop myself up to sleep which is not the most comfy position. Been taking Zinc, Vit D3, Magnesium, Vit C at least once a day if not twice, trying to built my immunity back up to fight off what ever this is trying to take hold of me.

I know with all this food I've been eating I haven't lost any weight, more then likely I've gained a few pounds - YUCK :s

Hugo, is a cool movie to watch, I too like it Isabella. That was one thing we did allot of TV watching & napping this past weekend.

Debora, hope those that didn't make it will feel better soon and sounds like a great time with those folks that did you had a great time with.

Still no job offers, thanks for the prayers. Will talk later.. Blessings to you.
  • arobed53
    Hi everyone, can’t say I’ve been doing anything exciting – just haven’t jumped over here.
    Isabella and Tammy, both of your Thanksgiving dinners sound good. We ate ham and potatoes of some form most of the week. Just Jim and Lori and kids will be here. Alan’s family got sick after Thanksgiving – no one was tested but they are treating it as covid in case so they aren’t coming. Everyone is on the mend. All cases were different from each other. For tomorrow I pulled the ham and dinner rolls out of the freezer from Thanksgiving and will add sides to that. Then I hope to go to a baby shower and then out 4-H club is doing a play at the nearby town as one of the activities toward lighting the town Christmas tree and then our church has a Christmas program. So it will be a full full day. (Tammy, we had to have pumpkin pie too).
    The week was pretty normal. Monday Ralph had to get blood work done and we did a couple errands in that town and then went to another town for me to see a doctor for my “problem”. I guess 4 kids and lifting too many boxes of books has cause me to have a prolapse and I should have realized it sooner. But it is what it is. Tuesday was Good News Club and Bible Study. I worked in the nursery and we just had one child. Thursday was Willing Workers. Everyone brought Christmas goodies and they were good.
    Monday is Ralph’s heart cath. Hopefully, they find nothing but we’ll pack an overnight bag just in case and I’ll have things ready for Good News Club in case we don’t make it home. Our son Alan will take care of the chickens so I won’t have too. We have lots of eggs at the house since Matthew (who usually sells some at work for us) has covid and can’t work till next Thursday. I hope to get started on all I need to do for the yearly treasurer report. Won’t be too hard – just need to get it all together and do it. Always plenty of projects to do.
    Isabella, you found relaxing things to do with your time off. Hope Dan is feeling better.
    Tammy, will continue to pray about the job. Glad your hubby got some days of rest. Glad you are feeling better. Not feeling good is not fun.
    Have a great week.
  • isyvanek
    Hi ladies, having a nice weekend. Did my usual shopping. Had lots to re-stock up on so costs were a bit higher. Did a couple loads of laundry and looked for some Christmas gifts on the internet. Didn't find what I was looking for though so I hope to find what I want at the farmer's market next weekend. Wrote out my Christmas cards also so they are ready to mail tomorrow. We are still eating the chicken soup I made last weekend. I keep adding stuff to it every time I re-heat it. :) I'm going to make a chicken pasta salad for dinner tonight. It is another cool day but I have some pasta I need to use up.

Tammy, glad that your hubby got some rest. Hopefully the septic will get repaired this week. Sounds like you are taking the right combination of vitamins/minerals for your immune system. Hope you continue to feel better. I've been hankering for pumpkin pie too but hubby is not a pie person. I think I'll buy one for our dessert potluck at work so I can get my fix. :)

Debora, sorry so much of your family is under the weather. It is cold and flu season so hopefully it's just the usual and they will all be good as new very soon. Hope all Ralph's texts & procedures go well. How was your Dr visit for the prolapse? Are they going to put in mesh? Hope all goes well.

Have a great week!
  • tlspindor
    Good Monday morning, well it seems that I traded one health issue for another, didn't sleep very well last night had some trouble breathing, so I sat up and was just starting to get some decent sleep and alarm went off, after hitting snooze a few times I finally got up, made coffee, got hubby up and off to work. I went back to bed and slept for another 3 hours which was nice but now my day seems shot.

I have been having issue with tinnitus in both ears, been like this for approximately 10 days so I'm going to try warming up a clove of garlic/olive oil mixture and dropping a few drops in each ear to see if that helps, also continue with vitamins, and gargling just in case there's an infections in my throat but it doesn't feel like there is one. Will let know how that turns out later.

Debora, how did Ralph's test's go, I hope there were no problems, the same with your doctor visit that all went well, sending prayers up for the 2 of you. A yearly treasure report sounds interesting and fun, look forward to hearing more about that.

Isabella, glad to hear that you were able to get your Christmas cards done and ready to go, I have lost touch with many in my family that I don't even mess with that anymore. The Chicken soup sounds really good, just wish my hubby would eat more soups, I love soups. Hope the chicken pasta salad turned out like you hoped.

See you next Monday or sooner.

Hugs, and blessings ladies.

• arobed53
    Good evening. Spent the day with Ralph at the hospital. The cath went fine and he’s back home but we will now be scheduling bypass surgery. He has three blockages – 2 90% and 1 that is 100%. They could stent the two but can take care of all three with bypass. Glad they discovered before he had a heart attack. Surgery may be before Christmas. We’ll see. So that means I need to get on my projects. He can’t use his right arm for 24 hours or drive and then lift no more than 10 lbs. For 3 days so that’s all doable. He also has to check his blood pressure since he’s off one medicine for two more days. He plans to sleep in the recliner tonight so he won’t try to roll over on that arm.
    We’re just going to watch my prolapse. It’s not a bother or painful or anything so he is keeping an eye on it. :) I going to talk to a friend to see if I should ask for PT.
    So with all going on, I’m not going to be too serious about logging (other than getting breakfast in for sure so I get my points for Achievement) and just do my best to not gain anything for now.
    We stopped at Wendy’s on the way home so he could finally eat and I didn’t have to figure out supper. Then I folded the laundry I washed this morning and did the rest of the dishes from Sunday so that will be a help in the morning. We have our Fesper at church which we’ll go to as long as Ralph feels up to it. I can’t go without him since I’m not officially old enough. They have a short program and then serve a meal. It’s for those who are 70 and older.
    Tammy, ringing in the ears does not sound fun. You seem to know how to figure things out well, it sounds like.
    Isabella, how fun to have chicken that soup that’s different every time. We enjoy soups but more when it’s cold and we haven’t had a lot of cold weather yet. Taking a pumpkin pie for a potluck is a great idea. Just make sure you get a slice. Wonderful you got cards done. I love getting them but I haven’t done any for awhile. Do you put a letter with yours?
    4-H kids did a good job with their play. The mic weren’t that close so they tired to speak up. Then the music program at church was really good – a great start for the Christmas season. Our kids are all doing better. However, an exBIL (still a friend – even with the xwife now) has covid and very low oxygen. I’ve heard he is stable now but they were looking for an ICU bed and were maybe going to have to fly him out of state.
    Tammy, I have treasurer report to do– not as exciting as you thought. That and Christmas shopping are my next big projects.
    We’ll see when I drop in again.
  • tlspindor
    Debora, glad to hear that the test went well for Ralph and I will continue to pray for God's healing hand to be upon the both of you and and all your friends and family. I hope they will get his surgery done soon so that he will feel up to company on Christmas day. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the 4-H program and the music program at church, that sounded fun.

Hugs and Blessing to you all, Jesus is the reason for the Season and he is LORD of ALL.. :)
  • isyvanek
    Hello ladies! I took Friday off to use up vacation time. Cleaned out our Christmas decorations since I don't really decorate anymore. It felt good to get rid of some stuff. I kept 1 nativity set and 1 statue of Santa and 2 little children all in their jammies and asleep in a rocking chair. It plays music. Very cute. I brought the rest to work and put it all out on the table for people to take what they want. I gave my other 2 nativity sets to a Christian co-worker who is just starting a new household so doesn't have much in the way of decorations. I also did my Trader Joe's shopping since I will be working tomorrow very early.

I worked for 3 hours today (I know crazy, right?!). After work I went to the farmer's market and was able to get the loose leaf teas for my friend so that made me very happy. Then I went to Sprouts. And got my hair cut after that. Whew! Now I'm home visiting with you all. We plan to order pizza for dinner so I don't have to think about cooking.

Debora, Glad things are going pretty well for you and Ralph. Like you said, thank God they caught the blockages before he had a heart attack. Recovery shouldn't be too bad. Also very happy to hear that they are just going to keep an eye on the prolapse and don't have to do surgery or anything. As for my Christmas cards, I just write a short note in each card. I've never been one for Christmas letters. My life is too boring! Hope you don't stay away too long!

Tammy, the chicken pasta salad turned out well. We got 3 meals out of it. I can understand not sending cards. Seems a lot of people are going that route. I'm not there yet but reduced my list to about 1/2 what I used to send. Bummer about hubby not liking soup. I can't imagine! Hope you get rid of the tinnitus very soon if you haven't already. I have it in my left ear and have for several years. I'm very used to it and don't notice it most of the time. And AMEN to Jesus is the reason for the season and Lord of all! He is sovereign!

God's blessings to you both! Have a wonderful week!
  • arobed53
    It has been a busy week. Tuesday was the Fesper at church. It’s an event put on for those 70 and older (or married to someone that old). The them was advent. There was a nice program and then we had soup (3 kinds to choose from) and pies (I had chocolate). From there I went to Good News Club. Wednesday morning was Bible study and nursery in the evening. We had no kids but I had a box of cookbooks out so we put the dividers in. Now I just have to do the corrections. I’ve also been working on the treasurer’s books for our women’s group and have it almost ready to turn in.
    Thursday was when we saw our cardiologist, visited friends in that town and I went and worked with my friend so another full day. Friday we did our ussal errands and went to a memorial service in the afternoon. Also, on Thursday was when my xBIL passed away from covid. It was too much for him. He has been ready to go but this is hard on his kids. He was here for Thanksgiving so we did get to see him recently.
    Today was all at home. I’m doing hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner tomorrow so didn’t bake anything but I did quite a bit of online shopping for gifts. Not done but a lot further along. I also got the nativity set up – very simple but I like to have it look a little decorated with the Youth Group comes caroling. I don’t know that next week will be much less busy but time will tell.

Isabella, good to clean out your decorations if you don't put them up. Nice that you can share at work. You've had a busy weekend. Nice that you can take days off now and then - although the work is still waiting for you. Writing a note is good - much nicer than just signing your name. Seems like I'm getting less cards but makes sense when I'm not sending. So what did you make to help you through the week foodwise this time.

Going to head off to bed in a bit. Tomorrow will be another busy but fun day.
  • tlspindor
    Wells it Tuesday and not much is happening. I am having to retype my comment that I had all typed out and lost. I guess I pushed a wrong key. Ugh... :s As I was saying I stated last week with my first vegan dinner which was a Black bean meatloaf cup with roasted mushrooms, potato and spinach on the side, with a dinner roll which wasn't to bad but the hubby did not care for the meatloaf. I was okay with it but not something I'll be making again. The rest of the week I tried to make sure was more healthier but still had meat with it.

Yesterday we had the left over Blk Bean meatloaf, with roasted sweet potato and grilled vegetables (veg's did not turn out right, I think it was the oven temp). For tonight it will be left over Beef Stew and I will add Barley to it with cornbread. Then I still need to figure something else out for the week, I'm trying to work up to 2 or 3 vegan meals a week. This is harder then I thought it would be, of course I'm not much of a cook and I try not to have left overs.

Isabella, I can relate to cleaning out Christmas decorations, that is something I need to do as well but I don't have anyone to give them to or a place of work for others. It's also hard to get rid of some of them because my mom gave them to me a long time ago and now she has been gone since 2010 and those are my memories but I'm not using them and they are just taking up space.

Debora, must be nice to have a youth group that still goes caroling, that was something I did enjoy when I would go as a kid but I haven't heard caroler's much less seen any in many many years. Well at least since I moved out here to the country.

I need to get ready to go, have some errands I need to do. Be safe, be healthy and talk later.

• isyvanek
    Hi Ladies, It's been a busy day. I talked to my friend Grace in FL for about 45 min. Then went to do my usual shopping. I also went to Ralphs to get some canned goods and other non perishables such as peanut butter & jam to donate to our food drive at church. I made us roast beef sandwiches for lunch when I got home. They were delicious! I think I'll make corn chowder for dinner tonight unless hubby isn't up for it. I'll be working all week but that's fine with me.

Our governor re-instituted the mask mandate for all indoor activities including grocery shopping so I had to wear a mask today. Ugh!!!

Debora, you were busy as usual but sounds like fun for the most part.

Tammy, they tell me it gets easier cooking vegan. There are tons of good websites to go to for ideas and suggestions.

OK, I'm going to go outside and enjoy some sunshine. Have a great blessed week. And have a wonderful Merry Christmas in case I don't get back here in time.
  • arobed53
    It has been a busy week. Tuesday was the Fesper at church. It’s an event put on for those 70 and older (or married to someone that old). The them was advent. There was a nice program and then we had soup (3 kinds to choose from) and pies (I had chocolate). From there I went to Good News Club. Wednesday morning was Bible study and nursery in the evening. We had no kids but I had a box of cookbooks out so we put the dividers in. Now I just have to do the corrections. I’ve also been working on the treasurer’s books for our women’s group and have it almost ready to turn in.
    Thursday was when we saw our cardiologist, visited friends in that town and I wnt and worked with my friend so another full day. Friday we did our ususal errands and went to a memorial service in the afternoon. Also, on Thursday was when my xBIL passed away from covid. It was too much for him. He has been ready to go but this is hard on his kids. He was here for Thanksgiving so we did get to see him recently.
    Today was all at home. I’m doing hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner tomorrow so didn’t bake anything but I did quite a bit of online shopping for gifts. Not done but a lot further along. I also got the nativity set up – very simple but I like to have it look a little decorated with the Youth Group comes caroling. I don’t know that next week will be much less busy but time will tell.

Tammy, sounds like you are getting the vegan meals off to a good start. You could always take pictures of the ornaments from your mom before you let them go. But hang on to them till you ready.
    We actually ended up getting left of the list so had no carolers come to our house. That was disappointing. Our Youth Group divides into 3 groups and goes to wherever those 70 and over live – nursing homes, aounnd the countryside, different towns. They cover a lot of miles but it’s a fun time too.

Isabella, going out to enjoy the sunshine sounds nice. We had sunshine and nice days earlier in the week so I didn’t need a coat during the day. Wednesday was extra, extra windy and today we didn’t even get up to 32. Nice for the good visit with your friend. Phone calls are nice. I just finished talking to my oldest sister. I’ve called her almost every week since you went back home after she broke and neck and was up here for surgery and rehab. She is at home 99% of the time now so not a lot to talk about but she seems to enjoy the calls.

Enjoy your week and have a Merry Christmas.
  • tlspindor
    Good Monday morning, Isabella, when this all first started our Governor did a mask mandate and and so did our county judge, there where times that I wouldn't wear one and no one never said anything to me, then I would wear one but I kept my nose uncovered and still no one said anything. I did try to keep a 6 ft distant sometimes but the way I see it is that our GOD and the Constitution gives me the right to choose what is right for me and my body. Any who I better not go there, everyone must do what they feel is right for themselves. I'm so sorry that he has chosen to back down that path. Stay safe and follow your GOD given health.

Debora, we just hit our first 28 degree low temp Saturday morning, so we had some frost on the ground. It was kind of nice to get a little taste of winter, but I like it better when our lows are around 40 and high's are in the low 60's for winter. I do not like cold weather.

Well I made a butternut squash sauce with spaghetti the other night and the hubby ate about half of what he had on his plate, found out that he does not care for butternut squash sauce, so my next adventure is going to be a vegan stuffed bell pepper, hope he likes it.

Well got to go to get some propane, talk later and have a very Merry Christmas and many Blessing to you.
  • tlspindor
    edited December 2021
    Just checking in, Christmas was quite, had a nice time at our nieces on Christmas eve. Christmas Day I made a small turkey with dressing, gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes, potato salad and a dinner roll. It was just the 2 of us here so didn't need a whole lot of left over food.

I hope everyone had a enjoyable and good time with your friends and family on Christmas.

The hubby has decided that a whole vegan dinner is not for him so I will have to find our balance through other ways. I made a vegan stuffed Red Bell Pepper and a small salad last night for dinner, I liked it but he did not so much. He did say that it was better than the Black Bean Meatloaf & The Butternut Sauce over Spaghetti. I guess I need to get my NM Balance book out and see what meals are in there that he might enjoy.

Take Care and Have a Happy New Year. See you in 2022.
    GOD Bless You All.
  • tlspindor
    Happy New Year NM Peeps... :) How did you spend your New Years Eve & Day? Ours was really quite, nothing exciting happened, stayed home and listened to other shooting off fireworks NY Eve. I have a phone interview on 1/4 for a temporary job. At least it's a start. Talk later.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, Happy New Year! God's blessings for 2022!!! We had a nice quite Christmas weekend. Christmas eve and the day after Christmas were really nice. Christmas day was a little rough. Hubby always has a hard time on Christmas. His memories are not very good. I made a large tray of lasagna as usual. It was good. I froze portions so we'll be eating it again in the next few months.

For New Years eve I picked up some meatball subs from our favorite place then we watched a Hallmark movie called Sugar Plum Twist. It was really cute. Had a latino flair. Afterward we were flipping channels and caught a Thin Man movie with Myrna Loye and William Powell on TCM. I don't know if you've ever seen any of them but they are always entertaining. So we had a really nice New Years eve and were in bed by 11. New Years day I made a small beef roast with mashed potatoes and green beans. And we watched another movie. This one was a 70's war movie called A Bridge Too Far. We should have known better with a 70's movie. Oh well. Can't win them all. Today I went to the movies with a new friend and saw the remake of Westside Story. Still a very powerful story. Now I'm cooking dinner and catching up with you. :)

Debora, you're keeing busy as usual. Sorry that the carolers didn't come by. I think I would have loved that. Happy to hear that you are calling your sister even tho there isn't that much to talk about. I know she appreciates it. I call my brother every day which makes it tough to find things to talk about sometimes but I know it means a lot to him.

Tammy, we are like minded concerning the masks, and mandates, etc. Sorry to hear that the vegan meals aren't going so well. I have a few recipes. Here is one that is always a big hit with vegetarians and meat eaters alike. It is vegetarian but not vegan because it has cheese in it. I'll post it here. Let me know if you try it.

FABULOUS EGGPLANT VEGGIE GRATIN

Prep time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
    Makes 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
    ½ cup olive oil; divided
    1 medium onion, chopped
    6 cloves garlic, minced and divided
    2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) Italian ready-cut peeled tomatoes
    ¼ cup (or 6 oz. can) tomato paste
    2 Tblsp. chopped fresh basil
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    2 eggplants (1 lb. each) cut into ½” thick slices (I prefer it peeled)
    1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
    1 box (10 oz.) chopped frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry (I use 2 bags fresh spinach)
    1 cup chopped prepared roasted red bell peppers (I buy a jar at Trader Joe’s and chop them)
    1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
    2 cups (8 oz.) grated dry jack cheese
    2 Tblsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
    Add any other seasonings/herbs you like (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Marinara Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat 2 Tblsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add 3 cloves garlic, sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and paste; bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper (and any other herbs you choose); set aside.
    Eggplant: Brush eggplant slices with ¼ cup oil (or spray if you have an oil sprayer). Place on parchment paper on baking sheets; bake for 20 minutes; set aside. Raise oven temperature to 375° F.
    Mushroom/Spinach mixture: in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tblsp. oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. Add spinach, bell peppers and remaining 3 cloves garlic; sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
    Construction: Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9” X 13” baking pan. Top with half of eggplant slices, 1 ½ cups sauce, half of the mushroom/spinach mixture, ½ lb. mozzarella and 1 cup dry jack cheese. Repeat layers. Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and cheeses are melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley.

Tip: This dish can be served as your main course, or as a hearty side dish.

OK, take care ladies! Happy New Year and God's blessings to you all for 2022!
  • tlspindor
    Thanks for the recipe Isabella, I saved it for later. I hope everyone's new year has started out right.

I have great news I have a job interview on Monday at 2:30 pm for a Administrator Assistant it's a temporary position for 3 or 4 months but at least it's something. So say a prayer that I get it.

Have an awesome weekend and I'll let you all know after Monday or as soon as I find out if I get the job or not.
  • arobed53
    Hello all, I have thought about you a lot – just not taken the time to check in and for not good reason (will be checking in this week to hear about Tammy's interview). It’s a new year now and I’m getting done with several projects so maybe I’ll get back into the swing of things. Christmas was good. All the kids were here on the 23rd. We had pizza, good snacks for the evening and a good time. Ralph read the Christmas story and then we enjoyed watching each one open their gifts. All the things I ordered (in the two previous weeks) but one made it. Everyone headed home about 8:30 cause kids were tired. Christmas Day we went to our service at church and then enjoyed a quiet day. It was nice to do just what we wanted. Then we had the usual bunch here on the 26th. I did frozen lasangas and did 3 of them Had enough left for us for the next week. I would have been smart to freeze some. That evening we had the Claassen cousins get-together. It was not a large group but had some good visiting and snacking.
    Derek and Lindsey moved into their new house on the 20th so the 27th I kept the two boys so she could do some settling in. Having them about 10 miles closer is nice. Jan. 2 was my side of the family’s Christmas. We meet at our church and again I ordered pizza and they all bring sides and snacks. There were about 35 of us. We do a food gift exchange and the cousins have some good fun. They really look forward to it.
    This past Wednesday I went to Bible study and was so tired at the end I came home and slept two hours. My husband was so “sweet”, he waited till I woke up so I could fix his lunch. Turned out I also was running a fever and chilled a bit. Slept off and on all day and then slept all night. My temp did get up to 100.4. That’s not terrible high but for the vaccine study we are in, it triggers them to have you come in and get tested so I did and we are still waiting on the results. Their place is taking 5-10 days so I’ll be over it before I find out I have it if I do. I have felt fine every day since then but we’ve stayed home or at least away from people. So no one was here for dinner today.
    Our women's group at church didn't meet cause of very cold weather and snow. Then we had a warm day and it all melted so we continue to have weather that jumps up and down. I always liket i when the sun comes out.
    Tomorrow night is 4-H so I’ll have a zoom meeting set up. And I’ll go unlock and set-up and my daughter can lock up. Yesterday I finally went through my trash from Christmas. One granddaughter couldn’t find a doll top she had gotten. Fortunately, I found it in the top half of the first bag. She’ll be happy to get it. No Sunday leftover to use this week so planning some soups and scrambled eggs cause Ralph has had quite a few cracked eggs (more than I can keep up with with my breakfast).

Isabella, calling your brother every day is nice. It would be hard to have new things to say. Although my one sister and I can get texts going back and forth. Just depends on the day. I’d love to be able to try your lasagna.

Tammy, I’m sure you’ll find the right vegan foods. Something new takes time. At least your hubby tries them all. That’s exciting about your interview tomorrow Will be praying it goes well. I know they should hire you.

Will say good night and get my list made for tomorrow so I know what to get ready for 4-H. Have a great week.