Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Egg Fast Ideas

Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
in Recipes
This is my second round of the Egg Fast ! Does anyone have ideas how to spice things up a bit, yet staying in the rules of the Egg Fast? Found Easy Cream Cheese Muffins and a few others, just thought someone might have a few ideas I hadn't run across. Thanks and happy Monday! o:)
«1

Replies

  • cdn_beavercdn_beaver Posts: 132Member Member Posts: 132Member Member
    ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html
    I love all her recipes. When I did an egg fast I ate her buffalo omelette and fettuccine alfredo pretty often.
  • Acg67Acg67 Posts: 12,212Member Member Posts: 12,212Member Member
    Is this a real thing? I'm sure the <=1200 cal diet has nothing to do with it. And lol at the link mentioning the very tubby jimmy Moore as an example. He's been low carb and sometimes keto for yrs now and gets fatter and fatter
  • AlluminatiAlluminati Posts: 6,276Member Member Posts: 6,276Member Member
    I like eggs but an egg fast? No.
    Why do people torture themselves with nonsense?
  • AlluminatiAlluminati Posts: 6,276Member Member Posts: 6,276Member Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Oh the farts, the farts!

    Carbon undies

  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    cdn_beaver wrote: »
    ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html
    I love all her recipes. When I did an egg fast I ate her buffalo omelette and fettuccine alfredo pretty often.

    thank you, the only positive and helpful comment I got
  • HornsbyHornsby Posts: 10,372Member Member Posts: 10,372Member Member
    I've seen it all.
  • LasmartchikaLasmartchika Posts: 3,382Member Member Posts: 3,382Member Member
    Oh God noo!! Really?! Ew. I love eggs, but... what's wrong with the rest of the food in the world? Why stick to JUST EGGS?! The strange things you learn on here that people do.
  • stealthqstealthq Posts: 4,307Member Member Posts: 4,307Member Member
    Had to look up what it was.

    So, eggs, cheese, butter, and I guess other high fat foods?

    I'd want a change in texture and mouth feel. Desperately.

    Have you looked up 'puffy omelets' aka 'souffle omelets'? It's like a regular omelet, except you separate the eggs, whip the whites to stiff peaks, beat the yolks a bit, then fold the two together. Cook briefly on the stove top until the bottom is dry and set but not brown, then put in a 350F oven until cooked through. It should puff up like a souffle. Pull it out, fill it with whatever you want, fold in half, and eat.

    It should be very light and airy. If you're tired of the taste of egg, you can use fewer yolks than whites and it'll work just the same.
  • BodyByButterBodyByButter Posts: 565Member Member Posts: 565Member Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Oh the farts, the farts!

    eau de sulphur
  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    cdn_beaver wrote: »
    ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html
    I love all her recipes. When I did an egg fast I ate her buffalo omelette and fettuccine alfredo pretty often.

  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    Had to look up what it was.

    So, eggs, cheese, butter, and I guess other high fat foods?

    I'd want a change in texture and mouth feel. Desperately.

    Have you looked up 'puffy omelets' aka 'souffle omelets'? It's like a regular omelet, except you separate the eggs, whip the whites to stiff peaks, beat the yolks a bit, then fold the two together. Cook briefly on the stove top until the bottom is dry and set but not brown, then put in a 350F oven until cooked through. It should puff up like a souffle. Pull it out, fill it with whatever you want, fold in half, and eat.

    It should be very light and airy. If you're tired of the taste of egg, you can use fewer yolks than whites and it'll work just the same.

  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    wythout wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Had to look up what it was.

    So, eggs, cheese, butter, and I guess other high fat foods?

    I'd want a change in texture and mouth feel. Desperately.

    Have you looked up 'puffy omelets' aka 'souffle omelets'? It's like a regular omelet, except you separate the eggs, whip the whites to stiff peaks, beat the yolks a bit, then fold the two together. Cook briefly on the stove top until the bottom is dry and set but not brown, then put in a 350F oven until cooked through. It should puff up like a souffle. Pull it out, fill it with whatever you want, fold in half, and eat.

    It should be very light and airy. If you're tired of the taste of egg, you can use fewer yolks than whites and it'll work just the same.

  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    Thank you for posting that recipe.
  • Elwin5Elwin5 Posts: 24Member, Premium Member Posts: 24Member, Premium Member
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Is this a real thing? I'm sure the <=1200 cal diet has nothing to do with it. And lol at the link mentioning the very tubby jimmy Moore as an example. He's been low carb and sometimes keto for yrs now and gets fatter and fatter

  • myfelinepalmyfelinepal Posts: 13,004Member Member Posts: 13,004Member Member
    cdn_beaver wrote: »
    ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html
    I love all her recipes. When I did an egg fast I ate her buffalo omelette and fettuccine alfredo pretty often.

    From the link: 'In my research on the egg fast diet I couldn’t find any scientific reasons as to why it works.'

    I mean, do you need any more reason to not do this?
  • WinoGelatoWinoGelato Posts: 13,322Member Member Posts: 13,322Member Member
    Opened this thread assuming it was about quick ways to cook eggs...

    Sad to find out it is a crazy fad diet:
    Bullet Proof Coffee within 30 minutes of waking (coffee with 1 Tbsp MCT oil, 1 Tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter)
    Eat 3-5 meals of at least 2 eggs each, starting no later than 10am
    Have 1 Tbsp of butter or sugar free mayo per egg consumed
    6 ounces of full fat cheese (cream cheese, cheddar, brie, etc.) allowed per day (eaten with eggs or separately as a snack)
    No eggs after 7pm (1 string cheese allowed after 7pm if starving, counts as part of the 6oz daily limit)
    Don’t go more than 4 hours between meals or snacks between 10am and 7pm.
    Drink 100 oz of water per day (minimum)
    Supplement with magnesium and potassium (lite salt) daily.
    Small amounts of fresh herbs, hot sauce, no carb sweeteners, and spices will be allowed – as long as they are less than 1g net carbs per serving, not to exceed 5g net carbs per day.

    Read more at http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html#LEz3fzLyDPTkyv1G.99
  • emdeeseaemdeesea Posts: 1,827Member Member Posts: 1,827Member Member
    I don't get why people do these fad diet things instead of just eating less.
  • flabassmcgeeflabassmcgee Posts: 664Member Member Posts: 664Member Member
    This is ridiculous.
  • mrsmalloryeversmrsmalloryevers Posts: 35Member Posts: 35Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Opened this thread assuming it was about quick ways to cook eggs...

    I was hoping for the same :(

Sign In or Register to comment.