Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I took the boy to the gym with me yesterday afternoon. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. When we got home he ate dinner, and went back to bed. I was exhausted so I was in bed by 7:00, too. We partied it up this Halloween! :D

We never get Trick-or-Treaters. We live too far out in the boonies.

Is he likely to go with you often?

Yeah, he's training with my trainer and has a 5-day-a-week training program.

Way to go Payton!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Confession: I hate my doctor for her awful timing.
    Two days before Thanksgiving in 2011, I got my celiac diagnosis. No dessert, no super yummy Grandma's rolls.
    Monday, I had a liver ultrasound and the most likely culprit for my elevated enzymes is Primary Biliary Cholangitis. I have to have more testing the middle of November, but what I can do to prevent or slow liver damage is eat less than 150g of carbs/day.
    It's HALLOWEEN and I can't eat candy or practically anything else that people brought for the office party.
    WHY does she do this to me???!!!!

ETA: I also have a 2.1cm gallstone that apparently should be causing crippling pain, but miraculously isn't. I guess I will have to have the GB removed, but I am not going to plan that until my dad is out of the hospital. We're in week 3 of this round - now in rehab.

That is horrible timing.
    That’s a large stone,I hope it stays put

I hope it stays put too. However, my dad has decided to convert to being a long term resident at the rehab facility. Basically, it's the VA version of assisted living. He won't get the intense therapy, but will have aides making sure he takes his medicine and they'll cook and do his laundry. We can go get him and take him out any time he wants to go. I feel like this is a good solution for him and like I could schedule to have the gallbladder out before it moves while Tamara is home for Christmas if my doctor thinks that's the best plan.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.

Christmas shopping :cry:

I dont wanna think about Christmas yet!

• Italian_Buju
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm DIY-ing on Saturday, I want to get certain things in the flat finished for Christmas, followed by watching the fireworks for Bonfire Night in the evening. On Sunday probably housecleaning and food shopping, then we are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the Cinema. Really looking forward to seeing it :smiley:

How was this? I think I am gonna go see it Tuesday!
  • Italian_Buju
    spamarie wrote: »
    Hey, Spam, did my magic wand work for sleep? (have to ask, even though I think probably not)

Nope, in fact Ellie got her first ever stomach bug last night! 2 emergency baths, several loads of laundry and a day spent cuddling on the sofa and she's still pretty miserable this evening. Poor mite! Thanks for thinking of us though.

Oh poor baby, that sucks!
  • Italian_Buju
    Hey, Spam, did my magic wand work for sleep? (have to ask, even though I think probably not)

Nope, in fact Ellie got her first ever stomach bug last night! 2 emergency baths, several loads of laundry and a day spent cuddling on the sofa and she's still pretty miserable this evening. Poor mite! Thanks for thinking of us though.

Oh, I am sorry. I hope she feels better soon.

What happened to your other account? You abandoned ship and started again?

MFP logged me out and my password that I changed when they had the data breach in March would not let me log back in. I asked for a password reset 5 different times and got the same email that it was my fault because I hadn't changed it in March. I replied to 3 of those emails and still never got a link to reset the old account. I am not impressed but I set up a new account because I love you guys and I need to track my carbs for my health's sake at the moment.
    Mourning my 775 day streak... :(

Ummmm, I've had the same problem trying to log on on my phone. Currently on my tablet but when that logs me out, who knows?! At least I have no streak to speak of.

Then you will have to make a new account like Mel.....don't you dare disappear on us!
  • Italian_Buju
    So with increased exercising came lots of increased sweating. And I have one of the ugly dreaded belly flap issues. I did buy two compression shirts, but they still are not really doing the job. So I forced myself to look on the internet and found something called Tummy Liners and bought some. They are washable and I shove under said Belly Flap daily. I am not much of a sewer, but went to a material store and bought some flannel and made some more much thicker. Gold Bond does not work there. And trust me you do not want to hear the story of Talcum Powder there almost ended up in ER.

I kinda think we do...

No, in all seriousness, glad you found something that works for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Confession: I hate my doctor for her awful timing.
    Two days before Thanksgiving in 2011, I got my celiac diagnosis. No dessert, no super yummy Grandma's rolls.
    Monday, I had a liver ultrasound and the most likely culprit for my elevated enzymes is Primary Biliary Cholangitis. I have to have more testing the middle of November, but what I can do to prevent or slow liver damage is eat less than 150g of carbs/day.
    It's HALLOWEEN and I can't eat candy or practically anything else that people brought for the office party.
    WHY does she do this to me???!!!!

ETA: I also have a 2.1cm gallstone that apparently should be causing crippling pain, but miraculously isn't. I guess I will have to have the GB removed, but I am not going to plan that until my dad is out of the hospital. We're in week 3 of this round - now in rehab.

That is horrible timing.
    That’s a large stone,I hope it stays put

I hope it stays put too. However, my dad has decided to convert to being a long term resident at the rehab facility. Basically, it's the VA version of assisted living. He won't get the intense therapy, but will have aides making sure he takes his medicine and they'll cook and do his laundry. We can go get him and take him out any time he wants to go. I feel like this is a good solution for him and like I could schedule to have the gallbladder out before it moves while Tamara is home for Christmas if my doctor thinks that's the best plan.

Glad to hear this! Good luck!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    I'm DIY-ing on Saturday, I want to get certain things in the flat finished for Christmas, followed by watching the fireworks for Bonfire Night in the evening. On Sunday probably housecleaning and food shopping, then we are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the Cinema. Really looking forward to seeing it :smiley:

How was this? I think I am gonna go see it Tuesday!

Ah so good!! We are considering seeing it again. :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.

Agreed! I'm not in that frame of mind yet.
  • melissafeagins

I don't have much choice with three birthdays that week.
  • melissafeagins

Oh, I am sorry. I hope she feels better soon.

What happened to your other account? You abandoned ship and started again?

MFP logged me out and my password that I changed when they had the data breach in March would not let me log back in. I asked for a password reset 5 different times and got the same email that it was my fault because I hadn't changed it in March. I replied to 3 of those emails and still never got a link to reset the old account. I am not impressed but I set up a new account because I love you guys and I need to track my carbs for my health's sake at the moment.
    Mourning my 775 day streak... :(

Ummmm, I've had the same problem trying to log on on my phone. Currently on my tablet but when that logs me out, who knows?! At least I have no streak to speak of.

Then you will have to make a new account like Mel.....don't you dare disappear on us!

Yes. This. Except for being mad over my streak being gone, it hasn't been that bad. I have most of the friends I wanted in my feed back now and you all know that I have here every day for two years. :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member

I announced a few months ago that I was boycotting Christmas this year... no decorating, no gifts.
    I get REALLY depressed each year and just don't want to deal this year.
    My family initially said ok, but now im getting resistance.

I have agreed to remember the birth of Christ -- even said I would bake a cake and decorate it and we would sing happy birthday. Just no tree or decorations.

My husband announced last night that he would put up the tree. I think if he does, I will just avoid that room of the house.

This is SCROOGE MODE at its FINEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I announced a few months ago that I was boycotting Christmas this year... no decorating, no gifts.

I have agreed to remember the birth of Christ -- even said I would bake a cake and decorate it and we would sing happy birthday. Just no tree or decorations.

My husband announced last night that he would put up the tree. I think if he does, I will just avoid that room of the house.

Stick to your guns, girl. If they want "commercial Christmas" and you don't, make them do it. My Bible doesn't say commemorate Jesus' birth anywhere. It says remember his death and resurrection all over the New Testament.

• Beka3695

Stick to your guns, girl. If they want "commercial Christmas" and you don't, make them do it. My Bible doesn't say commemorate Jesus' birth anywhere. It says remember his death and resurrection all over the New Testament.

So the big deal should be made at Easter... Makes sense as he gave his life for us - the ultimate gift.

Thanks for the insight!
  • Beka3695
    CONFESSION
    A marketer brought candy to my office yesterday (I was out) so I came in to find 5 pieces of GOOD chocolate. Lindor, Ghiradelli, etc. I have already eaten it all.

Looks like chocolate is all or nothing for me
  • Italian_Buju
    edited November 2018

I do not care for Christmas at all. I do not decorate or anything like that. I do a dinner with my kids and gifts but that is the extent of it for me.

Easter is the big celebration at my house. I mean, isn't that the most important Christian holiday?
  • Beka3695

I do not care for Christmas at all. I do not decorate or anything like that. I do a dinner with my kids and gifts but that is the extent of it for me.

You are my spirit animal!!! That would TOTALLY work for me.
  • melissafeagins

So the big deal should be made at Easter... Makes sense as he gave his life for us - the ultimate gift.

Thanks for the insight!

Yes, and I make a BIG deal at Easter.
  • melissafeagins
    CONFESSION
    A marketer brought candy to my office yesterday (I was out) so I came in to find 5 pieces of GOOD chocolate. Lindor, Ghiradelli, etc. I have already eaten it all.

Looks like chocolate is all or nothing for me

Chocolate is all or nothing for a lot of people.