Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    I don't know what pumpkin spice is!

I'm also indifferent to all kinds of football but hubby is a giants fan so I put up with it. It is not going well!

In other pumpkin news, we grew our own for the first time, and I have made pumpkin and ginger cake, and toasted pumpkin seeds, and it was not a total disaster. I have plenty of frozen purée left too.

Pumpkin (pie) spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. McCormick started putting them all in the same bottle when I was 7 or 8, but my mother made me mix it from her spice shelf for a long time after that. Someone took the pie out and made it into a latte syrup and now it's everywhere in America.

Oh, if you try it at home it's 3 parts cinnamon, 2 parts nutmeg, 1 (or less) cloves. Cloves are strong so try it with less first.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

I'm also indifferent to all kinds of football but hubby is a giants fan so I put up with it. It is not going well!

In other pumpkin news, we grew our own for the first time, and I have made pumpkin and ginger cake, and toasted pumpkin seeds, and it was not a total disaster. I have plenty of frozen purée left too.

Pumpkin (pie) spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. McCormick started putting them all in the same bottle when I was 7 or 8, but my mother made me mix it from her spice shelf for a long time after that. Someone took the pie out and made it into a latte syrup and now it's everywhere in America.

Oh, if you try it at home it's 3 parts cinnamon, 2 parts nutmeg, 1 (or less) cloves. Cloves are strong so try it with less first.

I have cinnamon and nutmeg on my Weetbix (an Australian thing) every morning. Might need to add some cloves to that. Sounds yummy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I have cinnamon and nutmeg on my Weetbix (an Australian thing) every morning. Might need to add some cloves to that. Sounds yummy.

Is Weetbix almost like a granola bar you eat with milk?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Here is for your PUMPKIN SPICE OVERLOAD!!!

<<snipped photos>>

Those are hilarious.
  • quiksylver296
    So, Tennessee stomped East Tennessee State worse than I expected today. It was a money game for our FCS football team and I saw lots of improvement over our play last week so I won't complain. However, I still think our new coach is starting the wrong QB.

Mississippi State played well from the highlights I saw. I was at work during their game.

Good football day for me.

Boise State killed UConn. We play Oklahoma State next Saturday at Oklahoma. That's going to be challenging.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

Nope. It is pretty much wheat (like 98% wheat) compressed into a biscuit. You do eat it with milk, or butter and vegemite if you so desire.
    te6gyl1epimp.jpg

• quiksylver296
    edited September 2018

Nope. It is pretty much wheat (like 98% wheat) compressed into a biscuit. You do eat it with milk, or butter and vegemite if you so desire.
    <<snipped photo>>

But, but, all the evil GLUTENZ!!! :o

;)
  • quiksylver296
    Atlas found a friend at the dog park yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTrzxRJhFrs
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I like pumpkin stuff, but I don't go crazy and hunt stuff down.

I finally found Weetbix ( for some reason I thought it was Weetabix) last year. Good stuff!

Yay for making doggie friends!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    The big ones love to find someone their size to play with!!! Sweet!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I finally found Weetbix ( for some reason I thought it was Weetabix) last year. Good stuff!

It's Weetabix in the UK. My hubby has 4 every morning with milk and sugar. Keeps him regular!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

It's Weetabix in the UK. My hubby has 4 every morning with milk and sugar. Keeps him regular!

I actually looked when I was in the grocery store today and it's Weetabix here too.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

It's like a huge shredded wheat, isn't it?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    So, Tennessee stomped East Tennessee State worse than I expected today. It was a money game for our FCS football team and I saw lots of improvement over our play last week so I won't complain. However, I still think our new coach is starting the wrong QB.

Mississippi State played well from the highlights I saw. I was at work during their game.

Good football day for me.

Boise State killed UConn. We play Oklahoma State next Saturday at Oklahoma. That's going to be challenging.

Yep, that will be a challenge.
    ETSU starts conference play on the road.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

<<snipped photo>>

But, but, all the evil GLUTENZ!!! :o

;)

Only for me. Those four weetabix would be enough to put me in hospital for a week or so.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I was sad when Dunkin Donuts ran out of the new Apple Caramel donut last Saturday. They asked if I wanted anything else. Um no!

Tim's has an amazing apple cinnamon tart right now. I have been mostly staying away so it does not become a 'situation' :#
  • Italian_Buju
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Sipping my first pumpkin chai of the season. (Bring on the pumpkin hate ;) )

zm8084e70dc3.jpg

I'm not against pumpkin spice, I just don't understand the hype. :confused:

It's amazing!
    I already have had bread, tea, pancakes and gum this year and its only the beginning of September!
  • Italian_Buju
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Here is for your PUMPKIN SPICE OVERLOAD!!!hw9v2b33zjst.jpeg
    prjbkqnzde1b.jpeg
    4tfmfd6298rs.jpeg
    czgc5dn9ecbi.jpeg
    kzs81s035iy1.jpeg
    o6adtzl60wjs.jpeg

YES
    OMG I need to find the oatmeal!
  • Italian_Buju
    I slept in until nine today! I usually never sleep in that late & the latest would generally be 7:30-7:45. I'm thinking my body was exhausted after the two days of volunteering to push carts last week in the blistering heat of 90 degrees & working six days in a row.

I have off today & tomorrow & then embark on a nine day in a row work week (Tuesday-next Wednesday).

What time do you usually go to bed?
  • Italian_Buju

Throw some of that pumpkin puree into pancakes with some cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice and BAM, homemade pumpkin spice!