• prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I love sunny side up with a dash of pepper
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Over easy on a bed of sautéed kale, bacon, onions, peppers and mushrooms!

Yum! I threw most of those veggie in an omelet this morning - this sounds like a great way to start tomorrow!
  • DEJAnoVU
    DEJAnoVU Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    AntonioP23 wrote: »
    DEJAnoVU wrote: »
    If I'm feeling fancy...Omelette.
    2 whole eggs. 1 cup of spinach. 2 tsp of parm cheese.
    If I don't care...scrambled.
    2 whole eggs. Salt & Pepper. 2 tsp of taco cheese.

Just got some spinach from the store - tomorrow breakfast could be similar :)

You won't regret it :smile:
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Poached, always. Yolks must be runny. I find runny yolks in a boiled egg make for a weird, slippery, not-quite-cooked-enough-for-me white. I like scrambled very occasionally.

So, poached, salt and pepper, with seeded buttered toast (albeit gluten free, but if I could eat regular bread I so would), or with smoked salmon and baked beans - these are my most common breakfasts. My favourite is eggs benedict but I don't eat it that often. I like poached egg with avocado too but I rarely find decent avocadoes around here.
  • MandaLady1985
    Options
    3 Organic/Free Range Eggs, Dash of Pink Hymilaian Sea Salt, Lots of Fresh Ground Pepper, Alpine Lace Swiss, A Little Paprika, Sprinkle of Dried Onion Flakes, and fresh Green, Red, and Yellow Organic Peppers cooked up nicely into an Omlette. My personal favorite ^ _ ^
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    3 eggs cooked in 5g butter, Still runny.

Or

Poached

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Shakshouka

Shakshouka_03.jpg

Have you tried green? I found this recipe last year, and now I use it when I'm out of (or don't feel like making) tomato sauce for it:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-green-shakshuka-recipes-from-the-kitchn-203633
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fried in bacon fat, over-medium! B)

If I don't have bacon fat, I use coconut oil.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    shaunsmoot wrote: »
    I love omelets of any kind but especially with cottage cheese added to them. A quick, easy, eat on the run is "eggs in toast"! Simply take your favorite bread and spread both sides lightly with butter. Take a small cup & cut a whole in the center of it (keeping this so you can fry it with the other ). Place on pan. Next add your egg in the center of the bread cooking both sides until the yolk is to your liking.
    Grab & go. My kids love this if they don't have time to sit down for a meal. I love to eat mine with salsa & siracha. Yum yum! :)

I love these. I use a bit of cheese between the two bread slices.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Shakshouka

Shakshouka_03.jpg

Have you tried green? I found this recipe last year, and now I use it when I'm out of (or don't feel like making) tomato sauce for it:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-green-shakshuka-recipes-from-the-kitchn-203633

This looks really interesting! Except I don't have access to leeks, celery or swiss chard. I may try it with spinach alone (maybe in creamed spinach?)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Over easy with toast or brown rice and mushrooms. Yum.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Scrambled
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    In a quiche, or I saw on pinterest this nifty way of putting whole eggs in the shell in muffin tins and baking them. It actually works. They peel easy too. B)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I really have no preference really. I usually eat them fried.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have no idea how to poach eggs, or make them over easy, which is why I just fry them, lol.

I found a wonderful little pan that has nonstick cups to poach your eggs in. Just 4 and a half minutes and they are wonderful. But I like mine pretty much any way I can get them.
  • ery0007
    Options
    Somewhere in between soft and hard boiled is how I've been eating them lately, but if I am feeling indulgent then I scramble them with goat cheese and lots of fresh parsley.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    In cakes, brownies, and cookies. :p

• AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    EGGY BREAD. Enough said! :p
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    alicamode, Eggs baked in avocado with hot sauce...I now can say I've seen and heard all about the ways to cook eggs. Everyone else posts I've done.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Scrambled or poached, I'm not a massive fan of egg white on its own so with the poached I mash it all up.

To me I still find it odd that people would eat only the whites of eggs, but I think that's also because most people I know (UK) eat the whole egg. It's rare to hear if anyone eating the white only. I find the concept of that egg beaters product odd as well too, I can't imagine buying eggs in any form other than as a whole egg raw in its shell!

Ditto. The amount of recipes I discard as they discard the yolk or use some weird form of egg other than those simply fresh in the shell.