Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've never even heard of frozen custard. That sounds dangerously amazing!!

I know! I love hot custard, so cold custard on a hot day would be fantastic.

I haven't had frozen custard in years. Not since I left Wisconsin, I don't think. It was amazing.

Mmmmmm. Do you recon it is made the same way as ice cream? If I buy a pot of custard and freeze/churn/freeze until its set?

No idea. It's very creamy though, much more than ice cream.
  • Oberon21
    Thanks, Flyover and Lois. My dad is not in good enough health to last for years longer. Besides the blood clots, he has diabetes, COPD and heart disease, plus arthritis that causes the balance issues. There is no way we would let him leave his house alone anymore. I would have up until this time last year with the mini strokes started, but not now.

I'm sorry Melissa. That is so hard. <3
  • Oberon21
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession:

It's been a trying few days (weeks/months) of crappy sleep and a baby who doesn't want anyone but me and my boobs. I'm feeling pretty frazzled, pretty constantly. I ran out of terrible stress food, so I've eaten the chocolate chips out if the baking cupboard. Like a sneaky sneak too, didn't give Andrew any! They're dark chocolate, so this doesn't really count right?

Baking supplies, for when spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder don't cut it anymore!

I’ve done that! Chocolate -in any form-is sometimes the only answer.

I've definitely done that..which is exactly why I can't keep baking ingredients in the house. :#

Wow Kelly, your arm looks amazing.
  • Oberon21
    It's race day eve.

Confession: My diet is super not on point at the moment. Not worrying about it until after the race. Well, I'm worrying about it before the race and all the time really. I'm going to DO something about it after the race. Well, after the post-race MEAL I will do something about it.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Ditto

Thank you! Finished around 11am. Took me 3.5 hours and ran 15.1 miles with just under 2k elevation gain.

Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Off to ROME!

Yay! Have fun!

It was amazing. I will post some photos eventually.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I've never even heard of frozen custard. That sounds dangerously amazing!!

I know! I love hot custard, so cold custard on a hot day would be fantastic.

I haven't had frozen custard in years. Not since I left Wisconsin, I don't think. It was amazing.

Mmmmmm. Do you recon it is made the same way as ice cream? If I buy a pot of custard and freeze/churn/freeze until its set?

Yes. My grandmother used to make it. It makes me sick because I am allergic to eggs, but I always ate hers anyway. Fresh cream, fresh eggs, fresh berries on top. How was I supposed to resist?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Confession: Del Taco happened last night in a major way. Wasn't going to log it, but I logged everything over the course of the next few days to flatten out the calories.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    I went grocery shopping yesterday and I stuck to my list. (NSV) Then I did something I haven't for a long time. I separated out the boys snacks and cereal and left most if it in the car. I will dole it out as needed They are terrible to eat the junk food first instead of the real food.
  • Oberon21
    Some random pics from Rome. I have hundreds.
  • Oberon21
    Part 4
  • Oberon21
    Hmm 2 of the 3 I tried to load that time didn't work.
  • Oberon21
    I have some more from 2 other days I already pulled off my phone because I used up all the storage. I'll post a few more from those days later.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Love the pics, Patricia.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Confession: my youngest brother is a fool and I hate him. I will get over hating him before I go to bed, but he should answer the phone.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    I am over hating him, but my bother should still answer the phone.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I am over hating him, but my bother should still answer the phone.

We have several family members who never answer their phones. Drives us mad too!