AVOCADO!!!

124»

Replies

• bsballmom55
    bsballmom55 Posts: 13 Member
    smlewis63 wrote: »
    I have a ?
    I should not eat a whole one in a day so how do you store the rest so it does not turn brown?
    Leave the pit in the half you wanna keep put in a Baggie and then in the fridge

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    LOVE avocado! I typically eat half at a time, sprinkled with sea salt, with a spoon. The other half I store in the fridge, in a sealed plastic container, pit still in, sprinkled with lemon or lime juice. Yes, it still gets a little brown. None of those things completely stop it from browning. But you know what? It affects the flavor/texture absolutely ZERO. I typically eat the other half within a day or two, so I don't know about long term, but brown does not mean that avocado is bad. If you don't want to eat the brown part, just scrape off the very top layer and everything underneath is still green :)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    I have avocado most days. I make a lot of tacos. On rye bread. In salads. Chocolate smoothies. Halved w/ sea salt. On burgers. On chicken sandwiches. On BLTs (or BALTs, I guess). Yum!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Mmmmmmm avocado, lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, salt. Aka guacamole. It's one of my favorite things to eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Love avocados.
    On foods, in foods, alone.

My favorites: guacamole, of course, on a salad, and in my green smoothie.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    keep the nut in the half and run a bit of water over the flesh, then store it in air tight plastic bag in fridge. no browning!