New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I’ve never had jackfruit until now, but this is pretty decent for a meat alternative based meal! I was expecting not to like it at all, but it’s pretty good (not great by any means, but not bad). I would still much prefer meat, but for those who are vegan or vegetarian it’s worth checking out if you’re in sprouts! I added it to one of Joseph’s lavash bread with Taco Bell’s Mild sauce (I always keep extra packets of them in my drawer) and the wrap came to a VERY filling 390 calories burrito!
    I read that jackfruit has a pork taste, but I thought it was more reminiscent of mushrooms than anything.
    vdy0ull44ftg.jpeg
    mhriglisqiwu.jpeg

Also, I tried the plumcot I got from Sam’s Club; it tasted like a slightly more tart plum, I probably would’ve never noticed a difference if someone gave it to me without saying anything. It reminds me sort of grapefruit. I never heard of or seen a dinosaur plumcot before, but now I’ll DEFINITELY look for them!!! Thanks for everyone’s insightful responses, I’m in Maryland so I guess they’re just about nonexistent here haha
    mhpfodgqwwy6.jpeg

I need to try jackfruit, I'll look for that fajita mix at Sprouts! The plumcot looks awesome too!

My Grocery Outlet usually has some seasoned jackfruit in the refrigerated case. I don’t care for jackfruit, though, so I can’t comment on the taste.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I can never find the yummy sounding dessert toppings....especially the 10 calories per serving ones.

You know, I'm in for the twinkies cereal. The powdered donuts and honeybuns ones ended up tasting really good.
    1.) that Coolhaus Hey Cupcake ice Cream looks AMAZING, dare I ask how many calories are in a serving?? o:

2) Those Lucky Charms Marshmallows also look amazing o.o

3.) Instagram is dangerous.
    lk8hh4x1r6ix.jpeg

4.) I shouldn’t want this, and I know it will probably be mediocre/nothing at all like Twinkie’s, but I know I’m going to wind up buying it the second I see it
    srkb22deiii5.jpeg

5.) has anyone tried these???? Got them from sam’s club! It’s a plum + apricot hybrid!
    xa7abehkmk3m.jpeg

WANT the twinkle cereal just to try. They don't show the insides, but I hope it has cream filling. I could see them making the outside the texture of honey comb cereal with a nice fluffy cream on the inside! The donut cereal was so good, so I have high hopes.

Wow 240 calories per bun is a lot.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    93z7d5jscmg2.png

Anyone remember these?? Circa 2014ish
  • pancakerunner
    edited July 2019
    0h2gzpth77u3.jpeg

New TruWomen products and 35% off! Ordering the key lime...
    https://amzn.to/2kiwE48
    https://amzn.to/2lPBQwR
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ooo thank you! Ordered the key lime! The only flavor I haven’t tried.
    0h2gzpth77u3.jpeg

New TruWomen products and 35% off! Ordering the key lime...
    https://amzn.to/2kiwE48
    https://amzn.to/2lPBQwR

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    OK what store are all these new Chilly Cow flavors at? I'm guessing it's a store that's not in CA, that'd be my luck!

Peanut butter chocolate is my favorite Enlightened flavor.

I get the sense that we're somewhere in the same general region, and the only place I can find Chilly Cow is Grocery Outlet. My Grocery Outlet only has cookies and cream, and vanilla graham.

I did find marshmallow peanut butter Enlightened recently and I think that's one of the new Chilly Cow flavors, so that's a possibility if you can't find Chilly Cow.

Did you find Marshmallow Peanut Butter Enlightened at Grocery Outlet? I'm going through the flavors there and so far only have repurchased Triple Chocolate. I have a lot of opened pints in my freezer! I saw the same bars as you but went for Chilly Cow ice cream instead of bars (cookies n' cream). I'd love to find more of a selection! Don't buy Slim Twins there, it was awful! I think it was Winco where I found Chilly Cow brown butter caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Chip. The former is great and later is so-so, but I'm picky with mint.

I think I found the marshmallow peanut butter at a "health food" store. It was worth paying more the Grocery Outlet price :) I agree that the Slim Twin was nasty!

My local Grocery Outlets have these Enlightened flavors:
    - red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - black cherry chocolate chip
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

How are the Frozen hot cocoa ice cream and Red velvet bars? Man, I really want to try Marshmallow Peanut Butter! I may have to go searching for it! I take it it's a new flavor? I didn't see black cherry chocolate chip either, that sounds good. Hm, I may have to find another Grocery Outlet to check out.

Frozen hot cocoa is really good. It's chocolate with marshmallow swirl.

Black cherry chocolate chip is also very nice. I think it's creamier than other Enlightened flavors.

Red velvet is not bad, but not my favorite. I will buy it at Grocery Outlet prices, but I wouldn't buy it full price.

I would say try the marshmallow PB if you see it, but I wouldn't make a special effort to find it. It's good, but not my favorite.

Jealous don't think I've ever found Enlightened at Grocery Outlet.

Hoping to someday find the doughnut flavor & The Arctic Zero Toffee Crunch pints.

They seem to randomly replenish things at Grocery Outlet. They were out of Enlightened for weeks then today they had a bunch of the glazed donut, s’mores, and cherry chocolate chip for 1.99 a pint. My freezer is stocked!!

Has anyone found Halo Top Gingerbread at Grocery Outlet this year? I remember scoring a lot of pints last year.

I wonder if Youfreshnaturals has hit a rough patch since I noticed the company hasn't updated their Instagram for awhile nor their actual website. Wanted to buy some more of the Vanilla Fresharoos flavor.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Aldis looks like their imitating power crunch bars 6mtmkyar6was.jpg

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Found the new Mint Oreo cookies at Giant.
  • FrazierRach
    FrazierRach Posts: 9 Member
    Still haven't gotten mine yet. Got an email today apologizing for the delay along with a 20% off coupon on a future order.

Yeah, it took them 2 or 3 weeks to finally ship them, but they only took 2 days when they did ship to get here. I got that coupon too, and I'll definitely be taking advantage of it!

• pancakerunner
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Aldis looks like their imitating power crunch bars 6mtmkyar6was.jpg

Ooo! Like powercrunch! (Which is also coming out with key lime flavor soon)
  • pancakerunner
    So as much as I was impressed with that jackfruit bowl, I had a coupon for a free bag of jackfruit crisps from sprouts and they were not good at all. Neither I nor my boyfriend could finish them. The first wasn’t bad, but the more you eat it, the worse it gets.
    wufxv288bzw1.jpeg

Also had a coupon for free Kashi golden goodness waffles at sprouts. Very impressed! Reminds me of ginger snap cookies!
    19t9ihcxvh4i.jpeg

I feel like the jackfruit crisps would have a very gritty texture... and the flavor would be bland??
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2019
    So as much as I was impressed with that jackfruit bowl, I had a coupon for a free bag of jackfruit crisps from sprouts and they were not good at all. Neither I nor my boyfriend could finish them. The first wasn’t bad, but the more you eat it, the worse it gets.
    wufxv288bzw1.jpeg

Also had a coupon for free Kashi golden goodness waffles at sprouts. Very impressed! Reminds me of ginger snap cookies!
    19t9ihcxvh4i.jpeg

I feel like the jackfruit crisps would have a very gritty texture... and the flavor would be bland??

The texture wasn’t gritty, it actually felt freeze dried, but the flavor was musky and horrid. I wish I had something to compare it to, but I don’t :p

Also, found some Smart Pints in Redners and tried peanut butter banana. Taste and texture wise, it reminds me a lot of real ice cream, but a lower quality brand like Friendly’s or Breyer’s. Not as sweet, which some people might like since that means it tastes less artificial, but I personally like how Halo Top and Enlightened is generally a lot sweeter! Enlightened is a lot more generous with their peanut butter swirls, too, which wins me over, even though I like the texture in this one more. There are some peanut butter swirls in here and they’re really good, just not enough for my liking.
    I’d get it again, but I wouldn’t go out of my way for it.
    us8vpjva82ka.jpeg
    x300ggzhtns9.jpeg
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    kvgn6ifz5rim.jpg
    f9czijppxb0l.jpg

I'm super excited about this! One of my favorite things is mixing some PB2 into plain Fage Greek yogurt so this is right up my alley.

As a sidenote, I had posted that I ordered these a few weeks ago:
    Maxematics wrote: »
    l5gcup6az7p8.jpg

I do NOT recommend these. Bad texture which only got slightly better when microwaving and a funny aftertaste. I went to go finish off the last one yesterday and it had white mold on the top even though the expiration date was in 2020. It makes me grossed out that I ate the other five. Disgusting!

Thank you for sharing - I ordered a chocolate one, which I received and was out of date - it does have a funny aftertaste. I almost liked the texture (reminded me of Nilla wafers), but the aftertaste is a bit much. Good to know it wasn't just the date.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    d6wjlmhaqv92.jpg

One per member. Its free to join
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    OK what store are all these new Chilly Cow flavors at? I'm guessing it's a store that's not in CA, that'd be my luck!

I get the sense that we're somewhere in the same general region, and the only place I can find Chilly Cow is Grocery Outlet. My Grocery Outlet only has cookies and cream, and vanilla graham.

I did find marshmallow peanut butter Enlightened recently and I think that's one of the new Chilly Cow flavors, so that's a possibility if you can't find Chilly Cow.

Did you find Marshmallow Peanut Butter Enlightened at Grocery Outlet? I'm going through the flavors there and so far only have repurchased Triple Chocolate. I have a lot of opened pints in my freezer! I saw the same bars as you but went for Chilly Cow ice cream instead of bars (cookies n' cream). I'd love to find more of a selection! Don't buy Slim Twins there, it was awful! I think it was Winco where I found Chilly Cow brown butter caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Chip. The former is great and later is so-so, but I'm picky with mint.

I think I found the marshmallow peanut butter at a "health food" store. It was worth paying more the Grocery Outlet price :) I agree that the Slim Twin was nasty!

- red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

How are the Frozen hot cocoa ice cream and Red velvet bars? Man, I really want to try Marshmallow Peanut Butter! I may have to go searching for it! I take it it's a new flavor? I didn't see black cherry chocolate chip either, that sounds good. Hm, I may have to find another Grocery Outlet to check out.

Black cherry chocolate chip is also very nice. I think it's creamier than other Enlightened flavors.

Red velvet is not bad, but not my favorite. I will buy it at Grocery Outlet prices, but I wouldn't buy it full price.

I would say try the marshmallow PB if you see it, but I wouldn't make a special effort to find it. It's good, but not my favorite.

Hoping to someday find the doughnut flavor & The Arctic Zero Toffee Crunch pints.

They seem to randomly replenish things at Grocery Outlet. They were out of Enlightened for weeks then today they had a bunch of the glazed donut, s’mores, and cherry chocolate chip for 1.99 a pint. My freezer is stocked!!

Has anyone found Halo Top Gingerbread at Grocery Outlet this year? I remember scoring a lot of pints last year.

I wonder if Youfreshnaturals has hit a rough patch since I noticed the company hasn't updated their Instagram for awhile nor their actual website. Wanted to buy some more of the Vanilla Fresharoos flavor.

I shamelessly hoarded the Halo Top Gingerbread from Grocery Outlet last year and was so sad when I finished my last pint. Maybe some will show up soon! They have had the Optimum Nutrition Gingerbread Protein cake bites there for 99 cents for a while. Those are one of my all time favorites too.
  • apullum

- red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

I shamelessly hoarded the Halo Top Gingerbread from Grocery Outlet last year and was so sad when I finished my last pint. Maybe some will show up soon! They have had the Optimum Nutrition Gingerbread Protein cake bites there for 99 cents for a while. Those are one of my all time favorites too.

None at my GOs currently. We have three in the immediate area, and between them I've recently found:
    - Halo Top cookie dough
    - Enlightened triple chocolate
    - Enlightened black cherry
    - Enlightened frozen hot cocoa
    - Enlightened French toast
    - Enlightened glazed doughnut
    - Enlightened caramel oatmeal (@Katmary71 it's finally here!)
    - Chilly Cow vanilla graham
    - Chilly Cow cookies and cream
    - Some other low calorie ice creams that I don't like very much, like Slim Twin.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,527 Member

- red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

None at my GOs currently. We have three in the immediate area, and between them I've recently found:
    - Halo Top cookie dough
    - Some other low calorie ice creams that I don't like very much, like Slim Twin.

Yay, did you try Caramel Oatmeal yet? These are the same ones I've seen between the two Grocery Outlets I've gone to as well. I'm taking a break from buying, I was eating pints every night! Slim Twins is the worst I've ever tasted out of every brand and flavor including Enlightened Smores.
  • apullum

- red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

- Halo Top cookie dough

Yay, did you try Caramel Oatmeal yet? These are the same ones I've seen between the two Grocery Outlets I've gone to as well. I'm taking a break from buying, I was eating pints every night! Slim Twins is the worst I've ever tasted out of every brand and flavor including Enlightened Smores.

I had the caramel oatmeal for lunch and it was really good. Hopefully they still have some this weekend!

I may have also had the triple chocolate this afternoon...

I worked out hard and it was warm outside, so that definitely justifies the ice cream lunch :)