Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,293Member Member Posts: 4,293Member Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I went to World Market this weekend and picked up these:
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png
    They were $.99 each so I couldn't help myself. The bars are 90 to 100 calories each. They had four different bars.

The first I bought is called Wake & Focus (my package says Woke and Focused...interesting) and it's Cookies & Cream flavored and has guarana, MCT Oil, and omega 3 in it. I just tried it and it was pretty good. I like that it has 7g of protein in it when I need a bit extra. I'll see if it makes me feel awake and/or focused within the next few hours.

I also bought the Beauty - White Chocolate Berry Bliss one which has collagen in it, Eye of the Tiger which is caramel, chocolate, and peanut flavored with guarana and turmeric in it for muscle recovery, and one that's chocolate peanut butter flavored with no extra ingredients in it.

These look good! Are they the same as the regular bigger jimmy bars? I’ve had those in the past and wondering if you’ve had both.
  • MaxematicsMaxematics Posts: 2,227Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,227Member, Premium Member
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png
    They were $.99 each so I couldn't help myself. The bars are 90 to 100 calories each. They had four different bars.

The first I bought is called Wake & Focus (my package says Woke and Focused...interesting) and it's Cookies & Cream flavored and has guarana, MCT Oil, and omega 3 in it. I just tried it and it was pretty good. I like that it has 7g of protein in it when I need a bit extra. I'll see if it makes me feel awake and/or focused within the next few hours.

I also bought the Beauty - White Chocolate Berry Bliss one which has collagen in it, Eye of the Tiger which is caramel, chocolate, and peanut flavored with guarana and turmeric in it for muscle recovery, and one that's chocolate peanut butter flavored with no extra ingredients in it.

These look good! Are they the same as the regular bigger jimmy bars? I’ve had those in the past and wondering if you’ve had both.

Yeah, the Skinny Jimmy bars are smaller sizes of their regular bars but I haven't had them. I have only had Jimmy Bars back when they looked like this around three years ago. I remember thinking they weren't that great and then I never saw them again.
    41ocv24wGkL.jpg
    c700x420.jpg
    It seems like they've completely revamped their brand since that time. The cookies and cream mini bar I had today was good compared to what I remember about them in the past but I'm not sold yet.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 975Member Member Posts: 975Member Member
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png

Yeah, the Skinny Jimmy bars are smaller sizes of their regular bars but I haven't had them. I have only had Jimmy Bars back when they looked like this around three years ago. I remember thinking they weren't that great and then I never saw them again.
    41ocv24wGkL.jpg
    c700x420.jpg
    It seems like they've completely revamped their brand since that time. The cookies and cream mini bar I had today was good compared to what I remember about them in the past but I'm not sold yet.

I've always been curious about the texture on these compared to other bars??
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Posts: 1,141Member Member Posts: 1,141Member Member
    Dairy Queen has two new Snickers Blizzards, Snickers and Peanut Butter Snickers. I don't know how I pass that place without stopping, I love chocolate peanut butter ice cream!
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Dairy Queen has two new Snickers Blizzards, Snickers and Peanut Butter Snickers. I don't know how I pass that place without stopping, I love chocolate peanut butter ice cream!

Snicker's are my least favorite chocolate brand... Reese's though >>>>
  • DawnEmbersDawnEmbers Posts: 2,448Member Member Posts: 2,448Member Member
    fsndj2mczusy.png

Anyone try these yet?

I have tried a few of them so far. They taste similar to others, like Bang. The sour apple is the one I prefer as it is like a candy I would get as a teen that was a sort of sour apple gel. Though not really sour.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Posts: 1,141Member Member Posts: 1,141Member Member
    Okay so I was landing to get the cookie dough blizzard but now that I see the cookie dough sundae ...... HOW DO I PICk? This one has the gob of cookie dough plus caramel. They say it’s super salty and I am a huge salty caramel fan. Maybe this belongs in the If calories didn’t matter thread 😅. Maybe I can get my boyfriend to get one and then try both. I told him we are going this weekenD LOL. 8f7noaohnaz2.jpeg

I definitely would have gone with the sundae for the added caramel, yum!
  • kellyjellybellyjellykellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,240Member Member Posts: 9,240Member Member
    If anyone loves the Quest Chocolate Hazelnut bars Grocery Outlet had them at my local store for $0.99 a bar.
    If anyone loves the Quest Chocolate Hazelnut bars Grocery Outlet had them at my local store for $0.99 a bar.

One of my least favorites by them. Poorly executed imo!
  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 3,835Member Member Posts: 3,835Member Member

I'm over their bars but I still love the protein powders and chips.
  • skelterhelterskelterhelter Posts: 534Member Member Posts: 534Member Member
    It's funny you guys brought up the Quest bars because I just had one today after almost a year without them. They were something I consumed regularly when I had more calories to play with, but I haven't been able to have them and eat the more low calorie Built Bar instead. I was craving a more substantial protein bar today, though (nothing wrong with Built. I love them but they don't fill me up and are more of a candy bar replacement for me), so I exercised a little extra today so I could treat myself to one. I saw Chocolate Hazelnut and decided to splurge on a box. They're not what I expected but they're not bad. I wanted more of a Nutella taste, but they're more chocolatey and nutty. Next time I'll do the Chocolate Donut. Any thoughts on those? I think my two favorite flavors from Quest are Maple Waffle and Apple Pie.
  • cdudley628cdudley628 Posts: 455Member Member Posts: 455Member Member
    It's funny you guys brought up the Quest bars because I just had one today after almost a year without them. They were something I consumed regularly when I had more calories to play with, but I haven't been able to have them and eat the more low calorie Built Bar instead. I was craving a more substantial protein bar today, though (nothing wrong with Built. I love them but they don't fill me up and are more of a candy bar replacement for me), so I exercised a little extra today so I could treat myself to one. I saw Chocolate Hazelnut and decided to splurge on a box. They're not what I expected but they're not bad. I wanted more of a Nutella taste, but they're more chocolatey and nutty. Next time I'll do the Chocolate Donut. Any thoughts on those? I think my two favorite flavors from Quest are Maple Waffle and Apple Pie.

This is exactly how I felt about the hazelnut M&M's. I was so disappointed it wasn't like Nutella. But also they're named "hazelnut spread" M&M's which misled me.
    edited August 13
    3agk31akim4q.jpg

Email from Enlightened.
    edited August 13
  • skelterhelterskelterhelter Posts: 534Member Member Posts: 534Member Member
    3agk31akim4q.jpg

Email from Enlightened.

I'm intrigued. Hope this means new flavors!
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Posts: 1,201Member Member Posts: 1,201Member Member
    cdudley628 wrote: »

This is exactly how I felt about the hazelnut M&M's. I was so disappointed it wasn't like Nutella. But also they're named "hazelnut spread" M&M's which misled me.

I like the hazelnut M&M’s. More of a Nutella flavor than the Quest bars, which I was very disappointed about. My favorite Quest bar is the white chocolate raspberry ones. I have tried many protein bars, and for sheer numbers, can’t beat Built Bars. Agree with above poster, they are like a candy replacement for me too. My favorite is the Mocha. No more searching for me, Built Bars are my #1 choice, thanks for posting about them on this thread. I just wish you could purchase them at a store.