Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is my kryptonite. I could eat the entire box in one day.

I. Actually. Have.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Confession: I am unreasonably tired today. It is making me unreasonably cranky. I had to change my shirt because I splashed coffee down the front of a mint green one. (this happens often enough that I keep a spare gray shirt in my desk.) Plus, I left my lunch at home. And now, the boss is sending us emails patting us on the head for our "hard work", immediately followed by an invitation to a department meeting (all 70 of us) tomorrow morning. With the layoffs, now everyone is as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Save me!!!

Mel, I hope your day gets better and you don't have to be nervous. I can imagine you are the employee they want to hang on to.

I am not nervous, other people are. Not only am I great at my job, but I am also fortunate enough not to need it. Denni pays our bills; I pay our taxes, college tuition/books, and soccer and band fees. :) Everything but the taxes are optional and the taxes would be almost nonexistent if I quit. Actually, the college tuition would have more help from Pell grants if I quit.

The boss won't let me go. She uses me as her own personal draft horse to pull other people out of the ditches. She's just having one of those days where she's walking right up to the line of making me aggravated enough to leave.

That's really awesome that you're so secure. I mean that sincerely. That's the dream. It still sucks that other people are nervous, though :( I can never calm down when the people around me are stressed.
    (Although, your cat-rocking-chair metaphor is worth hanging onto. I would counter with "as nervous as a field of horses in which there is a singular garden hose but everybody's gotta panic anyway because WHATISTHATTHING")
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is my kryptonite. I could eat the entire box in one day.

I. Actually. Have.

*raises hand in shame*
    you are.... not alone...... I don't think it was cinnamon toast crunch but for sure an entire box of cereal.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Confession: I am unreasonably tired today. It is making me unreasonably cranky. I had to change my shirt because I splashed coffee down the front of a mint green one. (this happens often enough that I keep a spare gray shirt in my desk.) Plus, I left my lunch at home. And now, the boss is sending us emails patting us on the head for our "hard work", immediately followed by an invitation to a department meeting (all 70 of us) tomorrow morning. With the layoffs, now everyone is as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Save me!!!

Mel, I hope your day gets better and you don't have to be nervous. I can imagine you are the employee they want to hang on to.

I am not nervous, other people are. Not only am I great at my job, but I am also fortunate enough not to need it. Denni pays our bills; I pay our taxes, college tuition/books, and soccer and band fees. :) Everything but the taxes are optional and the taxes would be almost nonexistent if I quit. Actually, the college tuition would have more help from Pell grants if I quit.

The boss won't let me go. She uses me as her own personal draft horse to pull other people out of the ditches. She's just having one of those days where she's walking right up to the line of making me aggravated enough to leave.

That's really awesome that you're so secure. I mean that sincerely. That's the dream. It still sucks that other people are nervous, though :( I can never calm down when the people around me are stressed.
    (Although, your cat-rocking-chair metaphor is worth hanging onto. I would counter with "as nervous as a field of horses in which there is a singular garden hose but everybody's gotta panic anyway because WHATISTHATTHING")

Thanks, I know I have a pretty great life. I also know that I worked hard for it.
    In my office, nervousness leads to speculation, which is basically unpleasant background noise to me. If you shut up and do your job, the rest usually works out. The first round of layoffs is over. The next one will be the consolidation of urgent care offices. Those people will be transferred to the hospitals, mostly, but a few won't have positions. What we don't know is which administration offices are going to be moved to new digs. Marketing has been moved already and physician credentialing/insurance contracting will be moving to a single location in JC in June or July, but that's all we know. I suspect that tomorrow more physical moves are going to be announced.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    GRKHFM00308092__95345.1521565564.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

So good! Low in sugar & a lot of peanut butter.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

I'm sure I've said this before, but mine is Marshmallow Fruit Loops.

That cereal is one of my faves too! I did buy the Frosted Flakes/Lucky Charms mixed cereal so maybe that will be number one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    spamarie wrote: »
    I was amazed by some of the colours of the cereal in the states. I think we must have different colourant rules because I've never seen anything like it here! I became addicted to count chocula for one week! I'm glad I don't have to be tempted by it constantly. I've seen lucky charms in the import aisle occasionally, but they cost a bomb.

Fibre one has slowly started making it's way over here. I know what will happen if I eat three of those brownies, and yet I never learn!

I still laugh about eating almost the whole box & then farting the whole plane ride to Hawaii.
  • fitoverfortymom

I. Actually. Have.

*raises hand in shame*
    you are.... not alone...... I don't think it was cinnamon toast crunch but for sure an entire box of cereal.

I'm sure I've plowed more than one. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams are my go-to.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member

I. Actually. Have.

*raises hand in shame*

I'm sure I've plowed more than one. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams are my go-to.

Yep, Golden Grahams is another flavor I could eat waayy too much of in one sitting. I think I try to leave at least one serving , so I don't feel really bad about eating it all.
  • fitoverfortymom
    I was amazed by some of the colours of the cereal in the states. I think we must have different colourant rules because I've never seen anything like it here! I became addicted to count chocula for one week! I'm glad I don't have to be tempted by it constantly. I've seen lucky charms in the import aisle occasionally, but they cost a bomb.

Fibre one has slowly started making it's way over here. I know what will happen if I eat three of those brownies, and yet I never learn!

I still laugh about eating almost the whole box & then farting the whole plane ride to Hawaii.

On Wednesday night I ate 3-4 multi-serving bowls of granola and I probably had enough gas to propel myself to Hawaii yesterday. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

On Wednesday night I ate 3-4 multi-serving bowls of granola and I probably had enough gas to propel myself to Hawaii yesterday. :#

This made me giggle.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2018
    So the meeting is over and basically, we are going to inherit all of the urgent care related work on July 1. It probably means that I will be working g overtime, but that's about it as far as I can tell. They have approximately 55 people who have to be moved in with our current 65. I think once they move out two other departments, we will have the room we need here, but that is not set in stone.

ETA: other things will be integrated after urgent care, but there isn't a definite time table and we will all be in the same place before all of the integration happens.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Mel, sounds like you handle change pretty well. I probably would be freaking out. You deserve a promotion.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Mel, sounds like you handle change pretty well. I probably would be freaking out. You deserve a promotion.

I might get another one, based on what the bosses said in our occupational medicine meeting. I might end up a coordinator for that team, which is a step below manager. I would have 4 people under me if that happens. I could also end up a chemotherapy team coordinator. I am not holding my breath for either one.
  • SoulOfRusalka

I might get another one, based on what the bosses said in our occupational medicine meeting. I might end up a coordinator for that team, which is a step below manager. I would have 4 people under me if that happens. I could also end up a chemotherapy team coordinator. I am not holding my breath for either one.

What would either of those mean/why are they not good? Just out of curiosity.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Confession: I ate most of my day's calories before noon thanks to meeting a friend for lunch and throwing out my plan for the day.

Confession: Not sorry. Would do it again, even though I'm now having fruit salad for dinner.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2018

What would either of those mean/why are they not good? Just out of curiosity.

I have autism, Soul. I don't know how the stress of being anyone's boss would work for me. I am too much of a lone wolf, I think. I could do it, but I don't know if I want to.

ETA: I work in the revenue cycle department for a health system with 16 hospitals, 12 urgent care locations, six outpatient surgery centers, and close to 150 physicians office of all specialties. My job is to get us paid for what we do. Occupational medicine team works with workers compensation insurance. Chemo team fights with pretty much everyone to get the best reimbursement for our chemotherapy treatments. (I would love to say it isn't fighting, but it is. However, I am very good at it.) I do both of those things now, plus I work to get physical therapy paid (because everyone needs one easy job) and do insurance refunds and cash posting when necessary.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

I don't handle it well if it's sudden. I do have a good business education so I have been able to predict most of what has happened so far.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?

I do all my batch cooking on Sundays. I honestly do not know how people cook after working all day, if they have something to do in the evenings!

@Italian_Buju I need to start batch cooking on my days off to limit the times I come home from work & end up eating cereal, ice cream, or other junky foods.

It really is SO much easier! And stops mindless snacking while deciding on dinner or fast food desperation.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Same..except I can kill it in one sitting. Cinnamon Life too.
    Actually any/all cereals. :#

Cinnamon Chex.......