Which diet???

2»

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    You should bear in mind that a lot of what the popular diets e.g. SW, WW etc. tell you is unscientific and that their purpose as a business is to keep you coming to weigh-ins, not to help you lose weight as such.

So, read lots of advice from reputable sources, track your calories, track your exercise, plan your meals and voila, before you know it you will be losing weight. MFP is also great for tracking vitamins.

There are loads of good forum pages here on weight loss, and I also found this page really helpful:

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/weight-loss-guide/Pages/weight-loss-guide.aspx
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    no diet needed... just count the calories and eat less than maintenance levels.

?? Isn't that a definition of diet?

OP the best diet is the one that doesn't make you miserable. Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to limit certain foods, then just eat foods that keep you most satisfied while keeping you at a calorie deficit. Making yourself miserable is more likely to lead to failure.

no, a diet by society definitions means I am having to do something ridiculous which I don't... I eat ice cream if I want and I will have wine also.. not some fad book that tells me not to eat bread :) so no that is NOT the definition of diet by the way it is meant in the question...

Oh, I thought dictionaries gave us definitions, not society. My bad.