New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2020
    Okay so the if it didn’t have Calorie’s thread made me discover pistachio baklava and now I need it. It also got me looking up all these other Turkish pastries made with pistachio and I need them all too LOL. Also came across these things that look amazing,

Wondering if anyone has has sesame pistachio bars like this? I think technically called halva. What do they taste like? Are they crispy like a butterfinger or more dense like sticky taffy or like a shortbread cookie texture? Or what would you compare the texture to? How sweet are they? If you bend one does it break or stretch? Lol trying to get an idea before I spend money ordering all these random pistachio things.esvifn8xj71i.jpeg
    86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Okay so the if it didn’t have Calorie’s thread made me discover pistachio baklava and now I need it. It also got me looking up all these other Turkish pastries made with pistachio and I need them all too LOL. Also came across these things that look amazing,

Wondering if anyone has has sesame pistachio bars like this? I think technically called halva. What do they taste like? Are they crispy like a butterfinger or more dense like sticky taffy or like a shortbread cookie texture? Or what would you compare the texture to? How sweet are they? If you bend one does it break or stretch? Lol trying to get an idea before I spend money ordering all these random pistachio things.esvifn8xj71i.jpeg
    86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

Halva is my all time favorite treat. It is VERY sweet and a little bit goes a long way. The texture is crumbly, does not stretch at all. Breaks very easily. I can't think of anything else that halva is like because it's so unique. I love it. I've never tried the pistachio flavor of this particular one, but the plain one is just like any other halva.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    arya8 wrote: »

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

Halva is my all time favorite treat. It is VERY sweet and a little bit goes a long way. The texture is crumbly, does not stretch at all. Breaks very easily. I can't think of anything else that halva is like because it's so unique. I love it. I've never tried the pistachio flavor of this particular one, but the plain one is just like any other halva.
    just_Tomek wrote: »

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

Halva is halva. Super sweet and flaky. You take a bite and it simply melts in your mouth since it pretty much all sugar and tahini :)

Ugh thanks guys! NOW I have to get them though :D Just ordered they sound incredible and I have a crazy pistachio craving.
  • Noreenmarie1234

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

Halva is halva. Super sweet and flaky. You take a bite and it simply melts in your mouth since it pretty much all sugar and tahini :)

Ugh thanks guys! NOW I have to get them though :D Just ordered they sound incredible and I have a crazy pistachio craving.

You know these are not made from pistachios right? They will just have the nuts chopped into the halva.

Yes but I LOVE sesame too so it sounds incredible.

1gpn8bsiecut.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

I've actually tried this product before.. Really good! Melts in your mouth.
  • pancakerunner

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

86hwl6o44cmz.jpeg
    i9lklmqccdam.jpeg

You know these are not made from pistachios right? They will just have the nuts chopped into the halva.

Yes but I LOVE sesame too so it sounds incredible.

1gpn8bsiecut.png

ooooooo these might be good
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    New to me... actually kinda liked these
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member

I love these, especially the black pepper. I'm definitely not good at eating one serving though!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member

I think these are awful. The only flavors I like are the Wasabi Ranch and the Barbecue. Everything else tastes so plain.
  • pancakerunner
    afqmj8xm4dgt.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    *takes a hammer to the *censored* sauce.
  • pancakerunner
    Super random, but idk where else to share this... finally figured out what exactly the Quest Birthday cake bar tastes like.... 6pgfvb4niqb4.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Super random, but idk where else to share this... finally figured out what exactly the Quest Birthday cake bar tastes like.... 6pgfvb4niqb4.jpeg

Yes, I said that before, lol! That is why it's my favorite bday cake flavored bar :).

Wish I could attend this... looking forward to seeing the new items https://sweetsandsnacks.com/your-year-starts-here/be-inspired/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=sse20&utm_content=cn3_slideshow&fbclid=IwAR1SkPi41X_7HYkJt4-taIsdA5w2RkLT1SPNkVqYlksgn_C-n07_6ltwqAw

• Noreenmarie1234
    6sh2fxzbo5oq.jpg
    ydscusgdc798.jpg
    qvt8ovy2jx4y.jpg
    1jc8llr34xvj.jpg
    z6k3v87godyz.jpg

Tried pistachio Baklava for the first time. Bought two kinds. THIS ONE WAS FANTASTIC 10/10!!!!!!!!! Super flaky on top. The top was crispy/flaky and the bottom was more dense/soft/sticky. LOVED the thick layer of pistachios in these as well as the topping. Wonderful strong pistachio and honey flavor to it. I can't believe I've never had this before but pistachio baklava is my new favorite, lol. It is VERY sweet though. One square was very satisfying. The honey is sooooooo sweet.

I also bought these because I liked the idea of prepackaged 130 calorie snacks and they looked amazing on the box. However, they sure did not look anything like pictured. There were no pistachios to be found anywhere on top like they are shown. I couldn't even see any inside. I did not taste ANY pistachio flavor whatsoever. They were not very flaky and were pretty disappointing. Would not buy again. They were super sweet but just tasted like a honey pastry heart without frosting. 1/10

wb5v8cva47qu.jpg
    ncok2uapi1yq.jpg
    8gbr16joaiog.jpg
    vni0nvv4kskg.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    f5iikj5nfd2x.jpg
    g888qb8y0ryl.jpg
    These were very underwhelming and I would not buy. They caught my eye when I saw on instagram I think. The carob pb had barely any PB. I like a MUCH higher PB:chocolate/carob ratio. The PB&J was the better of the two which I didn't expect. The inside was a tart strawberry taste. It didn't remind me of PB&J, more of chocolate bar filled with fruit and I love the chocolate/strawberry combo.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    I saw the ad for IHOP's cereal pancakes and milkshakes today at the gym and thought of all of you! There's Cap'n Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Lucky Charms.
  • pancakerunner
    4ps83nuxyg5z.jpeg
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Mooala banana milk creamer with zero carbs, and the mooala banana milk which does have carbs lmao
  • pancakerunner
    sqco440ciyk5.jpeg
    hnvz8f5eyycn.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    lkcnxcpexd8f.jpeg