New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    They have ANOTHER mystery flavor???
    Has anyone tried it?
    zac29nny9dhs.jpeg
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it?
    zac29nny9dhs.jpeg

No but I love that stuff. Had no idea they had a mystery flavor now or before. Will be looking for!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Has anyone tried it?
    zac29nny9dhs.jpeg

I did! It tasted kinda like pineapple? Maybe with some guava thrown in.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I always think the mystery flavors are just the remainders mixed in when they switch from one flavor to another in manufacturing. Like with dumdums. Maybe this is different?
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 575 Member
    edited May 2019
    I found three out of the four new Talenti organic gelato flavors and picked them up to try: oak-aged vanilla, brown butter caramel, and chocolate mousse.
    bfz907w3n68z.jpg
    I wasn't expecting the oak-aged vanilla to be much different from their regular vanilla bean gelato, but it did have oak extract in it which gave it a subtle smoky taste that was nice. After the first few bites though, the smoky/oak taste kind of disappeared and it seemed like regular vanilla. It was good, but you have to eat it slowly/in stages in order to appreciate the oak flavor.
    iee45mkkftj3.jpg

93gychahacv7.jpg
    Brown butter caramel was my favorite out of the three organic flavors I tried. It's a straightforward brown butter flavor with swirls of caramel. There's a hint of that same caramel flavor as in Talenti's sea salt caramel flavor.
    wqgb6q4viqpr.jpg

gp6hltt7o234.jpg
    Chocolate mousse was good, but boring. It mainly just tasted like a plain chocolate flavor. Texturally, this flavor had a lot of air added into it to give it that mousse like texture. I prefer denser textures, so this wasn't really my thing.
    7hkjc1032smh.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it?
    zac29nny9dhs.jpeg

No but I love that stuff. Had no idea they had a mystery flavor now or before. Will be looking for!

No but I’ve been entering that contest every day to win me a cruise 😂
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I tried the beyond meat burger at T.G.I. Friday’s after all the buzz. It was great! I could definitely tell it wasn’t meat, but it was the best tasting veggie burger I’ve ever had. I liked the grilled/Smokey flavor it had and the texture was on point. I’m usually not a fan of veggie burgers because I’d rather have a meat burger, but this was pretty good. I would order it again. k3hkl12uxghy.jpeg

Aww I thought that was Red Robin. I wish more places would get better veggie burgers than they offer. Usually at Red Robin I get the California Chicken sandwich.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    THESE BIA BARS ARE AMAZING. They taste just like the coffee fit peanut butter fudge bars I was hooked on before, thanks for sharing whoever posted the link for the samples!!! Not very filling and around 220 calories so it’s not the best protein bar, but it’s better than eating straight up fudge so I’ll take it haha.
    Honestly though, these taste JUST like the simply scrumptious peanut butter brownies just less dough-y and more chalky (but not in a bad way, just different). Since the simply scrumptious brownies are less than 100 calories per serving I’ll keep getting those, but these are great since they aren’t as perishable! Curious how the other flavors will be o: I remember Coffee Fit came in different flavors but all tasted like peanut butter fudge pretty much, so I’m sort of hoping it’ll be the same with these xD
    4pa9hhjl9amv.jpeg
    wgbww2rbnjjc.jpeg

Ooo these look good I don’t think I got my sample I emailed them again and they said they’d send thanks for reminding us !

Do you still have a link for the sample? I must have missed that post!

Unfortunately it wasn’t free samples, just a sample pack with free shipping!
    https://www.biabar.com/products/bia-bar-sample-pack-1-bar-each-flavor-3ct-total

But I went back tonight and tried the other two. As expected and hoped for, they all taste like peanut butter fudge xD
    My personal ranking, as a peanut butter fudge junkie:
    1.) Sweet & salty — it’s like peanut butter fudge and the peanut butter part of a Reese’s or Take 5 bar had a baby
    2.) Peanut Butter Fudge — a classic
    3.) Chocolate cookie dough — still peanut butter fudge, but with a very slight aftertaste. Still great though!
    2tiv9dax8geu.jpeg

Just to double check is the shipping $7.99? Or is there a better promo? Seems like something I'll try eventually.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    THESE BIA BARS ARE AMAZING. They taste just like the coffee fit peanut butter fudge bars I was hooked on before, thanks for sharing whoever posted the link for the samples!!! Not very filling and around 220 calories so it’s not the best protein bar, but it’s better than eating straight up fudge so I’ll take it haha.
    Honestly though, these taste JUST like the simply scrumptious peanut butter brownies just less dough-y and more chalky (but not in a bad way, just different). Since the simply scrumptious brownies are less than 100 calories per serving I’ll keep getting those, but these are great since they aren’t as perishable! Curious how the other flavors will be o: I remember Coffee Fit came in different flavors but all tasted like peanut butter fudge pretty much, so I’m sort of hoping it’ll be the same with these xD
    4pa9hhjl9amv.jpeg
    wgbww2rbnjjc.jpeg

Ooo these look good I don’t think I got my sample I emailed them again and they said they’d send thanks for reminding us !

But I went back tonight and tried the other two. As expected and hoped for, they all taste like peanut butter fudge xD
    1.) Sweet & salty — it’s like peanut butter fudge and the peanut butter part of a Reese’s or Take 5 bar had a baby
    3.) Chocolate cookie dough — still peanut butter fudge, but with a very slight aftertaste. Still great though!
    2tiv9dax8geu.jpeg

Just to double check is the shipping $7.99? Or is there a better promo? Seems like something I'll try eventually.

I just ordered this today and it was 7.99 for the sample pack, and free shipping.
  • hgycta
    edited May 2019
    arya8 wrote: »
    4pa9hhjl9amv.jpeg
    wgbww2rbnjjc.jpeg

2tiv9dax8geu.jpeg

I just ordered this today and it was 7.99 for the sample pack, and free shipping.

Yup! I’ve been watching these for a while waiting for them to go on sale, but, sadly, like the Coffee Fit bars I adore, they seem to never go on sale unfortunately :/ I guess since they’re a much smaller company than other protein bar manufacturers they can’t really afford to offer better promotions than that, but it’s well worth it in my opinion! I’ve already ordered more :’)
  • hgycta
    *drools* I need these...
    ftlk2pc2bhx1.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    4pa9hhjl9amv.jpeg
    wgbww2rbnjjc.jpeg

2tiv9dax8geu.jpeg

Yup! I’ve been watching these for a while waiting for them to go on sale, but, sadly, like the Coffee Fit bars I adore, they seem to never go on sale unfortunately :/ I guess since they’re a much smaller company than other protein bar manufacturers they can’t really afford to offer better promotions than that, but it’s well worth it in my opinion! I’ve already ordered more :’)

I just ordered coffee fit bars too! Thanks!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    *drools* I need these...
    ftlk2pc2bhx1.jpeg

I saw that post too and I never knew they even existed the first time around! I'm not much of a cereal eater, but usually anything with chocolate and peanut butter catches my eye so I'm not sure how I missed it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,563 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    *drools* I need these...
    ftlk2pc2bhx1.jpeg

I saw that post too and I never knew they even existed the first time around! I'm not much of a cereal eater, but usually anything with chocolate and peanut butter catches my eye so I'm not sure how I missed it.

I had no idea either. I wonder what the grams are per serving for that 160 calories. Their serving sizes are usually something like 1 1/4 cups.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    4pa9hhjl9amv.jpeg
    wgbww2rbnjjc.jpeg

2tiv9dax8geu.jpeg

$7.99 for 3 bars is still kind of a lot imo!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    *drools* I need these...
    ftlk2pc2bhx1.jpeg

I had no idea either. I wonder what the grams are per serving for that 160 calories. Their serving sizes are usually something like 1 1/4 cups.

I found an old entry when I googled it that says it's 120 calories for .75 cups (27g). Since the bottom left corner of the box says 1 cup serving, I guess those nutritional facts still apply since 120 cals for .75 cups would be 160 cals for one cup, so 36g maybe?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,563 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    *drools* I need these...
    ftlk2pc2bhx1.jpeg

I found an old entry when I googled it that says it's 120 calories for .75 cups (27g). Since the bottom left corner of the box says 1 cup serving, I guess those nutritional facts still apply since 120 cals for .75 cups would be 160 cals for one cup, so 36g maybe?

Math is hard. :pensive:

But sounds about right, I think.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2019
    kxbx1g0tvixj.jpg
    These are pretty good. Only 40 calories per roll. I like to spread vanilla cashew butter on them. Not very sweet, they are like rice cake in roll form, but still a nice snack. 7n48vhpccxb1.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2019
    j8k1ravmcgh9.png
    zg54wmg1maxv.jpg
    w8wc2b318qmf.jpg

I am usually not a fan of bagged popcorn because I find it boring, but these were pretty good. I LOVED the butter one. The ghee was like white cheddar. My least favorite was the regular cheddar. There wasnt a strong flavor or enough salt. The Butter and pink sea salt were great! The bags are huge for only 100 calories! (and packed to the top) I think I might weigh the next one to see if it actually is 100 calories.

Omg the pink salt paleo puffs are amazing! Sweet and salty and strangely soft. Not like a dry puff. Those were my favorite. They are almost creamy from the coconut oil. It’s like eating pure butter and salt. The cheddar were drier and not as good. lrgf0haqwjck.jpeg
    cpg6y1v397sg.jpeg