Sugar-free flavored coffee creamer without partially hydrogenated oil?

13»

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2015
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I know, I know, use real sugar and just use less, but I drink a LOT of coffee and this could be a place and a way I could at least attempt a compromise - if it doesn't work out, I'll try a different approach :smiley: .

If you drink a lot of coffee and plan to continue to do so, why not try and give your taste buds some time to adapt to a different flavor?

You might not like using less sugar right now. But over time you'll begin to appreciate new flavors that you're currently covering up with too much sweetener.

No, it's a very valid point. I actually don't add THAT much to my coffee...about 1 tsp per 7-8 ounce cup (I usually use 2tsp in my 14 ounce travel mug), and I make my coffee STRONG, so it really doesn't end up very sweet. I've tried adding less, and while I truly don't like overly sweet coffee (on the rare occasion I hit Dunkin Donuts or something I have to stress EASY sugar otherwise it's un-drinkable for me), I just can't do it without any sweetener at all. The hard part is that I tend to drink maybe 3 of those travel mugs per day...which adds up to ~100 calories and 24g of carbs in just coffee sugar. I can work the calories in ok, but my carb goal is around 100 per day, give or take a few depending on exercise, and it just doesn't work for me to use up 1/4 of those only on coffee. Cutting back the sweetener per serving so far hasn't been successful, and cutting back total coffee consumption isn't an option right now ;), so I'm just looking for some alternatives for maybe 1-2 of my cups per day. It's not a do-or-die thing, just poking around for some different options :) .