Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So I did a thing on Friday. I got my first dose of the covid vaccine. Work is about to make it a mandatory thing. First 24 hours, just a bit of a sore arm, second 24 the fatigue, aches and chills set in. Lasted about a day, then felt better. Second dose due at the end of the month! We shall see how that goes.

Keep me updated! I'm interested. Your symptoms sound about like everyone else I've talked to. I have heard the second dose has worse symptoms.

Remind me. Did you already get COVID, pre-vaccine?
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    So I did a thing on Friday. I got my first dose of the covid vaccine. Work is about to make it a mandatory thing. First 24 hours, just a bit of a sore arm, second 24 the fatigue, aches and chills set in. Lasted about a day, then felt better. Second dose due at the end of the month! We shall see how that goes.

I got my first dose on 12/29 & my second on 1/15. I had a sore arm from #1 and felt like I was catching a cold for 3 - 4 days with #2.

I am capable of doing patient facing CNA care (though I would have to retest for my license, which I haven't used in forever) and I know every front end registration job in the system, so they vaccinated me in case I have to fill in for clinic staff.

I am kinda mad that I got mine before you, though. (I know it's a different state, but still.)
  • eng45ine
    eng45ine Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I received my first COVID vaccine (Moderna) on January 16, other than a sore arm, I felt as though I was going to get a sore throat that evening. I have had no adverse reactions since, I get the second dose on February 16.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Awesome!

Where I am we are in Phase 2 of vaccine roll out and I am in group 3 (out of 6), so I am hoping its not too much longer away. I am so ready to get out of this house!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    eng45ine wrote: »
    I received my first COVID vaccine (Moderna) on January 16, other than a sore arm, I felt as though I was going to get a sore throat that evening. I have had no adverse reactions since, I get the second dose on February 16.

My coworkers who got Moderna had worse side effects second time around. "Take Tylenol or Advil while you are in the line." has been their advice.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Awesome!

Where I am we are in Phase 2 of vaccine roll out and I am in group 3 (out of 6), so I am hoping its not too much longer away. I am so ready to get out of this house!

Good luck, Nicole. We are vaccinating 70+ and teachers right now. My husband should be in the next group.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Keep me updated! I'm interested. Your symptoms sound about like everyone else I've talked to. I have heard the second dose has worse symptoms.

Remind me. Did you already get COVID, pre-vaccine?

Yes, I had it about a month prior to the vaccine. Very mild, one day of fatigue and loss of taste and smell for about five days. My vaccination site is still a bit sore, we will see how the second goes on the 19th.
  • crosbylee
    edited February 2021
    Options

I got my first dose on 12/29 & my second on 1/15. I had a sore arm from #1 and felt like I was catching a cold for 3 - 4 days with #2.

I am capable of doing patient facing CNA care (though I would have to retest for my license, which I haven't used in forever) and I know every front end registration job in the system, so they vaccinated me in case I have to fill in for clinic staff.

I am kinda mad that I got mine before you, though. (I know it's a different state, but still.)

Don't be mad, it was by choice. I could have gotten it earlier, I just put if off until after I spoke with my doctor. I got the Pfizer version.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    I get my second dose on the 19th. I will keep in mind to take Advil or something right beforehand. Right before my vaccination, my doc had set me up to start the Ozempic injectable and Metformin. I waited until after the vaccine to start them. Mainly so I wouldn't get any side effects confused.
  • melissafeagins
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Confession, my new nails are peel & stick polish. I am not sure how I feel about them.
    I can't get the picture to upload from my phone while I am waiting for the 14yo at school. I will put it on my feed if you want to see.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession, my new nails are peel & stick polish. I am not sure how I feel about them.
    I can't get the picture to upload from my phone while I am waiting for the 14yo at school. I will put it on my feed if you want to see.

I like them. How are they holding up?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have a job interview at 10:00 MST. Wish me luck!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Awesome!

Good luck, Nicole. We are vaccinating 70+ and teachers right now. My husband should be in the next group.

We are not here that far, at least where I live. All long term care residents have gotten their first shot. Now, health care workers are getting their first shot. Then long term care residents will be ready for their second shot, and then
    the health care workers. After that I do believe I should be getting my first shot, along with anyone over 75 years old or with high risk factors. Then teachers and other essential workers would get their first shot and then I should receive the second shot at that point. So really hoping to be fully vaccinated by early summer.

When do you get your second shot, Melissa?
  • melissafeagins
    Options

When do you get your second shot, Melissa?

I got my second dose on 1/15.

Husband is still waiting, but should be getting his soon because he works for a company that makes food packaging so TN has put him in tier 2a.
    Tier 1b is people over 65. Teachers acroos the state were vaccinated on 2/12 & 13 on orders from the governor even though they are 1c.

Also, I haven't grown any weird new appendages or had any side effects beyond mild cold symptoms day 2-4.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Had to delay my second dose here because of the freeze here in Texas. Got it rescheduled to this week.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Quick, I wish you the best on your search for employment.

Oberon, It's good to see you here

Ok Melissa, I had to look it up but there are many nice designs. How long do they last?

The holidays were rough in the hospitals and I am so glad that the covid counts have finally gone down.

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Miss y’all!!!

Hope everyone is okay...
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I like them. How are they holding up?

OK, now I know when I dropped my phone in a puddle. Total lack of motivation caused me to not put MFP back on my phone and now I am needing to get back in the groove.

My Color Street nails last 2-3 weeks on my hands and a pedi lasts 6. Not bad for $11-13 per set.

Hope everyone is well and happy.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Doing ok here. My son is still getting over his bout with the 'rona. Lucky for him, he didn't have a severe case, but some of the symptoms had mom worried, especially since he's 23 and doesn't live with me. Other than that, just getting my butt in gear and developing my workout routine. It's like Quik, stupid early gym time, but at least it is in my garage.

I hope you all are doing ok out there!! Miss this group.