Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you Mel.

No where near as woeful, but I smashed the side of my car up pretty badly today. Nobody hurt but we had just had an ok month financially for the first time in aaaaages and now I've blown that out of the water in 10 seconds flat paying out on insurance excess, let alone my premiums will go up (it was my fault) and all the palaver these things entail. Not my finest hour. Feeling a bit fed up.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Definitely pneumonia. On a sulfa antibiotic and still using oxygen, plus nebulizer treatments every 4 hours except at night. At the hospital, we'd wake him up for it, but it's probably not actually worth fighting him over it.
    Now we wait to see if it works and how far he bounces back.

Also, this where I put off running away from home next weekend. Boo hiss.... And where I am completely out of energy to be mad at my husband for going with his friends knowing this might happen.

Oh, no. :( Hugs and prayers going up!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Hugs to you Mel.

No where near as woeful, but I smashed the side of my car up pretty badly today. Nobody hurt but we had just had an ok month financially for the first time in aaaaages and now I've blown that out of the water in 10 seconds flat paying out on insurance excess, let alone my premiums will go up (it was my fault) and all the palaver these things entail. Not my finest hour. Feeling a bit fed up.

Sorry, Spam, that does sound very frustrating! I'd be fed up as well.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you Mel.

So sorry about your car, Spam. But so glad everyone is okay. Working at the hospital, I see all the ones who aren't... And I'm always amazed at how few of them there are. (I want Rosie the Robot, but the Jetsons can keep the flying cars. I'd hate see what crashing in the sky would do to people.)

Anyway, I would be right there with you in the frustration of it all. And probably would be even I had the cash stashed somewhere to afford the damage. It's just such a bother especially if you think you could have avoided it somehow..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you Mel.

Oh, no! Glad everyone is ok.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    You are so talented, Spammy! I hope whatever is making you mad goes away.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Mel - any update on your dad? I have been MIA for a number of days and was hoping for better news by now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I've been doing some tiny sewing because I'm mad and it chills me out (and stops me snacking!!).
    xs6dgwaxampm.jpg
    mcb10519n2eq.jpg

You are so talented with that! Amazing!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Mel - any update on your dad? I have been MIA for a number of days and was hoping for better news by now!

He is feeling better but may need the O2 for the rest of his life. COPD has finally caught up with him.
    BUT he did feel up to going to the activity room for Bingo yesterday and he did walk down to one of the nursing home lounges and sit in a chair for a while. It isn't as good as where he was, but it is better.

I hope he can get some good quality of life, that is the main aim! Hugs.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'm still fairly mad and antsy. Combination of feeling like I'm paddling as fast as I can but never really getting anywhere. I suspect something will give soon. I'm not about to give up the kids or my day job as rubbish though it is, at least it pays. I think my handmade biz is on its final warning (I make kids'nursery decor). I'm spending so much time on it, not making any money and not really enjoying it any more. I may as well focus on making and selling the odd miniature. That doesn't really make any money either, but at least I enjoy it!

Just really hoped I'd find a solution to working around the kids. I can't increase working hours outside of the home as any more hours than I currently do would cost me my whole salary in extra childcare. I'm trapped like that for at least a year. Really annoys me that society and economics mean both parents need to work, but childcare is so prohibitively expensive I literally can't afford to. The only parents with two small kids who can are either earning big bucks, or have very helpful grandparents nearby. Neither are true for me, so I thought I'd help myself by setting up a home business, but it's not working.

That is super crappy.

A friend of mine, years ago, had to live with relatives until her children were school aged because even though her and her husband made decent money, daycare costs were so high, they could not afford both daycare and rent! Asinine!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I'M GOING TO BE A GRAND MA!!!!!

I arrived home last night to find a package on my doorstep. Opened it to find a onesie and a passy!
    My daughter is due in February!!!!!

Yay congratulations @Beka3695!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My dad has spiked a fever and is now on O2, but has pulled out his IV. As soon as I can get Tyler's dinner cooked and one of adult boys to stay with him I am going to the nursing home. Big Chris (his favorite nurse) thinks it's pneumonia but they're waiting for labs to come back. I said that Monday when they didn't show anything yet, so....

Prayers going up for your dad.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Whew...just read 3368 pages of this thread...well not just now, but over the last 3 months.
    Confession: you all inspired me to lose 36 pounds since 5/29. Lost that weight ten times over in my "dieting" career. Apparently, I always skipped the chapter on maintenance in the "diet" books I read, and erroneously thought I could eat ALL THE FOOD. Nope...will always need to monitor what I'm stuffing in my mouth.
    You guys are great...make that SUPER GREAT. I will confess that now that I'm at the end, I'll have to find a new hobby.

That’s quite a feat! Well done!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Whew...just read 3368 pages of this thread...well not just now, but over the last 3 months.
    Confession: you all inspired me to lose 36 pounds since 5/29. Lost that weight ten times over in my "dieting" career. Apparently, I always skipped the chapter on maintenance in the "diet" books I read, and erroneously thought I could eat ALL THE FOOD. Nope...will always need to monitor what I'm stuffing in my mouth.
    You guys are great...make that SUPER GREAT. I will confess that now that I'm at the end, I'll have to find a new hobby.

Nah, just start adding pages and keep reading. You're super great for catching up.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    I just made dinner reservations for Saturday night an lied and said it was my birthday hoping for a free cake.
    TBH, my birthday is later this month and I will be out of town every weekend until after.

Is this bad?