Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I'm in the NSV thread, and someone says they were so excited because they were at Old Navy and they were down a size, all I think is "Yeah, cuz Old Navy sizes run stupid big."

Word, I run a 00 Tall at ON online- I'm 5'10", if I was actually a 00 I'd know lol.

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be goddamned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession: When I'm in the NSV thread, and someone says they were so excited because they were at Old Navy and they were down a size, all I think is "Yeah, cuz Old Navy sizes run stupid big."

Word, I run a 00 Tall at ON online- I'm 5'10", if I was actually a 00 I'd know lol.

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be goddamned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

Sometimes a happy meal and Playland = mommy sanity.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

If you teach them that McDonald's is an okay occasional food now, they won't go overboard with it later.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

If you teach them that McDonald's is an okay occasional food now, they won't go overboard with it later.

Agreed! My oldest is actually the most amazing moderator (and rail thin)- she will take a single bite of a candy and walk away and it boggles my mind. Our middle less so, the baby....she's very spoiled lol. I feel like focusing on activity at this stage in the game is more important honestly. Because I run they want to run- perhaps I'll raise my own track team ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

You were nicer than he deserved Quik. I am so glad he doesn't identify as keto. I really HATE that the public perception of the WOE is generally rooted in the few very loud, very uninformed people. We aren't all idiots -_-

Now excuse me while I go eat all da cookies because ain't nobody needing quads to run two marathons in a three week span lololol
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You were nicer than he deserved Quik. I am so glad he doesn't identify as keto. I really HATE that the public perception of the WOE is generally rooted in the few very loud, very uninformed people. We aren't all idiots -_-

Now excuse me while I go eat all da cookies because ain't nobody needing quads to run two marathons in a three week span lololol

Nope. He's allegedly from my tribe...IIFYM.
  • JessicaMcB
    edited May 2017
    Options

Nope. He's allegedly from my tribe...IIFYM.

I don't think you have to claim him since parkour :D
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Slightly confused, there isn't a page 2.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Mods cut all the fun stuff out... :'(
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have 300g of carbs to eat today! Ramping up carbs for Saturday.

(It's actually not as fun as it sounds. Low-ish fat grams doesn't allow doughnuts or brownies or cake. I'm stuck with oatmeal, rice, apples, etc, etc.)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Quik, you are going to do great!! I am very excited for you. Even if you can't have brownies or doughnuts.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Quik, you are going to do great!! I am very excited for you. Even if you can't have brownies or doughnuts.

I have brownies stashed in the freezer for Sunday... ;)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Mods cut all the fun stuff out... :'(

Boo!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

(It's actually not as fun as it sounds. Low-ish fat grams doesn't allow doughnuts or brownies or cake. I'm stuck with oatmeal, rice, apples, etc, etc.)

I've taken a huge liking to overnight oatmeal at the moment. :yum: either with apple and cinnamon or frozen berries.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I've taken a huge liking to overnight oatmeal at the moment. :yum: either with apple and cinnamon or frozen berries.

I do proats (protein oats). Oatmeal mixed with protein powder - today is Trutein Pumpkin Pie flavor. Then add some berries. Blueberries today. Yum. It's a nice change from all the greek yogurt I was eating.

I still gotta get the protein in.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I do proats (protein oats). Oatmeal mixed with protein powder - today is Trutein Pumpkin Pie flavor. Then add some berries. Blueberries today. Yum. It's a nice change from all the greek yogurt I was eating.

I was thinking of adding protein shake to it. I have a load of it from bulk buying in a sale and was trying to think of alternative ways of using it.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2017
    Options

I was thinking of adding protein shake to it. I have a load of it from bulk buying in a sale and was trying to think of alternative ways of using it.

Mix the protein powder with your liquid BEFORE adding to the oats. It clumps up and is gross otherwise.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Heyall!
    Yesterday was E-Day in BC so I was busy as all hell with that insanity. The nominee I was helping won by 67% so that's exciting and we're planning to keep talking/me helping where I can. Also due to the campaign we got a refurbished laptop, a fold up table and 6 fold up chairs for under $200 (money goes back into the election "war chest").
    Also! The Ottawa Senators DESTROYED the New York Rangers in their hockey game, which means they're off to round 3 :smiley: