Did you run today?

Replies

• gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    You are all rockstars. @Poke987, I'm so sorry about your running buddy. I hope she's feeling better.

Today marks two weeks since I've run. Eeek. I'm giving it a shot on Monday to see how it goes. If I have pain, I'm going to the doctor (I hate going to doctors, fyi), but I can't not run anymore. I actually really enjoy it now. I wonder if it's not because I've been doing barre classes for quite some time and have gotten a really strong core. But, running isn't quite the chore it used to be. Which makes me wonder Firestorm, if your strength exercises will have a dramatic effect on your times.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Fingers crossed @gabella0603

Did 3.4 miles in 34:52 seemed unusually hard. Not sure if it's because I took a light week, or just another week pregnant. What a difference a week makes. Can't believe I did 13 last Saturday. Couldn't have done it today I don't think.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    No running today but did some work on my abductors and adductors and glutes. My "Buns" are sore now LOL. Tomorrow will be a 5-10k run. I'm going out to a local run club for the first time, this will be my first "real" run since the 1/2 Marathon.
    @gabella0603, I'm hopping that the strength training will help balance my muscles out in my legs. I don't think it will be a "drastic" change, but I'm hopping to cut 3 minutes of my overall 1/2 time to get under the 2 hour mark. For now I'm building up the distance again to 21k + on my long runs.
  • FireStorm1972
    poke987 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed @gabella0603

Did 3.4 miles in 34:52 seemed unusually hard. Not sure if it's because I took a light week, or just another week pregnant. What a difference a week makes. Can't believe I did 13 last Saturday. Couldn't have done it today I don't think.
    The week after a 1/2 marathon is mainly for recovery where you are too just rest, but for me its hard to stay still but I forced myself to take an "easier" week from running. There's mixed opinions on the following week after a 1/2, some people say take the week off from any type off running and cross train or strength train. Some people say jump back on that horse and go. I just say listen to your body, but don't let a "little" sorness in your legs be an excuse not to run a bit. Sometimes the run will help with the sore legs. I'll test this theory tomorrow, and see how sore I am after tomorrows run LOL. Ah the pain we all go through to gain that "Glory" of a great accomplishment
  • FireStorm1972
    Here's a little quote :)
    "Running Is The Easy Part"
    "Getting Up At 6 am On A Sunday F'N Sucks"
    This is so true LOL.
    Have a great day all.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I had planned to run 3 days a week, that has materialized into 2 days a week. :-1: I even got my running gear on Friday and talked myself out of it. At least I'm riding 3 days a week still.
  • FireStorm1972
    Well showed up at the running club for the 1st time and was told that mostly walkers come out on Sundays and runners come out Wednesday evenings LOL. So about 8 walkers took off and I was left running alone again LOL. At least I ran a new route. Only thing it was very "hilly". My left leg took a pounding this time at the 7k mark and I lost about 5 minutes on my over all time. So I did 10.04k in 1:03:34. Legs are a little sore. i think I was a little eager for the first 5k as I was running 5:20k's, then boom, the hills kicked in LOL.
  • FireStorm1972
    Well looks like the 10k charity run comming up on the 23rd is up in the air. My left knee is still very tender. the pain is not quite the same as the ITBS I had last weekend in my right knee. if the pain persists past tomorrow I may have to go to the doctor. Hopefully nothing is torn cause that would be just plain BAD!! LOL.
  • poke987
    Ugh. @FireStorm1972 here's hoping it's nothing big...but that's funny about the "running" club outing! Lol

@Just_Ceci I hope to get out on the bike with my boys this week. Need to get the kitchen and dining room painted though... so I'm not going to hold my breath... perfect bike weather here this week, low to mid 70s most of the week! Enjoy it, what ever you do! !
  • Just_Ceci
    I ran yesterday at my national park. My legs were tired almost from the start, but I pushed through and managed to run 6.42 miles in 1:09:25. Meh.
  • FireStorm1972
    No running today, as my left knee still "achy" but not sore. Did 5k bike and 1k on the gazelle and stregnth training on the legs and glutes. I have found out that I have no balance on one leg. Example one legged squat or dead lift. I pretty much topple over LOL.
  • poke987
    Did 2 miles at 10 min mile on the treadmill, then walked .75 more at 15 min mile. Then ran out of time before the Childwatch closed for lunch. Walked 2.25 with a friend and her dogs yesterday morning, a pretty leisurely pace but my hilly road.

@FireStorm1972 glad it's better today...

@Just_Ceci wish we had a park close by.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited May 2015
    No run today. I've decided not to run the rest of the week till maybe Friday evening. Trying not to agrevate the knee and would like to run/walk the 10k charity event this weekend. Am working on strength in my abductors and adductors and the Glutes. My *kitten* hurts . Was able to do single leg squats on both legs with no pain in the knees.
  • Just_Ceci
    When I tried to run on Monday, I had a sharp pain in my right foot with every step, so I finished walking my dog around the block and stopped. I'll try again today. (26 mile ride on the bike yesterday!)
  • FireStorm1972
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    When I tried to run on Monday, I had a sharp pain in my right foot with every step, so I finished walking my dog around the block and stopped. I'll try again today. (26 mile ride on the bike yesterday!)

Like in the arch? Maybe time for new shoes :wink:
  • Just_Ceci

Like in the arch? Maybe time for new shoes :wink:
    It was more like ankle pain in the joint. I've been rotating shoes between 3 pair, 2 of those are practically new, so I don't think it's the shoes. I think it's I'm getting old and falling apart! (Seriously, I think the arthritis that I have in my hands is migrating to other joints now!) :neutral:
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    I ran a local 10k last night and although I am still waiting for the official timings I think I knocked about 6 mins off my PB! I think I am capable of going faster, I have to stop my mind holding me back.
    Oh no! Hope it was a one off pain! Well done on the bike ride though

• Just_Ceci
    @GreatCthulhu Great job on the 10k! I'm running one in a few weeks and hoping I can trim a little time off my PB.

I ran yesterday on the track at the gym. 3.07 miles in 28:47 with no pain!
  • Just_Ceci
    @GreatCthulhu Great job on the 10k! I'm running one in a few weeks and hoping I can trim a little time off my PB.

I ran yesterday on the track at the gym. 3.07 miles in 28:47 with no pain!
  • FireStorm1972
    edited May 2015
    Well I tryed running 5k tonight. As soon I went into running mode I couldn't last more than 100m. The pain in the left knee kept popping up, so I walked a bit then tryed to run again, but the pain returned. So I walked 1k lol and did some stretching and strength exercises. I guess I should get it checked out since its been 5 days. Still think its ITBS because when I do one legged squats on that leg 1 can do 2 sets of 12reps then the same type of pain occurs as though i'm running. I guess i'm walking the 10k charity event this weekend...grrrr. Still gunnin' for my 1/2 marathon in September though. See what the Dr. says.Sorta mad at myself for pushing a 10k only a week after my 1/2 marathon, should of rested more, now this injury is putting my trining on hold, well at least the running part.