Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Confession: I hate my doctor for her awful timing.
    Two days before Thanksgiving in 2011, I got my celiac diagnosis. No dessert, no super yummy Grandma's rolls.
    Monday, I had a liver ultrasound and the most likely culprit for my elevated enzymes is Primary Biliary Cholangitis. I have to have more testing the middle of November, but what I can do to prevent or slow liver damage is eat less than 150g of carbs/day.
    It's HALLOWEEN and I can't eat candy or practically anything else that people brought for the office party.
    WHY does she do this to me???!!!!

ETA: I also have a 2.1cm gallstone that apparently should be causing crippling pain, but miraculously isn't. I guess I will have to have the GB removed, but I am not going to plan that until my dad is out of the hospital. We're in week 3 of this round - now in rehab.

So sorry, Mel! That really stinks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Tomorrow morning, we're cleaning, then we get to see the grandson which is ALWAYS great. Tomorrow evening, my church is doing a chili cook-off so we're going to that! Mike always enters a chili and has even won! Sunday is church, then voting, then Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. Rachael has been begging to go for weeks, so I think Sunday is the day!

Pretty low-key compared to the past weekends. Except for church, I plan on wearing sweatpants all weekend!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm DIY-ing on Saturday, I want to get certain things in the flat finished for Christmas, followed by watching the fireworks for Bonfire Night in the evening. On Sunday probably housecleaning and food shopping, then we are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the Cinema. Really looking forward to seeing it :smiley:
  • Lois_1989
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning, we're cleaning, then we get to see the grandson which is ALWAYS great. Tomorrow evening, my church is doing a chili cook-off so we're going to that! Mike always enters a chili and has even won! Sunday is church, then voting, then Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. Rachael has been begging to go for weeks, so I think Sunday is the day!

Pretty low-key compared to the past weekends. Except for church, I plan on wearing sweatpants all weekend!

My favourite thing to do! :wink:
  • Lois_1989
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.

Send my love to your dad.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Send my love to your dad.

Aw, thanks!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm going to a wedding tomorrow!! I'm not very sure about my outfit and I'm hoping the kids are quiet during the important bits. But I know my friend (the bride) has been really thoughtful about making it family friendly so I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

I have uni exams coming up in a couple of weeks so I will be spending much of the weekend studying, although I am looking forward to going out for lunch tomorrow with a couple of friends.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm going to a wedding tomorrow!! I'm not very sure about my outfit and I'm hoping the kids are quiet during the important bits. But I know my friend (the bride) has been really thoughtful about making it family friendly so I'm really looking forward to it.

Have fun, Anne-Marie. (waves magic wand for quiet kids)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Where is that, Ceci? Looks fabulous!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I have uni exams coming up in a couple of weeks so I will be spending much of the weekend studying, although I am looking forward to going out for lunch tomorrow with a couple of friends.

Good luck!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Update: My friend from Maryland was passing through town today, so we met up for coffee before I headed to see Dad. I never made it there because my SUV started over heating. It was low on coolant, but I am not sure why. I refilled it and will go see Dad tomorrow.
  • spamarie
    spamarie wrote: »

Have fun, Anne-Marie. (waves magic wand for quiet kids)

Thanks Mel, would you happen to know a spell for inducing sleep in little ones?! (It's 3am here).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    How many hours are you ahead of me, 5? I will try the magic wand for sleep at about 4:30 or 5 and we will see. :) if you happen to have lavender tea, boiling that and letting the smell full the house might relax them. :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Tomorrow, riding my bicycle over a mountain, even though I haven't been on the bike in 2 weeks. :#

Sunday- Hiking to here:
    7lugs9t4fmxj.jpg

Fall colors should be fabulous!

Where is this hike? That is STUNNING!!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Hey, Spam, did my magic wand work for sleep? (have to ask, even though I think probably not)
  • spamarie
    Hey, Spam, did my magic wand work for sleep? (have to ask, even though I think probably not)

Nope, in fact Ellie got her first ever stomach bug last night! 2 emergency baths, several loads of laundry and a day spent cuddling on the sofa and she's still pretty miserable this evening. Poor mite! Thanks for thinking of us though.