Preying on the Gullible

13»

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2015
    @ana3067‌ check this out. Hope the link works.

Watch "HOT PEPPER CHALLENGE .... GloZell" on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYF9bImkOL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

She is pretty hilarious. That yellow habanero is difficult to confuse for something else, although my ex did once confuse a red one for a tomato. I tried to warn her but I was too late. She couldn't talk for twenty minutes. Ouch/lol.

Btw, if you eat peppers or something very spicy DO NOT DRINK WATER. All that does is irreversibly bind the capcaisin oils to your TRV nerve receptors (not actual taste receptors). Makes things worse, much worse.

The thing to do is:
    - drink a shot of alcohol - this dilutes the oils and numbs the nerve bundles. (Other oily food may help too)
    - eat some salt - has a blocking effect
    - Eat bread - helps remove the oil from the tongue surface
    - Ice, as a last resort, it tends to make the agony duller but longer.

Drinking water or water with sugar (that coke she swallows afterwards?) the worst thing you can do.

(This half folk remedy message brought to you by - things my Mexican biologist mother taught me and had me test)

Wash your hands with frothy soap, water alone - well, you'll see. Or not.

Holy crap! A reason to drink! Genius! :flowerforyou:

I kid. Had no idea about alcohol helping, but I guess that makes sense - thanks for sharing...

Now, off to find a ghost pepper... and get my vodka ready. :flushed:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Awesomness! This thread is both funny AND informative :star::smiley:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Stir the coffee with a cinnamon stick.

Milk is what you need if you've eaten a chile that is too hot. Things like sour cream or crema Mexicana seem to work the best.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Codilee87 wrote: »

If you soak cinnamon in hot water it congeals and gets a snot-like texture - so gross! I used to try adding a little cinnamon to my coffee for calorie-free flavor but I couldn't get past the weird slimy glob *shudders*

That's why you add cinnamon to the grounds before you brew the coffee. All the taste, no weird glob.

Yes! "Brew" the cinnamon, don't mix it in after (Bleh, I learned that one right quick, lol). So, cinnamon goes in my coffee, and honey goes in my tea (the way I like it). It's sort like the picture, but I sure didn't lose weight doing it (I have been both "fat" and "thin" consuming those things).

It's funny, yet sad, that silliness like this gets touted as "weight loss" secrets. Common sense tells us that these are ingredients many, many people consume all the time (people of all shapes and sizes). But, put them together in a cute little picture, and it's magically for "weight loss"? That's dumb.
  • fireguychris
    fireguychris Posts: 58 Member
    @ana3067‌ check this out. Hope the link works.

Watch "HOT PEPPER CHALLENGE .... GloZell" on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYF9bImkOL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

what a wuss.. i used to have habanero sauce with my eggs at breakfast..
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Codilee87 wrote: »

If you soak cinnamon in hot water it congeals and gets a snot-like texture - so gross! I used to try adding a little cinnamon to my coffee for calorie-free flavor but I couldn't get past the weird slimy glob *shudders*

That's why you add cinnamon to the grounds before you brew the coffee. All the taste, no weird glob.

Yup, and if you use the pumpkin pie spice blend, you have pumpkin spice coffee all year round...no need for sweetened syrup!