Did you run today?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    ag6g6ases8ex.gif
    Hoping it's all better by race day!
    poke987 wrote: »
    Better this am. I can walk on it ok, and put it back into the boot I had on to do morning chores. Have not taken the bandaid off yet, think the split it going to to be main trouble now.
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Oh no!! Glad it's not broken and that you don't need stitches. I'd say skip tomorrow's 2 miler. I can't imagine it'll impact your run overall, but that wound can.

Could you have the wound glued shut with that medical glue? I'm not one to run to the doctor, but maybe it's worth talking to a medical professional to see if they can do something.

Prayers for you.

No running for me yet. My left calf is finally starting to release this morning, so I can at least walk down the stairs normally again! Tendonitis on the right side is feeling better as well. I definitely have a new love affair with KT tape. Looking to do a 5 mile run nice and slow on Sunday.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    @gabella0603 glad to hear it's starting to feel better!

Stayed off my feet most of the morning. Hubby was home... so i laid around. This afternoon and evening I have done my normal stuff, and honestly I'm pretty happy with how my foot feels! I took the bandage off for my shower and it looks good. I think if it feels this good (or better) I'll try a sneaker and maybe even do my 2 miles in the afternoon. I think I got lucky!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Skipped my 3K today and doing my last run tomorrow. a slow 5K. and then on to more carb loading LOL
  • gabella0603
    @poke987 I'm glad your foot is better!

I thought I'd try 2-3 miles of run/walking today, but left calf and right tendons said nope after 15 seconds. Sadness. I really find I'm missing running.
  • FireStorm1972
    Last run today before Sunday's 1/2. Today I decided to do 5K instead of the recommended 2K because I missed yesterday's 3K. I went a little gun ho today and got a PR for a 5k run 26:30. LOL. It was a little warm out.
  • gabella0603
    Good luck this weekend!! @poke987 & @FireStorm1972 be sure to report back!
  • FireStorm1972
    Thanx. I'm sorta getting pumped up for this. Feeling good, legs good. I think the carb loading has helped with my last 2 5K runs. Good Luck Poke987. Don't remember if your's is tomorrow or Sunday. Mines Sunday.
  • poke987
    @FireStorm1972 that's a great time! Bravo!! Can't wait to hear how this weekends race turns out for you! I go in the am!

@gabella0603 sorry to hear you are still hurting. What a drag! Maybe some swimming? Think the Dr would prescribe physical therapy?

Did my final 2 miles last evening. It was warm, but I waited to close to sunset so it wasn't as bad. Went from home, so some hills... ok with my time of 20:15. Think thats maybe an ambitious pace for tomorrow , but we shall see. My toe felt fine. I'm thrilled. It's staying closed, and while pressure on the nail hurts the toe box is wide enough that my sneaker wasn't painful. Yahoo.

Picked up my race packet, bib and shirt this evening. It's supposed to be cooler, so I had to modify my wardrobe. I had planned on shorts. Now I'm going with leggings. Have everything laid out and ready... will leave at 630 am for a 8:09 wave start. Feeling pretty good about it.
  • FireStorm1972
    Good Luck poke987. You got this !!! remember not to get to eager at the start and pace your self for a strong finish. Run with your heart, and you'll endure.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Good luck!
  • poke987
    My goals for today (in order of importance) were:
    1. Start
    2. Finish
    3. Run every step
    4. Complete under 2 hrs 30 mins
    5. Complete under 2 hrs 15 mins

I managed all but number 5.
    13.1 miles in 2:15:17... I'll take it!!

I felt good, my left knee started acting up a bit towards the end, but nothing too drastic. My squashed toe didnt bother me at all, the one next to it got a little blister, maybe from the big one being swollen? I dont know... it had never been a problem before.

The course was beautiful and pretty flat. It was cool at the start, but ended up being perfect running weather. The crowd wasn't too bad with the wave start, and the spectators wonderful!

Running buddy ran 1:55 something, I was so proud of her... and a bit worried for next year when I don't have an excuse! She was smoking!
  • poke987
    Good luck tomorrow @FireStorm1972 hope it's great! Enjoy
  • FireStorm1972
    @poke987 . Hell ya !! GREAT F'N WORK :) Now time for you to relax, and be extremely proud of yourself.
    And Thanx for the encouragement.
  • gabella0603
    @poke987 WooHoo!!! Congratulations! You should be so proud of your accomplishment. I hope you get to relax & get super-spoiled tomorrow.

@FireStorm1972 have a great time tomorrow!
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    @poke987 Congratulations, that is awesome :-)
  • FireStorm1972
    Well it was cold, it was wet, and a crap load of runners LOL.
    Goals for today

1)Start
    2)Finish
    3)Run through what ever pain arises.
    4)Beat my much younger brother's 1/2 Marathon time. think it was like 2:20:00 - 2:30:00
    5)Equal my 1/2 Marathon training times of 2:06:?? - 2:15:??

My knee took a pounding from the 14K mark to the finish, the last 5K was full of hills, up/down. Every time I hit the upward hill my knee almost would give out and the pain was just as bad as on some of the training runs I did. But the pain went away as soon I hit level ground. So now I know to work on my weak points.Waiting for my official time to be posted, but I'm pretty sure what my time was since I clicked my watch from the start point to finish line. But I'll keep you ladies in suspense till then LOL. Goals 1/2/3 Met!!!. Goals 4/5???, you'll have to wait and see.

But to add a little laughter to this, I felt like this guy crossing the finish line.

wooa4n18azrw.jpg
  • FireStorm1972
    Sooo here's the low down for my 1/2.
    I placed 113/228 in 1/2 Marathon participants, male/female.
    24/29 in my class, which is males 40-49.
    64/92 male class.
    And here's my numbers......
    Pace 5:51/Km
    Gun Time 2:03:18
    Chip Time 2:02:55
    So goal #4 beat my brother's *kitten*. COMPLETED (Oh and I'm rubbing it in his face LOL)
    Goal #5 = PR on a 13.1 Mile run.

Dude that won ran a 1:14:12 for a 13.1 mile. Class 20-29. he was flying from the start.
  • poke987
    edited May 2015
    Fantastic!! @FireStorm1972 Enjoy the glory. Rub it in his face big time!!

Guy that won ours ran 1:18 something. His legs were up to my armpits atleast! ! He was 40.

In other news... the email/text alert I got yesterday had my time at 2:15:17 but when I checked the site today I'm listed as 2:15:27. Humm. I guess 10 seconds doesn't really matter. I'll continue to say 17 though! ;) I didn't start or finish my app right away, so it's not accurate. Oh well. I guess I'll have always wonder!

My stats are now listed:
    Overall: 690/939
    Female: 452/662
    F35-39: 57/249
  • poke987
    Ok. Who's next?! I can't remember! !

I'm taking today off, although im not as stiff or sore as I thought I might be. My knee is a bit bothersome going down stairs, but my hips recovered well. Might take tomorrow off also, just with scheduling. But ill be back at it Tuesday... don't want to lay completely off. Hope to continue with 3-5 mile runs 3 or 4 days a week as long as I can!