Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

State your recent gym resolutionist story for 2015

13»

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    I don't know why it was driving me nuts, but the other day, there were two teenage boys with their ripped up "muscle" shirts doing bench press in the squat rack. We have 1 squat rack and 2 bench presses. NO ONE was on either of the bench presses, but they insisted on using the 1 squat rack.

Luckily I was just warming up and they had moved on by the time I was ready to get going.

I really advocate for schools to start teaching Common Sense and Common Courtesy in the class rooms and take away Entitlement 101, you deserve it!

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    I go to the gym at 5:00 A.M.. Everyday the same 5 people are there. January 5th, about 5 newbs showed up. They came in for a few days the first week. A couple days the next week and BAM they're gone!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    G35GT wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a resolutionist thing or not but for some odd reason, my jumping rope elicts some stares. Maybe it's my boobs bouncing in my compression shirt.

I was going them (1 min sets) and then some guy on two separate occasions started going "air" jump rope or jumping jacks.

I know the feeling. not in a tight shirt though. It get to the point where people will notice the workout. In my experience. I have been jump roping for over a year.

also that 315 deadlift. My friend would say it is his warm up but I have easily seeing him deadlift

Like I can almost double overhead thumbless grip deadlift 315. Almost there.

You can almost do what with 315?

Like I can almost double overhead thumbless grip deadlift 315. Almost there.

Post a video of what you mean because you are bananas

perhaps *over hand*

Yeah, I'm thinking he means overhand because overhead is called a press or snatch. Only real big Oly lifters do 315 snatches!

Is double overhand a "thing"? Like something someone trains on purpose? I can see maybe switch the mixed over/under hands to the other side for balance?

If you are an Olympic lifter you will definitely train with that grip but with a hook grip since it's too hard to lift heavy otherwise.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    G35GT wrote: »
    Teens will be teens. But man 6-8 of them can tie up a bench for the entire night. 1 of them actually lifts, 3 of them try to lift what the other dude did and fails and the rest of them talk about the weight that the 1st guy lifted and the 3 that failed.

Oh, and not to mention that they move the bar down 3" then panic and their spotter deadlifts it up and all of a sudden they brag that they are doing 3 plates. *roll eyes*
  • girls_read_comics
    girls_read_comics Posts: 46 Member
    There is this late 40's chick who comes and acts like such a stereotypical teenage girl it drives me insane she spent literally 20 mins taking selfies but had all of her crap on an elliptical so noone else could use it and the next day was talk screaming on her cell phone on the treadmill.
    She seems really really sweet though just doesn't know gym ettiquette yet i'm sure.
  • girls_read_comics
    girls_read_comics Posts: 46 Member
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    I go to the gym at 5:00 A.M.. Everyday the same 5 people are there. January 5th, about 5 newbs showed up. They came in for a few days the first week. A couple days the next week and BAM they're gone!

Just long enough to mess everyone elses schedules up!