New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Thanks for the review!!!! I messaged them a while ago but they said they didn’t do samples!!!! o:
    Sorry for who missed it! I try to post as soon as I see samples! It is more fun when we all get to try.

They ended up sending me free sample pack!! :smiley: I was planning to use as peanut butter on bagel/bread/dipped in fruit and how I use my regular pb2, but the package came with a little card that said you should "make a cake" with it so I decided to do that with them all instead.

They said you can either mix with a few tsp water and few tsp egg whites for more air light cake or just with a few tsp water for a more dense cake. I just used water and a tsp xanthum gum and they came out pretty good! I think it would be a LOT more muffin/cakey with egg whites, but my way made it like a dense half baked brownie consistency.

I tried a lick of the peanut butter before microwaving of each and was surprised. These are not like regular powdered peanut butter and didn't really taste like powdered pb to me. They all tasted more like cake/brownie batter than powdered pb. (I use chocolate and regular pb2 every day, and these were very different and not very peanut buttery at all)

The cake batter one smelled like cake, and I loved the cute sprinkles, but didn't really taste like birthday cake. It tasted like a yummy sweet cake, not that "birthday cake" flavor.

The banana muffin one came out great and I loved the walnut chunks! It did not have an artificial banana flavor.

The almond bar was my second favorite because I loved the almond chunks in it. No almond extract flavor that I hate. I want more of this flavor to try other ways besides making the mini cakes.

The chocolate coconut donut was my FAVORITE! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. The "batter" tasted like cake batter, not powdered peanut butter. It didn't really have any peanut butter flavor to it which was weird. When microwaved it reminded me of those betty crocker mini delights I used to love. Nice rich chocolate flavor and not heavy on the coconut which I was happy about.

I didn't try the salted caramel chunk yet but I might just have this one normally on a bagel/wrap or something.

I wish the sample packs were bigger because I feel like I need to try again to make sure which ones I like the best, haha. On the website they are about $8 per 16oz bag if you use the 12 percent coupon and subscribe deal ( just cancel after ships lol), but that is still a lot more than what I spend on pb2 (~$5-6 per 16oz). I might try making the cakes with my regular pb2 and see if they come out as good, but if not I will probably end up buying because I really liked these and want to try them in other ways.

min958jw22is.jpg
    1u960ajklknw.jpg
    wibij0xkq793.jpg
    u8vwpl3uytgw.jpg
    8npcyp1pob5d.jpg

Found the carrot cake Oreos at Walmart and got a pack... I was expecting a lot, but they still EXCEEDED my expectations!!!!! My new FAVORITE Oreo! Can’t even rate them out of 10 because they’re better than that! I wanna crush these up and add it to the gingerbread house Halo Top pint I got, the cream cheese inside tastes like the chunks of cream cheese in that pint so it’s going to be sooooo good together!!!
    It also felt like there was even more filling inside than a regular Oreo!!! Felt like a double stuff! VERY sweet!!! Tried one while walking to checkout and had to go back to pick up two more packs...
    a1qizra13p1q.jpeg

Also got the strawberry pop tarts cereal since the brown sugar cinnamon one was so good!!!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Thanks for the review!!!! I messaged them a while ago but they said they didn’t do samples!!!! o:
    Sorry for who missed it! I try to post as soon as I see samples! It is more fun when we all get to try.

They ended up sending me free sample pack!! :smiley: I was planning to use as peanut butter on bagel/bread/dipped in fruit and how I use my regular pb2, but the package came with a little card that said you should "make a cake" with it so I decided to do that with them all instead.

They said you can either mix with a few tsp water and few tsp egg whites for more air light cake or just with a few tsp water for a more dense cake. I just used water and a tsp xanthum gum and they came out pretty good! I think it would be a LOT more muffin/cakey with egg whites, but my way made it like a dense half baked brownie consistency.

I tried a lick of the peanut butter before microwaving of each and was surprised. These are not like regular powdered peanut butter and didn't really taste like powdered pb to me. They all tasted more like cake/brownie batter than powdered pb. (I use chocolate and regular pb2 every day, and these were very different and not very peanut buttery at all)

The cake batter one smelled like cake, and I loved the cute sprinkles, but didn't really taste like birthday cake. It tasted like a yummy sweet cake, not that "birthday cake" flavor.

The banana muffin one came out great and I loved the walnut chunks! It did not have an artificial banana flavor.

The almond bar was my second favorite because I loved the almond chunks in it. No almond extract flavor that I hate. I want more of this flavor to try other ways besides making the mini cakes.

The chocolate coconut donut was my FAVORITE! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. The "batter" tasted like cake batter, not powdered peanut butter. It didn't really have any peanut butter flavor to it which was weird. When microwaved it reminded me of those betty crocker mini delights I used to love. Nice rich chocolate flavor and not heavy on the coconut which I was happy about.

I didn't try the salted caramel chunk yet but I might just have this one normally on a bagel/wrap or something.

I wish the sample packs were bigger because I feel like I need to try again to make sure which ones I like the best, haha. On the website they are about $8 per 16oz bag if you use the 12 percent coupon and subscribe deal ( just cancel after ships lol), but that is still a lot more than what I spend on pb2 (~$5-6 per 16oz). I might try making the cakes with my regular pb2 and see if they come out as good, but if not I will probably end up buying because I really liked these and want to try them in other ways.

min958jw22is.jpg
    1u960ajklknw.jpg
    wibij0xkq793.jpg
    u8vwpl3uytgw.jpg
    8npcyp1pob5d.jpg

Found the carrot cake Oreos at Walmart and got a pack... I was expecting a lot, but they still EXCEEDED my expectations!!!!! My new FAVORITE Oreo! Can’t even rate them out of 10 because they’re better than that! I wanna crush these up and add it to the gingerbread house Halo Top pint I got, the cream cheese inside tastes like the chunks of cream cheese in that pint so it’s going to be sooooo good together!!!
    It also felt like there was even more filling inside than a regular Oreo!!! Felt like a double stuff! VERY sweet!!! Tried one while walking to checkout and had to go back to pick up two more packs...
    a1qizra13p1q.jpeg

Also got the strawberry pop tarts cereal since the brown sugar cinnamon one was so good!!!

AHhhh I can't wait to try that oreo! I went to target last night specifically to find the oreos and they didn't have any. I hope my regular grocery store has it tomorrow.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I want the oreos but man I HATE double stuff
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Dont forget to shop at your local marshall/TJ max I found some skinny syrups for $1.90 because they had Christmas labels
    Omg thank you I just went and they have a ton !!! I bought the whole shelf of caramel pumpkin etc 25 bottles 😂

@hgycta YESSS I was hoping they would be as good as expecting I might have to run to target tonight to get I’m dying to try them. Also I usually write a super nice long email sometimes I get lucky sometimes not I think it’s weird how they give to some people and not others. I must write good emails lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    This looks cool. I have always been interested in the unique regional international things they have so I might try something depending on what they have. This isn’t announced yet, I am part of a feedback tester program and they asked us a bunch of feedback because are deciding what to name the “event”. t49ayh4yk35y.jpeg
  • hgycta
    This looks cool. I have always been interested in the unique regional international things they have so I might try something depending on what they have. This isn’t announced yet, I am part of a feedback tester program and they asked us a bunch of feedback because are deciding what to name the “event”. t49ayh4yk35y.jpeg

That sounds awesome how did you get into the feedback tester program!? o:

So strange enough, I like the cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts cereal way more than the strawberry one, yet my dad likes the strawberry pop tarts cereal more. It has less filling, but more frosting. Yet, it doesn’t taste quite as sweet as the brown sugar flavor, which might be why he likes it more than I do (I LOVE sweets). I missed the chewy filling the brown sugar had. I think it will all come down to personal preference.
    If you like less sweet, more natural flavored things, and like fruit yogurt — try the strawberry
    If you like over the top sweet, dessert flavored things, like indulgent yogurts — try the brown sugar!
    ubkpntny1okk.jpeg
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Miracle Noodleszg6opf7hcg08.jpeg
  • vnb_208

who are you?!?!
    I'm the person who like oreo thins lol
  • hgycta
    Candy hunting posted this on Instagram... I NEED IT. I would probably use it mostly in oatmeal and hot chocolate, though!
    hfkr3d8fg555.jpeg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    vdspecso88jb.jpeg

Looked on the site and they have 140 cals, 10g sugar, 6g of protein in the peanut butter cookie dough ones. I might still try these despite the low protein!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

who are you?!?!

Ready for these Oreos!
  • vnb_208

who are you?!?!

Ready for these Oreos!

Thats gross the cream is too sweet 🤮🤮🤮
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

who are you?!?!

Ready for these Oreos!

The cookie too though. I'm not sure which is worse, honestly, lol. I like the thins better either way...
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    vdspecso88jb.jpeg

Looked on the site and they have 140 cals, 10g sugar, 6g of protein in the peanut butter cookie dough ones. I might still try these despite the low protein!

Those false 'protein' products really annoy me. Still a better protein ratio than a serving of peanut butter though...
  • vnb_208
    edited January 2019
    Francl27 wrote: »

who are you?!?!

Ready for these Oreos!

The cookie too though. I'm not sure which is worse, honestly, lol. I like the thins better either way...
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    vdspecso88jb.jpeg

Those false 'protein' products really annoy me. Still a better protein ratio than a serving of peanut butter though...

I'm with you the thins are the best
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Nabisco/Post is releasing a lot of new products this year.

Since they're bringing back S'Moreos supposedly they need to bring back Cotton Candy!
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    zcsyfi4caq96.jpeg
    gmdw2ve0ofzf.jpeg
  • erjones11
    x09hzwh8s450.jpeg
    0e6pbaeax85i.jpeg
    u6s694yrqw8s.jpeg
  • erjones11
    onnolq0lhhxw.jpg
    wz9gxf5jl0p0.jpg
    p19fy3j17ait.jpg
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    lyxf3mingcg7.png

Haven’t tried this one yet. Not sure if I will, but yummmm cookie dough!