Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Wearing this spare tire around my waist..ughhh, its such a downer. I feel like I have lost control of my belly. I don't have kids, but I look like I do. Oh, and I am built like my mother, and I dont want to be. :wink:

My mom was a beautiful person, but I dont want to be built like her either. ;)<3
  • julietombs54
    julietombs54 Posts: 3 Member
    My clothes started getting tighter and I was removing my bra when at home as more comfortable. I refuse to buy clothes a size bigger as been there before and it is a slippery slope.
  • chuckees130
    chuckees130 Posts: 16 Member
    Lazz5k wrote: »
    when I realized... I'm in a size 10 pants.... and I was a size 2.

I'd give anything to be in a size 10 pant. I'm in a 20 now but on my way.
  • texastapdancer
    texastapdancer Posts: 20 Member
    Mine isn't super exciting. I honestly just got sick of looking at myself in the mirror and being tired all the time. I decided to get really serious after I saw some pictures of me and realized that I had hit 200 lb... definitely my AH- HA moment. I did lose 40 lbs a few years ago on Weight Watchers but I've gained about 20 of that back. I figured I needed a change and here I am.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 98 Member
    2022 will be the year that you set health goals and finally meet them and some!! #Wecandothis
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    I refuse to go out and buy new larger clothes so I have found myself taking a trip from time to time to good will..its cheap and made to easy..time to give those clothes back!
  • rjr123456
    rjr123456 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have always been heavier than would be expected with my activity level. It used to be in the "healty" BMI range, but near the top. Then hitting my 50's, menopause, covid, less interested in running. A bunch of little things conspired and I was heavier and less healthy. Then during covid I decided that I should take my health seriously. Had a virtual appointment with a naturopath, and got some bloodwork done. I now had to admit that I was firmly in the "overweight" range, and had high cholesterol. Somehow that was a real shock to me. I really thought that was my AHA moment for life. I have always seen myself as a healthy person. I got on MFP, and did a bunch of reading about nutrition, and started running again (that was 2020, nothing else to do.) I lost 30 lbs, and brought my total cholesterol from 246 to 160. I really thought I would stay there for life. I got rid of all my fat clothes, and got a bunch of clothes I really like, 2 sizes smaller. But somehow after vaccines, eating out again, stress at work, and now a year and a half later I am right back where I started. The wakeup this time was because none of my clothes fit -- I was down to wearing one pair of stretchy pants with big shirts over the top. Finally had to go out and buy two pair of pants in my old size, and vowed that I will get back into all of my skinny clothes for good this time.
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Pain was my reason for change. From the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, pain will speak to you like nothing else will. After solving sciatic issues along with periformis inflamation I was left with psoas problems. These are your hip flexors and when they don't work properly you're screwed for walking or exercising. After 2 years of chiropractor and massage therapy I'm now exercising slowly to work on the psoas. It's coming along and some days I can get between 5,000-8,000 steps in. All these issues caused a 42 lb. weight gain over covid. This on top of already being severely obese. Things will improve immensely with weight loss. I have to lose weight to be able to move more.

• Chowell0322
    Chowell0322 Posts: 6 Member
    I had gained all the weight I had worked to get off and my clothes were getting tight. I also had a scare with my blood pressure. I love working out but it is not enough. I used this app before and had success so I am back again. I have already seen success since I have been back.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,294 Member
    When I decided to take control of my life instead of drifting along taking the path of least resistance.
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 114 Member
    I have a couple of ridiculously rare medical conditions and they completely changed my life. After trial and error with medications that lead to weight gain (think steroids) I figured I needed to control my weight because if I got larger then it would only exacerbate the medical conditions.
  • BarbraJ1964
    BarbraJ1964 Posts: 2 Member
    I went to the knee doctor to get them fixed and was told I had to lose weight to qualify for knee sugery.