Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited June 2020
    Confession: if my 26 year old can't move back to school soon I may lose my mind. She swears she cleans up after herself and I keep finding pots and pans she gets out, but doesn't use, on my kitchen counters every day.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I confess that I need a piece of flourless chocolate cake from the bakery @melissafeagins met me a couple years ago! And a cappuccino!!!!
  • melissafeagins
    French Broad Chocolate is still there and I can be there in less than two hours. #Enabling
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Hi all. I've been gone a long time. It's been a crazy, no good ride. How are you all doing?
  • melissafeagins
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hi all. I've been gone a long time. It's been a crazy, no good ride. How are you all doing?

Crazy, mediocre ride... it's good to see you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Trying to keep my head above water. Glad to see you.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Confession: if my 26 year old can't move back to school soon I may lose my mind. She swears she cleans up after herself and I keep finding pots and pans she gets out, but doesn't use, on my kitchen counters every day.

Consider yourself lucky if that is all she does. My son would cook a three course gourmet meal on the daily and cleaned NOTHING.

How much longer does she have to finish school?
  • melissafeagins
    She has a year and we move her into her own apartment near the university on the 24th of July, Nicole.
    It's like $20 more / month than a shared university apartment and she has control of who comes in and out.
  • quiksylver296
    Prayers and positive thoughts please. My 87 year old dad has Covid. We are trying to get him transferred from isolation at his nursing home to the VA hospital today. He is 100% service disabled and his social worker is onboard, it just may not happen until tomorrow.

Prayers! I hope he comes through ok.

My sister is waiting on a test to see if she is positive.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    We had a close family friend quarantine himself. He hasn't been tested yet, but he thinks he has it. Another man that was a schoolmate of my husband and is a LEO, is on a ventilator now with it.
  • quiksylver296
    My sister is positive, but with very, very minor symptoms thankfully. I last saw her on July 4th, so I think we're good. Fingers crossed.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    She has a year and we move her into her own apartment near the university on the 24th of July, Nicole.
    It's like $20 more / month than a shared university apartment and she has control of who comes in and out.

That's awesome!
  • melissafeagins
    We finally got Dad moved to the VA hospital yesterday. He has severe pneumonia, and I didn't have the heart to ask the doctor I talked to last night what he thought his chance of recovery is.

We did light the nursing home up because they didn't send dad's current medication list to the hospital. My dad is on sliding scale insulin and takes blood thinners. How in the kitten do not tell a hospital that?!?!?! (That little rant has nothing to do with Covid. It's just a general rant.)
  • quiksylver296
    We finally got Dad moved to the VA hospital yesterday. He has severe pneumonia, and I didn't have the heart to ask the doctor I talked to last night what he thought his chance of recovery is.

We did light the nursing home up because they didn't send dad's current medication list to the hospital. My dad is on sliding scale insulin and takes blood thinners. How in the kitten do not tell a hospital that?!?!?! (That little rant has nothing to do with Covid. It's just a general rant.)

Hugs and prayers, Mel!
  • Beka3695
    Melissa, I am so sorry. Your pain must be almost unbearable. As for your brothers - you did what you could do. Now they have to play catch-up with reality.

Hugs to you and your family!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Melissa, I am so sorry. Your pain must be almost unbearable. As for your brothers - you did what you could do. Now they have to play catch-up with reality.

Thanks. I am going to need that chocolate cake soon.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Thanks. I am going to need that chocolate cake soon.

We will make this happen... a little more coordination this time with me living in Florida for the most part. But - we can make it happen!!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Let's wait until fall. The leaves will be pretty and we may even have a vaccine for the monster virus.