Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Replies

• Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Good Afternoon everyone!
    Ruby, stick with it. We all have good and bad day, we just have to keep trying. During my day, I try to say at least 3 positive things either about myself or my day. I have heard that if you do it everyday for 30 days it becomes a habit. Keep your head up! I'm a working mom with kids too, so I understand.
    Joan: I know what you mean about one thing leads to another. I try my best to stay out of the kitchen once I get my last snack for the day which is 6oz low fat yogurt-80cal and 1 cup Special K red berries- 110 cal = 190 cal for my night time snack. If I am low on calories I'll increase my snack. I love vanilla yogurt and cereal!

I went to a chinese restaurant with my daughter yesterday and I think I did well; 1 cup egg drop soup, 12 boiled shrimp, about 4 oz steamed salmon, 1/2 cup imitation crab salad.

I met my goals yesterday except for going to do weights on the machine. I hate cold weather!!!

My goal for the day:
    1) Walk 60 minutes on the treadmill- done
    2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3) Stay under my 1200 calories

Everyone have a great day and keep putting out those goals.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    I met my goals yesterday yay!! So just for today 2/24
    1) WATER
    2) veggies I need to eat veggies
    3) stay in calorie goal
    4) cardio 30 mins
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goal:
    - Stay within calorie goal. A real challenge as I'm having lunch and possibly dinner out. Hmmm....

Did it! Hurrah for me! Actually under calorie goal. ☺☺☺
  • feistyjojo
    Wednesday's goal:
    - stay within gross calorie goal (ie eat back 0% of exercise calories)
    - really push myself at bootcamp - I'll only get fitter if I push myself to do more than I could last time!

Pushing myself to have an excellent week this week as next way I'm away with clients for 3 days, eating hotel meals and working 13 hour days.... so hoping to balance the 2 weeks out!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Yeah! I actually stayed in my calorie count yesterday, and whole day! I had lost 8 lbs and then have gained it all back so I am starting over -- I'm the same weight as in December 2014. I know this is Just for Today, but I have a deadline coming up, a challenge to lose 5 lbs in the next five weeks --- the big 60 is approaching and I'm anxious about that and would like to feel a little lighter. so for today again I will stay within my calories. Treat this challenge as a mindset and changing habits, as so many of you have previously stated.
    Enjoy your day!

you can do it! Great job for setting your goals and working towards a great birthday!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    Just for today 2/24
    1. Remember protein after run :)
    2. Strength training :)
    3. Remember to come back :)

Just for today 2/25
    1. Proretn
    2. Strength training
    3. Come backklcmyov9t4aw.jpg

• CenteredOne
    CenteredOne Posts: 14 Member
    This is 'day 1' for me. Great that this exists! Thank you for posting.
    For today: 10 minutes of PT exercises.
    Belly breathing throughout the day
    Remember 10 things I am thankful for
    Log my food and drink
    Give myself a hug
  • February 25th -

Just for today, I will;

1. Remember the progress I've made
    2. Pump some iron
    3. Drink lotsa water
    4. Exercise at least 180 minutes
    5. Stay focused and, Fierce Forward !!!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

1. Take a walk :D 5 miles total
    2. Log everything I eat. Honestly :D need to do this again
    3. No excuses. Everyone has challenges, I do too. :| I am still a work in progress here.

Keep Trying Everyone! Even small steps get you closer to your goals.

Now for today, I'm going to try again Just for today I will

1. Take a walk
    2. Log everything I eat. Honestly
    3. No excuses. Stay focused and get the job done.

Now off to work. Have a Great Wednesday!

Thank you Grandma Jackie for the inspiration. Yes, we can do this.
  • earthakin
    earthakin Posts: 15 Member
    Yesterday I did OK with my goals. Didn't snack. Drank water. Didn't log. Can do better.

Today:
    No snacking in between meals
    3 meals. log them here
    drink 96 oz of water
    do not eat at night after dinner!
  • ruby70
    [quote

Just for today Tuesday 2/24/15
    1.) work out on treadmill at lunch :)
    2.) do weights when I get home tonight :) (*) (*) (*) did 50 minutes of full body workout

[/quote]

Just for today Wednesday 2/25/15
    1.) Walk on treadmill at lunch for 40 minutes
    2.) log what I eat

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yesterday 2/24
    1. Get out for a walk.:\ Such a busy day, and never got out for my walk
    2. drink more water :)
    3. Eat only ONE small bowl of popcorn - then brush teeth, drink water. But no more food :) I did SO much better today, even though I didn't get my exercise in!

So I am going to be like losingrae -- keeping it simple.
    Just for today, Wed, 2/25
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water. I am going to try and just gulp 2 glasses at meal time and nite time, and then 2 in between. I struggle with water, and someone wrote that they also forget the water, but if they make a point to drink 2 cups each meal, that takes care of 6 right there.
    2. 30 minutes of exercise. It does not have to be just walking - get on that ellipitical!
    3. Log everything I eat

Jackie - thank you SO much for the reminder. Yes, everyday can be the first day. That is the nice thing, tomorrow is in the past. So again, today is my first day of the rest of my life!

Rae - you've got this! Losing weight does not need to be complicated. It is really as simple as you put it - exercise, and log all your food!

Love reading everyone posts. It gives me ideas, gives me encouragement.
  • mytime6630
    kklcmyov9t4aw.jpg

Jackie - I LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for posting
  • mytime6630
    Great day Ruby!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 2/24
    1. log :)
    2. get in 30 minutes of exercise :) I didn't go for my "scheduled" after dinner walk. But I did walk about 25 minutes at work.

I know that strength training is essential to a healthy body, especially as we age. However, I struggle with it because I do not find it enjoyable at all. Last week I contacted my sister in law who seems to be really into it and she sent me her routine. Last night I joined a gym. So the next month will be dedicated to learning a greater appreciation for strength training.

Just for Today 2/25
    1. Log, log, log
    2. get in 30 minutes cardio
    3. go to gym and do one set of each of the exercises on the list so that when it is time to start the routine, I will know what I'm doing.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Yesterday I reached all of my goals so feeling pretty motivated...if I can just stick with it everyday it will become second nature. So just for today 2/25
    1) go for walk on my lunch to relieve work stress so I won't be tempted by all the goodies around here
    2) stay in calorie goal
    3) not allow my body to define me, I am not perfect but I am getting stronger and healthier a number on a scale is not going to determine my self worth today
  • ruby70
    kegofstout wrote: »
    Yesterday I reached all of my goals so feeling pretty motivated...if I can just stick with it everyday it will become second nature. So just for today 2/25
    1) go for walk on my lunch to relieve work stress so I won't be tempted by all the goodies around here
    2) stay in calorie goal
    3) not allow my body to define me, I am not perfect but I am getting stronger and healthier a number on a scale is not going to determine my self worth today

I love your goals today, especially #3! You said it very well. I am going to learn from you. :)

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goal:
    - stay within gross calorie goal (ie eat back 0% of exercise calories) ☺
    - really push myself at bootcamp - I'll only get fitter if I push myself to do more than I could last time! ☺

Really pushed on the runs at bootcamp which I don't enjoy.... and I'm no longer at 5 he back of the group, which feels great!
    well under gross calorie goal never mind net. A good day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Tuesday:
    1. Going on a trip--continue tracking. :)
    2. 10,000 steps :)
    3. Go kayaking! :D:D

Wednesday:
    1. Continue tracking while eating at someone else's house...as well as possible!
    2. 15,000 steps
    3. Drop in on Zumba with old friend
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    @azulvioleta6, I gotta ask, what is your profile picture!? For the longest time, I thought it was you holding a sleeping baby. Then yesterday you said you're not a mom. I thought, it could still be a niece, nephew or friend...but for some reason, I really can't see it.