Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Heyall!
    Yesterday was E-Day in BC so I was busy as all hell with that insanity. The nominee I was helping won by 67% so that's exciting and we're planning to keep talking/me helping where I can. Also due to the campaign we got a refurbished laptop, a fold up table and 6 fold up chairs for under $200 (money goes back into the election "war chest").
    Also! The Ottawa Senators DESTROYED the New York Rangers in their hockey game, which means they're off to round 3 :smiley:

Thank you, Senators. I hate the Rangers only slightly less than the Red Wings.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Heyall!
    Yesterday was E-Day in BC so I was busy as all hell with that insanity. The nominee I was helping won by 67% so that's exciting and we're planning to keep talking/me helping where I can. Also due to the campaign we got a refurbished laptop, a fold up table and 6 fold up chairs for under $200 (money goes back into the election "war chest").
    Also! The Ottawa Senators DESTROYED the New York Rangers in their hockey game, which means they're off to round 3 :smiley:

Congrats on all the "winning!"
  • quiksylver296
    I tried kombucha. :s
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member

Good to know, I have considered picking some up just to try it. How bad?
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2017
    crosbylee wrote: »

Good to know, I have considered picking some up just to try it. How bad?

If you like beer, and flavored beers, you'll probably like it. I hate beer.

The fermenting process definitely left a beer-like taste to it.

It's also slightly fizzy, which kinda freaked me out. It's tea. It's not supposed to fizz.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    a7a8pexyjl4q.jpg

6uyz9cq1hrrd.jpg

mtv9d0gwx80c.jpg

LMAO!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession: When I'm in the NSV thread, and someone says they were so excited because they were at Old Navy and they were down a size, all I think is "Yeah, cuz Old Navy sizes run stupid big."

Word, I run a 00 Tall at ON online- I'm 5'10", if I was actually a 00 I'd know lol.

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be goddamned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

If you teach them that McDonald's is an okay occasional food now, they won't go overboard with it later.

Agreed! My oldest is actually the most amazing moderator (and rail thin)- she will take a single bite of a candy and walk away and it boggles my mind. Our middle less so, the baby....she's very spoiled lol. I feel like focusing on activity at this stage in the game is more important honestly. Because I run they want to run- perhaps I'll raise my own track team ;)

My middle niece is also pretty thin, but she sure loves her sweets.

The one day she made me laugh when she asked her mom if she could eat some of the block of cream cheese.
  • quiksylver296
    Confession: When I'm in the NSV thread, and someone says they were so excited because they were at Old Navy and they were down a size, all I think is "Yeah, cuz Old Navy sizes run stupid big."

Word, I run a 00 Tall at ON online- I'm 5'10", if I was actually a 00 I'd know lol.

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be goddamned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

If you teach them that McDonald's is an okay occasional food now, they won't go overboard with it later.

Agreed! My oldest is actually the most amazing moderator (and rail thin)- she will take a single bite of a candy and walk away and it boggles my mind. Our middle less so, the baby....she's very spoiled lol. I feel like focusing on activity at this stage in the game is more important honestly. Because I run they want to run- perhaps I'll raise my own track team ;)

The one day she made me laugh when she asked her mom if she could eat some of the block of cream cheese.

That's my kind of kid! I could totally eat cream cheese plain.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be darned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

Editing for swearing
  • Oberon21
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have to admit I love the NSV thread, but I get a little jaded when a gal that has five pounds to lose talks about how she is now in a size two. I know they are here for a reason, we all are here for our own reasons, and that doesn't make their accomplisment any less great.

Totally agree
  • Oberon21

There is not an Old Navy in my town. I do not drive the 40 minutes it would take me to get to one.

I'm not a fan of Old Navy. The clothes are cheap but they are disposable. A few washings and they look terrible. I hear their workout clothes aren't bad tho.
  • Oberon21
    I confess that I hate people today because what they want me to do is not my job. And when I tell them that they plow on for me to do it anyway. I was off Friday and Monday, people. I need to do my own work.

I further confess that I have given up logging my food for the time being, just to see what happens to my weight if I don't.

I've been slacking on logging. I'll pre-log in the morning, but as it changes throughout the day I don't fix it. Since I'm high-carb this week (and thus higher calorie), I'm not too worried about it. With my competition Saturday and Mother's Day Sunday, I'm kinda saying "screw it" til next Monday.

I've been so crazed I've barely been able to log in and log one meal to keep my streak going. Restart Monday? :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

I hope her mom said yes. Cream cheese is the bomb.
  • Oberon21
    spamarie wrote: »
    Got my first scan on Thursday. I'm quite excited about it. I'm at work today and tomorrow so hopefully the days will fly by.

For baby?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I confess that I am sitting in a McDonald's right now feeding my small people lunch (judge me, whatevaaaa ;) ) and I ordered a diet coke for me because I'll be darned if I'll waste calories here. Getting a lot of judgey looks, idk if it's the kids or the tube top or the no McCrap but...awkward...

Editing for swearing

Sorry! That one doesn't even make my list for cursing- bad Canadian over here, noted for future posts :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2017

There is not an Old Navy in my town. I do not drive the 40 minutes it would take me to get to one.

I'm not a fan of Old Navy. The clothes are cheap but they are disposable. A few washings and they look terrible. I hear their workout clothes aren't bad tho.

When they have the back to school jeans sale, I will go buy the size my 10yo is wearing. They will last until he grows another two inches in four months, but not much longer.

ETA: daughter just threw out two pairs of four year old running shorts from there. The work out wear does seem to be okay.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member

I love their workout gear and their skinny jeans if I can get them in a tall (aka . basically never)
  • Oberon21
    Also what the heck is up with the sudden onslaught of "keto=calories are imaginary" threads today? People are lucky I'm trying to get right with Jesus >:)

Editing...
  • quiksylver296
    I confess that I hate people today because what they want me to do is not my job. And when I tell them that they plow on for me to do it anyway. I was off Friday and Monday, people. I need to do my own work.

I further confess that I have given up logging my food for the time being, just to see what happens to my weight if I don't.

I've been slacking on logging. I'll pre-log in the morning, but as it changes throughout the day I don't fix it. Since I'm high-carb this week (and thus higher calorie), I'm not too worried about it. With my competition Saturday and Mother's Day Sunday, I'm kinda saying "screw it" til next Monday.

I've been so crazed I've barely been able to log in and log one meal to keep my streak going. Restart Monday? :)

Yep!