Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    All that talk about cheesecake and whatnot, I had to go get my apple and yogurt with peanut butter protein powder! Not quite as good as cheesecake but it should hold me.

Oops. I think my cheesecake sort of derailed everyone! :o

You just made it look too delicious!!!

Haha! Maybe next time I'll top it with those mushy vegetables. Then even *I* won't be eating it.

And waste the deliciousness of the cheesecake?! :anguished::astonished:

You make an excellent point. I'll give it to the neighbors? :p

There you go, that is acceptable. :wink:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I confess that I did eat a little something but was disappointed because it wasn't the deliciousness that has been discussed on this thread like @Susieq_1994's cheesecake or @quiksylver296's spaghetti. :disappointed:

Oh well, I'll make something yummy for dinner. Or go out. Haven't decided yet. :lol:

I had beef stew and yogurt for dinner. It was okay, but not nearly as awesome as cheesecake or spaghetti either. Better luck next meal. :p

Beef stew sounds delicious, especially since it's so cold here.

Doesn't it? I'm freezing and it sounds magical. But then, I had an instant mashed potatoes cup for lunch (and will be having canned soup in a little bit) which tasted like sadness and disappointment, so anything would be better. (I've had a stomach bug for the past week so trying to take it easy on my stomach but it makes most of my meals very sad).

Sorry to hear about your stomach bug! I hate having to eat bland meals for any reason, so that would make me sad too! The beef stew I make is totally not the "traditional" kind with carrots, potatoes, and celery though. I bulk it up like crazy with tomatoes, eggplant, cauliflower, zucchini, okra, and spinach, and then I add a small potato and one little carrot to the huge pot. ;) I really enjoy it, but my husband who isn't a big vegetable fan doesn't like it very much. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I'm off to bed, everyone! See, we got bunches of pages. Now we just need to get even MORE tomorrow and the day after... :p
  • ivygirl1937
    Good night, @Susieq_1994!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    I checked out the challenge, it DOES sound fun! Is anyone planning to pair up? Or are you all flying solo?

We signed up solo then Nicci is making us a group.
  • Oberon21
    I checked out the challenge, it DOES sound fun! Is anyone planning to pair up? Or are you all flying solo?

I believe @orangesmartie is getting our team together. I need to check on that.

According to the FAQ, only four people are allowed per team. But being one of the high steppers in the Fitbit challenges, I think I can make it with one partner. :) Hopefully @LenGray will sign up with me! :smiley:

Oh I missed this. Then I was late so I'm only solo. Nicci already has 4. I'll sign up with you and LenGray and maybe Wendy? Are you going to officially join online? If so you can make us a team!
  • Oberon21

She is for you but with you, Nicci, Tammy and another woman she is at 4. So I'm solo unless we create another group. Then we can compete against each other solo and group to group!
  • ivygirl1937
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I ordered a desk attachment for my treadmill today but figured if I was going to be catching up on hundreds of emails I shouldn't just sit doing it. So I got inventive!
    g7y8s25br117.jpg

This is ingenius!!!!
  • Oberon21
    LenGray wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    We're not going to make 2000.

Yeah, It would be hard to get 40 more pages in 2 days.

Where's your positive attitude?! We got 30 pages in two days a while ago... Just talk more! ;)

Haha, with all this cheesecake talk, we've gotten 3 pages in as many hours ;)

See?! WE CAN DO THIS. And the three pages are like 75% me, right? :p (I talk a lot...)

I do too...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I ordered a desk attachment for my treadmill today but figured if I was going to be catching up on hundreds of emails I shouldn't just sit doing it. So I got inventive!
    g7y8s25br117.jpg

Is that a bungee cord?!? Awesome!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    @Susieq_1994 Haha, I'll keep posting then :)

Cheesecake is intimidating! Though you raise a good point on the 'what can go wrong?' thing lol

Cheesecake is a huge favorite at my house. I'd like to eventually make a sugar-free one, but you may be onto something with the 'starter' cheesecake-- that seems a lot more doable.

I did try another new recipe yesterday though! I made spiced sweet potato and black bean quesadillas. They're delicious, but definitely a 'me' treat since my dad won't touch anything that hints at being vegetarian lol I'm also making myself some lentil and spinach soup after grocery shopping tomorrow!

Im gonna try that sweet potato black bean quesadilla! I would have never thought of that myself.
    That would be defiantly for me since the rest of the household thinks sweet potatos are vile.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 840 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »

Im gonna try that sweet potato black bean quesadilla! I would have never thought of that myself.
    That would be defiantly for me since the rest of the household thinks sweet potatos are vile.

This is the recipe I used--

http://www.wellplated.com/sweet-potato-black-bean-quesadillas/

I'm lazy though, so I just spray PAM on one side of the tortilla, load it up, fold them over, and then put them in the oven for about 12 minutes at 425 F or until they're nice and brown. :smiley: )
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member

She is for you but with you, Nicci, Tammy and another woman she is at 4. So I'm solo unless we create another group. Then we can compete against each other solo and group to group!

Sounds like there is enough interest. Even with three, as high stepping as you and Susie are, should be a piece of cake!! LOL!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    You foodies are making me hungry! It's almost 2 hours til lunch. Knock it off! LOL

Yea I had a fiber one bar.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Haha, I'll keep posting then :)

Cheesecake is intimidating! Though you raise a good point on the 'what can go wrong?' thing lol

Cheesecake is a huge favorite at my house. I'd like to eventually make a sugar-free one, but you may be onto something with the 'starter' cheesecake-- that seems a lot more doable.

I did try another new recipe yesterday though! I made spiced sweet potato and black bean quesadillas. They're delicious, but definitely a 'me' treat since my dad won't touch anything that hints at being vegetarian lol I'm also making myself some lentil and spinach soup after grocery shopping tomorrow!

I should totally be your neighbor. I LOVE sweet potatoes and black beans. We could share.
  • Oberon21
    g7y8s25br117.jpg

Is that a bungee cord?!? Awesome!

Yep, 2 bungee cords. :smiley:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Great news about the cake, LenGray!

Thanks! :D This week I'm also replacing my chicken enchilada casserole with a diabetes-friendly king ranch chicken that he's actually looking forward to. I'm also looking into sugar-free bbq sauce for my homemade pulled pork :) If I can't find any, I may just have to try making my own sauce.

Next week I'm tackling another of his favorite foods-- Sweet and sour chicken.

You are rocking this!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I gave in. Currently eating my spaghetti....mmmmm!

Spaghetti sounds awesome! :D I'm taking some chicken stew, a quesadilla, and some cake to work.

Honestly, quesadillas are like the ultimate lazy sandwich for me lol I make one or two batches and then just stuff my face with them the rest of the week.

I never thought those would be good as leftovers. Don't they go soggy?
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 840 Member
    I gave in. Currently eating my spaghetti....mmmmm!

Spaghetti sounds awesome! :D I'm taking some chicken stew, a quesadilla, and some cake to work.

Honestly, quesadillas are like the ultimate lazy sandwich for me lol I make one or two batches and then just stuff my face with them the rest of the week.

I never thought those would be good as leftovers. Don't they go soggy?

If you cook the shells long enough, they don't. It also depends a lot on the ingredients though. The veggie ones have been a little soggy, but the chicken and beef ones that I make are nice and crisp even as leftovers :)