Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    HI all, it is cool and drizzley today but that's ok with me. It's supposed to get up into the 90's by the end of the week. Sheesh! Went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts at 8am. So nice. I also got gas at Costco $5.29 for regular & $5.49 for premium. I was able to pull right up to the pump without waiting in line so that was nice. We had eggs for breakfast when I got back then I had a couple of lengthy telephone conversations. And now I'm fiddling around on the internet a bit and talking to you all. :)

My friend Jami is a bit better. She can now move around freely although slowly. She is thinking that this might be the right time to retire. She doesn't really see herself able to return to work. Her MRI showed that it wasn't a stroke so at least that is good news. They are going to send her to an ENT next and re-visit the meniere's desease possibility. Another friend suggested it might be related to a spinal problem. I suggested she ask her doctor about it.

Tammy, sorry the job isn't going as well as you had hoped. I agree, hang in there for a bit until the store opens and see how things go. Hopefully they will improve.

Debora, I'm sure you are super busy as always.

OK, gonna go have lunch with hubby. Have a great week all.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hello on a beautiful sunny day of a week with very interesting weather. Tuesday got up to 84. It cooled down and rained that evening and night. Wednesday was cool all day and windy. Thursday we woke up to snow on the ground (not on the roads though). It snowed till about 10 and then by 1 it was almost all melted. They say in Kansas to wait awhile and the weather changes. That was sure true this week.
    Nothing too wild went on this week. I had Monday at home so again worked on one time jobs. They weren’t as short so didn’t do as many but it is nice to finish some. Ralph went to a place with a bunch of books he could look through and take what he wanted and he filled up the trunk. But I’m not allowing more books in the house. So we got the okay to use one room at church for him to sort and box up books so they got unloaded there. Tuesday was Good News Club. Little boy I sit with had an accident. Fortunately, not too much in his pants but had to clean up. He handled it well. Wednesday was Bible study and nursery in the evening. Thursday I had PT. She’s going to request we do 3 more months since things are better. That’s fine but it does take time. Also got together with 7 of my Flylady friends – such a good time of visiting and a good bagel too (cinnamon crunch).
    I planned to go to Willing Workers in the evening. I did help set-up and clean-up but left in-between to go say good-by to foster grandson. Thursday morning he had a court day and grandma from western Nebraska came. First she ahd met Jorday but court awarded her custody and I suppose the distance was why they said she could take him the next day. So they had one night to say their good bys and pack up his stuff. They had Jordan for 7 months (almost 3 years old) so wasn’t easy to do. And I’m sure the day was hard on Jordan when he didn’t get to see any of his familiar faces. Life is not always easy.
    Friday morning was the usual errands and the evening was the Praise and Celebration Banquet at the school Ralph and the kids attended. Good visiting, a delicious meal and the speaker was good It was fun. Today I’ve been at home. Brownies are baking right now and rolls will as soon as they come out. We have one more meal of taco salads and then plenty of dishes to wash.

Isabella, congrats on the lost 20 lbs. Hope they stay gone. Glad you had a relaxing weekend. Sure sorry to hear about Jamie’s vertigo attack. Hope she gets over it and doesn’t have more.
    “Party in a carton” I like that. Right now he is just getting brown and white eggs mostly. Chicks start laying at around 16 weeks so it will be awhile. Still have the youngest chicks in the house. They are slow about getting their feathers but he did clean the box up good today. Alan and Clark came over and got the one chickenhouse cleaned out today so now Ralph can get the chickens moved before we are gone for a couple of days next week.

Tammy, I didn’t think about you having to go to another store for training. Nice that you can ride with someone. And your hours will be different for this. Plus you’re learning new things. I would not like working on Easter either. It always takes time to get used to a new job. Hubby is having to wait on meals now. And you come home tired. Adjustments.
    Glad to hear the blackberry bushes are doing good.

Sheryl, hope things are going okay.

Have a good week.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, Did my usual early shopping at Trader Joe's and Sprouts. Also went to Target and Jimbo's. Got home and put everything away then relaxed for about a half hour before Dan and I met my friend and co-worker Pam at our favorite restaurant Hamburger Factory. Pam is the gal I am training to take over my position. She wanted to thank Dan for letting me work another month or two so she can get more complete training on everything I do so she treated us to lunch. We had a really good time. Tomorrow I am going to the graduation of a woman in our bible study group who just completed a year long trauma recovery program for women who were sex trafficked. So proud of her for completing the program! Right after graduation she is returning to her husband and children in Boston so this will be the last time I see her.

Debora, So glad you got to fellowship with your fly ladies. Always a good time. Praise & Celebration banquet sounds like it was really enjoyable too. Very happy to hear that your PT is getting results. Another 3 months sounds like a good idea even tho it is a time commitment. Very sad that everyone had to say goodbye to foster grandson Jordan. Very sad. I pray that God blesses and protects him and heals your families hearts. Take comfort in doing God's work in blessing and protecting the least of these.

Tammy and Sheryl hope all is well.

Have a blessed week everyone!
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Good Monday Morning,

Well last Tuesday would have started my second week but, after some weekend thoughts I decided that, that job was just not right for me, so I quit and am on the hunt again. I noticed that a few people did not follow proper food handling procedures which bothered me, plus they also did not follow a few other procedures when it came to asking to see ID. I know when you can tell if folks are over 21 but you were suppose to ask for their date of birth and ID, but instead they would just enter their birthday in place of the customers. Which is wrong and I believe in following procedures, no I did not say anything to my manager just didn't want to get them in trouble because their manager was allowing it. So I felt it was best just to apologies for taking up their time and that the job was not right for me.

Not sure what I'm going to do now, just hope that GOD will provide me with another job or maybe I'm just suppose to stay home. Lots of soul searching needs to be done here.

Debora, it is always a sad day when a distant relative gets custody of a child they just met but the courts have always tried to place young children with family members, especially since that child has been fostered for 7 months. That cinnamon crunch bagel sounds pretty tasty, I like bagels but my waist line doesn't - haha... :) A little more time with PT will help the body, just don't push it to hard, your body needs time to heel.
    So does Ralph read all those books and does he give them to the church library once he is done with them?

Isabella, sounds like you and Dan had a real nice lunch with your co-worker in training. As for the women who just had such a traumatic event being trafficked, I just can not image what she went through. I pray that GOD will continue to heal her heart and mind, it's good to hear that she is able to go home now.

Well all I've got tot go and get some shopping done. Talk later, be safe, stay healthy and GOD Bless you all, that includes you too Sheryl.

<3
  • arobed53
    Last week was a full one. I had PT on Monday, Good News Club on Tuesday. Wednesday was Bible study in the morning. Then late afternoon was picking up two granddaughters to take to 4-H Council. Hubby went along so he could wash the car and fill up with gas. We ate at McDonalds. Dropped the oldest one at her ambassador meeting and then went to Dillons. Paige pushed the cart for me got things from the low shelves. She also got to choose the candy she wanted for her birthday and then we pretended she didn’t know I got it. I was buying stuff for Sunday dinner mostly so told Paige to see if she could figure out what we were having. Got done and she and I went to Council meeting. Shortly after we sat down I realized Lucy wasn’t there. I figured she went to the bathroom. She was gone for a long time so went to check on her. Turns out she couldn’t get out of the bathroom (heard her sniffling a bit wondering if anyone would come). 4-H agent tried her keys that didn’t work so had to call custodial for the building. When the person came, she told Lucy to pull on the door knob (logic is to push) and she was able to get out. But I realized I had been talking to the wrong door and we tried to unlock the wrong door – shows how much we all use that bathroom. :) Glad we checked on her and she handled it well.
    Thursday we headed 5 hours away with two of my sisters to go see our oldest sister. It was her 85th birthday. Took a cake and candles. Took her out for pizza in the evening. One sister trimmed her rose bush. I made her the crustless pumpkin pie she likes. We helped her learn how to listen to her voicemail but after we left she found out we somehow also messed something up so she couldn’t get or make calls. Fortunately, her granddaughter, after some work, was able to get it back to working. Guess I won’t touch her phone again although I didn’t think I didn’t anything strange as my other sisters didn’t either. Friday about noon, we ate three different desserts, froze the rest for her, talked some more and headed down the road about 1:20. Younger sister had hoped to organize her more but it was her first visit. Barb did not want anything done and it’s her place. She knows where most things are. She can’t lift much or carry much so keep things close by. Younger sister wanted to be home by 6 to go to a church service and we just did it. We made one stop on the way for bathroom and for Ralph to look at chicks (as did the rest of us). After we dropped off sister, we ate at Wendy’s, got gas and got other sister to her car and her hour drive got her just home before dark. It was nice to go but nice to be at home too.
    Saturday I browned my ground beef, cut up olives and onions, baked and “decorated” the cake and put on the birthday tablecloths. Sunday I spend Sunday School holding one boy who was there for the first time and “eating” lots of food from the play kitchen. Then after chuch, Ralph didn’t hurry so I felt rushed when I got home. I was filling up my relish trays (4 of them) with all the taco stuff. Lori sent Paige over to help and all at once she finally figured out what we were having for dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal, we sang to the 4 birthday people and they opened their gifts and soon all but Thomas were headed home. He had brought his ripe bananas so we could make banana bread. Tried a three ingredient recipe so he’ll have to let me know how it is. He’s taking it to a Bible study Tuesday evening. Tonight is 4-H so I’ve spent time getting ready for it. We’re meeting in the gym since a visitation for a church member is going on in the area we usually meet in. Life stays interesting for us.
    4-H went well. We went early enough so I could stop in and give the wife of the man a hug. The other club had to drive quite a ways and a good number came. Lots of faces I didn’t know. And Ralph got through some more boxes of books. Tammy, he does skim a lot of them. They are more books to go to Africa. We always used to keep them at the house but the amount keeps growing.

Isabella, sounds like a fun lunch with Pam. Nice of her to thank Dan. Glad you got to go to the graduation. Are you thinking about what all you’ll do when you aren’t working anymore?

Tammy, best to stop if there are things that make you uncomfortable. Good luck with the job hunt if you decide God wants you to continue it.

Have a good week, everyone. Hope all is okay with you Sheryl.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning All, as you already know, I have not checked in regularly as I had hoped. Still trust I can remedy that, if I just take a moment each day...

I'm still sleeping, A LOT, if I'm not asleep, I'm thinking of going to sleep, ha ha
    I am loving Spring, I think I appreciate it more this year than ever before. I had a couple of weeks that I woke up to clear blue skies and bright sun, opened all the windows to let in crisp fresh air and curled up in the recliner with a throw and slept some more. So restful. Very surprised yesterday, woke up to snow (about 2"-3" already on the ground and still coming down all morning) so had the perfect excuse to stay home and take it easy. I'm so thankful that I didn't have an appointment scheduled.

I've gone through a battery of tests and scans to try to solve my breathing problem. Good news is nothing is wrong, lungs are clear, heart is good, last CT scan showed improvement regarding cancer. Bad news is, they can't find what is causing the shortness of breath and chest pain. I joked with the technician and doctor that I am truly "retired" and can't do any work, but I would really like to get back outside and mow the lawn and trim the bushes.

I visit John when I can, but not as much as I thought I would right now. He seems to be settled in at Creekside. I am so happy he is there and being well taken care of. They are an answer to prayer.

Isabella, sounds like a good compromise to your retirement, a couple more months and some extra money. I remember Elaine counting down the days to retirement and then stating she was so busy that she didn't know how she had time to go to work. My sister, Norma, said the same thing. I'm sure you will also discover you have so much to fill your time and spend with Dan.

Tammy, I'll pray that God leads you to the perfect job or gives you peace about staying home.

Debora, I am always amazed at how much you can pack into your day/week. How wonderful, I pray for you also, doing so much for others and caring so deeply for your family, that's quite a schedule you keep.

I have another round of chemo tomorrow. This is my fourth treatment this year, scheduled for six and the next CT scan will determine how many more.

I'm going to get something to eat and nap again.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good afternoon, I stopped by here before fixing my lunch. I keep thinking that I should start logging all my food again, but haven't quite gotten to that point yet. After I eat, I head back to sleep and don't log.

Wednesday chemo went smoothly and as soon as I got home (was gone 9 am til 3 pm) I had some soup and went to bed. Yesterday, I also either stayed in bed or was in the recliner. Today, I'm achy, which is typical for day 3 and 4 after chemo. I don't think I'll visit John til Monday or Tuesday.

I'm hungry and will check in tomorrow.
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, Happy Good Friday! I took today off for Good Friday and also to use up some vacation time. It has been a really nice day. I read for a while then Dan and I went to lunch to a new Asian Fusion restaurant that opened where our favorite Greek restaurant used to be. The food was very clean and tasty and the service was impeccable. We really enjoyed it. Then we went to Big 5 to get him some new "house shorts" and went for a short drive. I spent the rest of the day sitting outside to read my book. I'm reading a book called 50 words for rain. It's about a Japanese girl who is half African American in 50's Japan. Very interesting and a real page turner.

Tomorrow I'll do my usual shopping then I have a hair cut at noon. Might pick up something for dinner although we already ate out today. We'll see. Not planning anything special for Easter. I'm going to make chicken cacciatore.

Debora, you had a very busy week as usual. Taco bar for dinner was a great idea. People always seem to enjoy that. You should be very proud of Lucy for keeping it together so well while being locked in the bathroom. I would not have tought to pull on the doorknob either. Your time with your sisters sounds really nice.

Tammy, sorry the job didn't work out. It is wise to seek the Lord's leading on whether to go back to work. I'll pray for wisdom and direction.

Sheryl, so very happy to hear from you. Glad they didn't find anything wrong with your lungs and heart and that the last CT scan showed improvement with the cancer. Will pray that they find out what is causing the shortness of breath and that the chemo will be easily entreated and successful. Rest as much as you need to and drop in whenever you can. Enjoy the spring weather as crazy as it can be! :)

Well all, Happy Easter and God's blessings to all of you!
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, did my usual shopping today. Spent a ton of money at Sprouts because they had their 20% off plus an extra 10% when you spend over $100 so I got 30% off. I really stocked up.

We had a landscaper come and tidy up our slope again and plant more ground cover. He did a nice job. Hope it really takes off.

My work had a retirement lunch for me yesterday because they wanted to make sure they were able to celebrate me before I left. It was very nice. They ordered 2 huge trays of lasagna and a huge tray of antepasta salad. A couple of division managers from other divisions came down to join us. It was good to see them. I was also given several gift cards to restaurants. And many kind words were spoken. My boss also gave me a lovely glass award for 20 yrs of excellence. Made me cry. There were lots of leftovers to take home too.

Tomorrow I am getting together with a couple friends for lunch so that will be really nice too.

Well, hope all is well with you all. Take care.
  • arobed53

Today it is windy – very windy – has been since last evening – going outside is work. Just listening to it tiring. :) And I’ve been hearing some thunder so maybe rain is on the way. But it has been warmer. Think I only wore my coat one morning – otherwise a jacket or sweater. So it’s a change. My week didn’t have anything big and exciting. I had Monday at home and again worked on things I could get out of the way. Tuesday we had an appoint with the vaccine research deal we are on – basically drew more blood. Then Good News Club was in the afternoon. Wednesday was Bible study (always good and we figured out what book to do next and I got them ordered that night) and church in the evening. We ended up with no kids so the two of us workers had a nice visit. Thursday morning was PT. Then we went in so I could work with my friend in the afternoon. Friday was the usual errands. We also got our eyes checked and mine had changed enough that I have new glasses coming. I was able to get the same frame but a different color. Today we went to a recital for two of the granddaughters – one on the violin and one on the piano (refreshments were really good) and on the way home went to a memorial service outside but the tent helped the wind not be so bad. It started with a small military part – taps and presentation of a flag. I don’t know how those guys can stand so still and move so precisely. The man had died two years ago in Texas but this was when it finally worked to bring his ashes up. We were the only ones there beside family but the man’s children were so happy to see Ralph. Tomorrow is just Alan’s family and Thomas. I did an easy meal since we were gone all afternoon so not much more to do. And a treat for tomorrow is going to a play with a granddaughter.
    Didn’t realize I didn’t drop in last week. Big event was on the 16th, our Bible study helped pull off a surprise party for one of our members. Her 75th birthday was the 17th. We told her we were doing something for her on the 16th since we haven’t done much celebrating and she fell for it. We met her at church, put her in a wheel chair so she could see in the doorways and took her down to where we were meeting. We had a table set up with cookies and flowers and I had trail mix too. We were having a good time vsiting when her family, nieces, nephews and church family came walking in. The look on her face was priceless. And Easter went well. Everyone was here and one friend of Alan’s from their church. The morning was comical cause I was told Jeremiah couldn’t come so set the table that way. Then got a text he could so rearranged. Then Alan called and asked if friend could come so he got the 24th spot. We had plenty of food and they all left me some of the leftovers so I didn’t
    have to cook much. I only did the deviled eggs, dinner rolls and ham. And after we got to church I remembered I had forgotten to put the ham in the oven so had to run back home to fix that. Sure glad I remembered. Derek and I hid the eggs for the grandkids and then I have 1 egg I hide for each of the adults – with a bit more money. It’s all fun.
    Doctor wants to keep Ralph on the expensive blood thinner another three months so tried to get it Friday. Insurance won’t let us have it till the 27th – the day we need it so will have to make a special trip to town so trying to set up lunch with a friend and maybe a haircut – it’s is needed.

Sheryl, sorry they couldn’t find a reason for breathing problem. It’s good that nothing seems to be wrong. Glad the John has settled in okay where he is at. And it’s nice you can sleep when you need to. Glad the chemo went okay and you know how to handle yourself after you have.it. Waiting to visit John sounds good.

Isabella, smart to stock up at Spouts with a discount like that. The Sprouts here went out of business. I didn’t go often but now won’t at all. :) What a nice retirement lunch they had for you. So nice that they showed their appreciation. Nice to have the slope fixed up.

Tammy, hope all is going well for you.

Have a good week everyone.
  • arobed53
    Well, this week started out calmly enough. I was home Monday and finally got the treasurer more got up. Still need to make a good copy but the rest of the year is easy until December.
    Tuesday was Good News Club. It was a small group but went well. Wednesday morning was Bible study. We finished our study on Esther and handed out the next book – Judges/Ruth. We stayed with the same author. Her style works well with us. Wednesday was our last class time so before it we have a hot dog roast. Lots of wind so the hot dogs were grilled and we ate inside. It was hot dogs, chips, fruit salad, baked beans and cookies. Just a fun time and then everyone went to their classes. Thursday Ralph had an appointment with his regular heart doctor – just to see how he is doing. Then I had PT and it was my last one. She hopes I’ll keep on with the exercises and improve more but not with her. That is okay. I have seen improvement and plan to keep doing them but will gain back three hours (or more) at home. The evening was Willing Workers. Our speaker was good. So wish more would come but we each get to choose.
    Friday morning was our usual errands. I renewed the expensive blood thinner and thankfully, it didn’t cost quite as much this time. $600 is still a lot but way less than $900 in my mind. In the afternoon we went to Lucy’s track meet. She does the javelin, shot put and discus. Doesn’t place in the top but does her best and improved her PR in two events. We headed out with her around 5 and dropped her off at home. The track meet was a strong hour drive for us. Then the weather went a bit crazy. We had more wind, some hail and tornadoes I the area. Matthew and Julie had one go over their house but all they had happened was debris left from it. They hunkered down in their bathroom – no baseent. There was damage done not too far away in the same town that had much worse damage 31 years ago almost to the day. Thankfully, there were no deaths and not too many injuries. Lucy heard that at the trackmeet everyone had to spend quite a bit of time in the gym so she was glad she had been able to leave. Today I’m at home. The house is straightened pretty much. I’m working on the rolls and have the salad and desert to do yet and carrots to peel and cut up. It will happen.
    All is done and I’m ready to head for bed. Hope all is well for all of you.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! Had a nice day yesterday. Did my usual shopping, had a waffle with peanut butter and preserves for breakfast then Dan and I sat outside. I read my book and he worked on his brain puzzles. I did laundry but other than that it was a lazy day and we enjoyed it. Today is church, a couple more small tasks then more laziness. :)

Debora, very happy to hear that the tornedo didn't harm you and your loved ones. Also happy to hear that the expensive blood thinner was cheaper this time. Judges/Ruth sounds like a great bible study. Who is the author?

Sheryl & Tammy, hope all is well with you both.

Have a blessed week all!
  • arobed53
    Hi, Ended up with only 13 or the 17 here for dinner so removed places as I found out. They all stayed a good while although Lori spent most of her time sleeping after they had been gone all day Saturday. We had church in the evening too so it was a full day. Monday continued rain. We went to a band concert in the evening and drove to it in heavy rain. Fortunately, it has slowed way down by the time we got to the place so were dry during the concert- unlike others. They had the younger kids play and then up to high school. All did well.
    Tuesday was the last Good News Club meeting. The party is this week and we’re done till next year. I had Monday at home and half of Tuesday and most of Wednesday so I keep trying to get things done that I can. Some days it seems like I make progress and others not. Wednesday was our Evening of pray (done on the eve of National Day of Prayer. So I did nursery one more time but all by myself. My regular went running to the nursery when she saw me Then I had a new one and it went okay. It is fun with another adult to visit with but the kids kept me busy.
    Thursday we went in to get lab work done and then I visited and worked with my friend. We only work for an hour now but I have more driving time. And this time we needed to head home for another bank concert. We also got ice cream at this one. The kids did a good job at it too and I knew more of the kids since there were some of our 4-Hers in in. So that was fun.
    Friday we went to town. I got my new glasses and also managed to get my hair cut. So much easier to wash now. I don’t know if I look better but it feels good to me. I got stuff we bought in town put away quickly since Alan’s kids were coming at 4 so their parents could have a date. All the rain meant Alan was not in the field and we got 2-4 inches of rain altogether. So I fed the kids and we watched domino masters where people build a scene all with dominoes and then you watch them fall.
    Today was at home and doing stuff for Sunday. I mixed up meatloaf for tomorrow, made breadsticks, did mashed potatoes that I’ll heat up in the crockpot tomorrow and made no bake cookies. Did dishes three times so the loads weren’t so big. In the morning I’ll need to set the table and get all the crockpots going. We’ll see how many actually make it tomorrow. :)

Isabella, a lazy relaxing day is nice. Sounds very enjoyable. What kind of brain puzzles does Dan like to do? I enjoy Soduku but on the hard ones, I usually peek at the answers and fill a line or two in. The author of our Bible Study is Elizabeth George. Is this your last month of work?
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, Happy Mother's day! Even if some of us don't have children we have mothered people along the way (especially husbands!) ;) We are having a cooler week. It is very nice. I did my usual shopping yesterday and also went to the farmer's market to get some honey and also found some really nice chard. Came home and swept the floors then Dan and I sat outside. I started a new book by Dick Francis and am half way through it already. We had canned soup for dinner which I added some veggies to. We also had toast with it so it was a nice simple meal. Today I'm going to make chile lime chicken which I bought already marinated at Sprouts. Hope it's good. I'll serve it along with broccoli and rice.

Debora, Sounds like you had a very nice week. How are your glasses? Did you need some time to get used to them? I never did before but I did this time. Dan's brain puzzle book is a thick book of different types of puzzles. He likes the math and logic puzzles the most - doesn't care much for the word puzzles. The plan right now is for me to retire the first or 2nd week of June. We'll see how it goes. I definitely don't want to stay past June.

Have a blessed week all!
  • isyvanek
    Good morning all, I'm getting an early start this morning. It is supposed to be 90 degrees today. I'm going to do my usual shopping and also go to Ralph's for some items I can't get at the usual stores like laundry detergent. Then I'll probably sit outside and read. Maybe do a chore or two. We'll see. :)

Dan had a REALLY nice birthday Thursday. He said it was one of the best ever. We really didn't do anything special. We went to Barnes & Noble to use a gift certificate a girl at work gave me. I got a couple novels and he got a couple brain puzzle books. One was called Challenging Sudokus. Then we went to lunch at the Hamburger Factory. Came home and sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We didn't think we'd be hungry again after a large lunch but around 5pm Dan said he was hungry and since it is his birthday he wanted to order pizza so we did. :) Then we watched a hallmark movie and went to bed.

OK everyone, have a wonderful week!
  • arobed53
    Hi, turned on the ac last Sunday for when the kids were here and it has been on since. We’ve had some hot days. We didn’t have many days of spring. Ha. Monday we had an appointment which got cancelled but still needed to go to town to buy the food for the Good News Party. So we did that in the morning and spent the afternoon getting ready for 4-H and then went to 4-H. It was a good meeting. And more people were there cause some baseball games got cancelled.
    Tuesday was our Good News Club party so got things together for it. I chilled the pop. Ralph went too. He was “in charge” of chicks Glenda had just hatched and they were inside this year so he enjoyed the ac. We broiled the hot dogs and the kids enjoyed eating after playing hard. They even walked over to the farm to see a bucket calf and another mom brought some lambs. Parents came at 6 for dessert and the kids sang some of our songs for them. We left then for Maggie’s kindergarten graduation. They sang songs about 30 minutes and then got their diplomas. It was cute watch the superintendent show which hand to hold the diploma in so they could shake his hand. And they had a fun reception with lots of cookies. We stopped by Glenda’s on the way home to get our stuff and had ice cream with them so a very full evening.
    Wednesday morning we started our new Bible study. It seems like it will be a little more work but that’s not necessarily bad. I had an appointment in the afternoon so went to it and then went to the thrift stores and was successful in finding a pair of jeans. On the way home we ate at Burger King which was fun and nice not to have to fix anything when we got home.
    Thursday we went in so I could work with my friend. We always have a good time together. Friday was our regular shopping and the list was short so got home and had time to get things put away before eating. Then I took care of getting the house straightened for Sunday. Today we went to a graduation and then to a couple of receptions. Since we were going a lot, I planned a meal with not too much do ahead work – just had to cut the watermelon, onions and get the drink to the fridge. I’ll do the pill after 8 when the alarm goes off for taking the evening pills. Tomorrow will be a full day. I’m teaching SS and then church, kids here two more receptions and an evening at church. Enjoy your weekend and week.

Isabella, your weekends sound relaxing. Glad Dan enjoyed his day so much. Good for to get books. You’ll have lots of reading time soon. Math I would enjoy. Hope he enjoys the challenging sudokus (I’m more the easy kind). I’m with you. All women seem to mother someone and husbands probably the most at times. :) Do you sit outside and read even when it’s 90. I do most of my reading at mealtime so do it while sitting at the table. That’s when Ralph watches the shows he has taped.

Sheryl and Tammy, hope things are going okay for you.
  • arobed53
    Happy Anniversary Dan and Isabella. Enjoy your special day.
  • isyvanek
    Aw, thanks SO much for remembering our anniversary Debora!!

It has been a really good day so far. I did my usual shopping plus 2 other stores - Ralph's and Jimbo's. Spent lots of money! Things have gone up a bit! Plus I needed pricier things like laundry detergent. Also got some meats like ground beef and chicken. Both up at least $1 per lb if not more. Well the way I look at it is as long as I can get the items I'm OK. We'll see how it goes. I'm guessing meats are a tad cheaper in your areas?

I started one of my new books I bought last week. It is a thriller called "The Woman at the Window". I'll let you know how it is.

We plan to go to Carver's Steak house for dinner tonight. MY co-workers gave us a $300 gift certificate so we can order ANYTHING we want and still have money left over. I plan on getting filet mignon. We don't eat steak very often - maybe a couple times a year so this will be a real treat for us. The nice thing about this restaurant is that you don't have to get all dressed up. We can go in jeans. When we get home we'll probably watch a hallmark movie.

Debora, sounds like you've had some fun days. Amazing that it is so warm already. We've been having fairly mild weather again. It will only get up to around 70 degrees today and will be around 80 degrees all week here. Yes, I do go outside and read even if it is 90 but only if there is some sort of breeze and it is not too humid. Otherwise I'll go out earlier or later.

OK, I'm going to get on with our anniversary. Have a blessed week all!
  • isyvanek
    Hi all, did my usual shopping at Trader Joe's and Sprouts. Got started a little later than usual because I got a call from my good friend in FL just as I was about to leave and we talked for about an hour. It is always worth it though. We really enjoy talking to eachother and are always on the same page about things. We had breakfast when I got home. I had a hair appt at 1pm then went to 99 cent store and Smart & Final for a few things afterward. I stopped for Jersey Mike's subs on the way home since we still have 2 gift certifates there. We enjoyed our subs as always. Dan and I did a crossword puzzle that came out of the Trader Joe's fearless flyer booklet together after we ate. It was fun.

I read a bit after that and now I'm here catching up. :)

I decided to definitely make July 1st my definite last day at work. I'm looking forward to it.

Our anniversary dinner was wonderul! It was SO nice not to have to think about money at all and just order anything and everything we wanted. We had 2 appetizers. Dan had the 10oz filet mignon and decided to try their french fried. I had the 8oz filet mignon with a baked potato. We got sherried mushrooms to go along with our meals as well. Since it was our anniversary they gave us a complimentary warmed cinnamon apple bread pudding (their specialty) with whipped cream on top. Even though we had plenty to eat this was too good to pass up! We enjoyed every bit of it!

Well hope all is well with you all. Happy Memorial Day! Let's remember and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
  • arobed53
    Hi all, Hope you had a good week. I have. I had Monday at home which I always like. I try and keep Mondays free for that reason. Tuesday I met with my Flylady friends for an hour at Panera. I enjoy visiting with 8 of them, at a cinnamon bagel, gained a large bag of t-shirts, more medicine bottles and got a cookbook sold to one of them. I had to leave to go pick up a friend and took her to another town where she had an appointment. It was to a town I don’t go to often so the scenery was a change and that was fun. We drvoe straight back home after the appointment and I came back home.
    Wednesday morning was Bible study. I led until our leader was able to get there. Would have been good to have my lesson done but we made it. :) Thursday I had a dentist appointment so I met the dentist who took over the practice of my one that retired. He was a nice enough guy but after I paid and looked at the bill later I was astounded at how much I paid for his 5 minutes. I want to look up what I paid 6 monhts ago and I may check around. Went and worked with my friend after that and then back home. Friday morning was our regular shopping. We were happy to see gas for $3.70 and then used our points on top of that. We also had a cool front come in so I opened windows in the afternoon and closed before bed. Opened them this morning and closed them quickly as it cooled it down good. Just 54 outside. Tonight we are going to a friend’s for supper. Their youngest daughter is headed for the air force Monday so it’s a going away thing. I’m to take a veggie tray so have that to get ready. I have the jello done for tomorrow, am working buttering the french bread and then will make the ecclair dessert. Not too hard.
    Well, I wrote all the above and then didn’t send it so will add to it. Everyone was here on Sunday and my meal was a hit. Only complaint was I didn’t bake dinner rolls but she survivied. We had a lot of dessert left – several didn’t take it so had dessert and other leftovers to take us through the week. That was nice since I spent every morning at the Community Bible School watching two kiddos (18 months and 2) in the nursery. As the week went on it was harder to leave mom but then they would settle down and play okay. 3 ½ hours is a long time to be away from mom day after day.
    We had rain starting Monday night and on – ended up with around 4 inches and barely made it up to 60 during the day. Country roads were slick but okay as long as I went slow. Friday when I was done with Bible School I came home and got hubby and we ate at Burger King and then did our shopping. The sun came out and warmed us up to 80. Today the wind came back. We went to a memorial service today and otherwise I’ve done stuff for Sunday. Kept it simple since we were gone a few hours. Waiting on hubby to put the clean eggs in cartons so I can put the meat on. Monday a friend and I plan to go to church and get the Sunday School papers for next quarter ready for their classes. We’ll enjoy our visiting as we work.

Isabella, glad you could spend time talking with your friend. The shopping still got done. Yes, everything is higher here. How it compares with you out there I don't know but I'd assume we're some lower. The other day I was looking at the credit card statement and couldn’t figure out why I two almost equal charges at Dillons on the same day. I finally realized one was a gas fill up. We’re still driving the same amount but filling up is more. I try and watch for sales. Ice cream was a good buy this week so got what we’ll need for the June birthdays and some for when Lori’s girls stay here during Bible School. Nice that you have chosen when your last day will be. That’s just a month away now. You’ll have to get more books to have around cause you’ll have more time to read.
    Your anniversary meal sounds amazing. What a fun evening celebrating the two of you.

Have a great week.