Question for the ladies...

2»

Replies

• jmorin0110
    jmorin0110 Posts: 10 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    ... wait. Back up. Spartan: Your WHAT??? What do you mean "owner"? Are you not a native English speaker and this is just an error in translation? People don't own people. That's illegal. :o

LOL I was wondering about this also! I put it off to not knowing the English language very well but she does refer to her "Master" on her bio page as well... strange LOL
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    When my husband went to police academy for 6 months he gained a fairly significant amount of muscle and lost a lot of fat. Obviously its a different situation but it is technically possible. He is 6'4 and weighed about 195 when he started, and when he graduated he weighed 215 and had gained several inches on his chest/shoulders (plus a 6pack). He was the only member of his troupe to actually gain weight during training lol

He gained muscle because he was eating at a calorie surplus, not a calorie deficit. Thus the weight gain. And sure, he ended up being more muscular and solid and less flabby, and his body fat percentage went down. But that's not the same as OP, who's eating at a calorie deficit and is losing weight.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    I threw out my scale!!! ;) I hate looking at the number on there and getting obsessed over it!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    I gain anywhere between 3-10 lbs, and 3-5 during ovulation. I can handle the scale numbers. It's just SO uncomfortable in general.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    segacs wrote: »
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    When my husband went to police academy for 6 months he gained a fairly significant amount of muscle and lost a lot of fat. Obviously its a different situation but it is technically possible. He is 6'4 and weighed about 195 when he started, and when he graduated he weighed 215 and had gained several inches on his chest/shoulders (plus a 6pack). He was the only member of his troupe to actually gain weight during training lol

He gained muscle because he was eating at a calorie surplus, not a calorie deficit. Thus the weight gain. And sure, he ended up being more muscular and solid and less flabby, and his body fat percentage went down. But that's not the same as OP, who's eating at a calorie deficit and is losing weight.

He claims he hardly ate because he hated the food there, but his idea of hardly eating is quite different than mine lol
  • mnewell0293
    mnewell0293 Posts: 34 Member
    thank goodness I am not alone in this...just started a few weeks ago in MFP and 1st time for the monthly friend....scale went up 4 pounds...YIKES....praying in the next few days...it goes down again...did nothing different...